RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flight Power Sources (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flight-power-sources-126/)
-   -   Packs for Eflite T-34 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flight-power-sources-126/11038308-packs-eflite-t-34-a.html)

acdii 04-11-2012 05:34 PM

Packs for Eflite T-34

Right now I am running Gen Ace 3300 Mah packs in the bird, but flight times are pretty low. Iwant longer times, so what can I put in for some longer flights? DoIlook for something with a higher C, or higher mah, or both? Ican probably fit a wider pack and have room for length, but not sure how it will balance out with a longer pack. Iget about 8 minutes tops now, and would like to get closer to 15. Iget that now with the same pack in the Apprentice.

guver 04-11-2012 06:46 PM

RE: Packs for Eflite T-34

Your best option is to use a higher capacity pack. Hopefully the bird can handle the extra weight. Higher C won't do much for you. Can you fit 2 of those 3300 in there and still get the COG right? I don't have a lot of plane experience , but most all the airplane experience that I do have is with "too big of battery pack" so my flights are almost all 15-30 minutes.

acdii 04-12-2012 05:25 AM

Not enough for 2 packs and still get the canopy on.  Main reason I didn't convert it to glow, not enough room for a tank, even with cutting the floor out, there is about half a centimeter between the floor bottom and the top of the wing, and the packs I have now just fits height wise with some wiggle room under the canopy, so I can put a somewhat larger pack in ti, I just have to measure and find one that fits. Weight shouldn't be a problem as long as I can keep it forward, this plane tends to be tail heavy if the pack is not all the way forward. <div>
</div><div>Now, Gen Ace, or Sky Lipo? </div><div>
</div><div>Preferences on brands?  The Gen Aces seem to be pretty good for what I have, but tend to bleed off quickly when they get warm.  This has been my major headache with eth T-34, it draws some juice when full throttle, so when I play it tends to be short flights, the alarm goes off after just a few minutes, but after I land and let it cool down the voltage jumps right back up to at least 3.8, but in my Apprentice I can fly 15 minutes on the same pack. </div>

guver 04-12-2012 01:41 PM

Those are both pretty good brands (and good bang for your buck)

From what your describing you need a good quality high "C" rate pack OR you can also do it i bigger cpacity since both the rating and the capacity work together to give us the total current capability.

If your only getting a few minutes then you absolutely need better batteries. It looks like you may shop at hobbypartz and those are very good priced packs , maybe Hobbyking nanos would also be comparable or even better.

As I get more aggressive I'm sure I'll ave the same trouble as you are. Right now I fly pretty easy and lazy so most of them take a 3sx2.2 pack , but a few of the bigger more powerful ones I have just used 2 parallel 3sx2.2 packs. It cuts the load in half.

acdii 04-12-2012 04:05 PM

I just got back from my pasture where I flew my apprentice for 18 minutes off the same pack I had used the other day. It still had 3.5 volts in it when I landed, it was starting the cutoff at 3/4 to full throttle. It was slightly warm.

I think I will get a couple larger 45C packs while they still have them. I think a 4400 will fit, I will compare dimensions and measure the battery tray.

acdii 04-18-2012 11:36 AM

Question, what if I put a 4S1P pack in instead of the 3S1P?