Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Which is the better platform for photgraphy? x-Pro or the DF ti SAVS?

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Which is the better platform for photgraphy? x-Pro or the DF ti SAVS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
cloudcuckooland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the better platform for photgraphy? x-Pro or the DF ti SAVS?

Hi all

As far as I can see, the SAVS is supplied with all you need to take off and take pictures with the on-board camera (or perhaps with a little digital camera suspended underneath), while the X-pro, a much larger vehicle, comes with no photographic apparatus, and no factory-designed and built method of mounting or operating a camera.

But if I am right in this, does it still mean that the x-Pro is the better flying machine for AP? It's bigger, so it's more stable, right? It has a flight duration of 25 minutes, right? And it is possible to mount a camera and operate it via a servo on the Tx, right?

Cheers for views on this.

TB
Old 04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
cloudcuckooland

Default RE: Which is the better platform for photgraphy? x-Pro or the DF ti SAVS?

er, maybe something is better than either?[&:]
Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Sky High

Default RE: Which is the better platform for photgraphy? x-Pro or the DF ti SAVS?

ORIGINAL: cloudcuckooland
...while the X-pro, a much larger vehicle, comes with no photographic apparatus, and no factory-designed and built method of mounting or operating a camera.
Yes, it does have a video option as seen in the image below but you would have to make your own mount for a still camera at least until they do.[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69717.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	662730  
Old 04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
cloudcuckooland

Thanks Sky High, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on the x-pro with cameras - maybe is that becasue not so many are sold? I think that xrayjb2 said there were something like four a year!

Is no-one else interested in the lifting capacity/suitability of the x-pro for high quality AP work?

Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Sky High

I think the fact that the X Pro costs $5000 is why not too many people have one.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
cloudcuckooland

Might be something to do with it!