Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade cx3 requires consistent left cyclic input.

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade cx3 requires consistent left cyclic input.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 AM
stinknugget
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade cx3 requires consistent left cyclic input.

Hello all long time no post. Hope are are well.

My blade cx3 requires consistent left cyclic input in flight. I have replaced the flybar, inner shaft, outer shaft, and have verified (by eye) that everything is square i.e. swashplate and linkages. However the problem still exists. I have adjusted the pot and gyro and aside from the left cyclic issue the heli flies fantastic. This has been an ongoing issue that i have just delt with for many months now, but my son is starting to get interested and i would like to train him using a buddy box setup and of course a properly flying heli. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:56 PM
stinknugget

Default RE: Blade cx3 requires consistent left cyclic input.

I forgot to mention that i upgraded my heli with both stage kit upgrades from flyrcrivesud.com. The package claimed better outdoor flight in low wind conditions. This included a longer outer and inner shaft. I am going back to the stock inner and outer shafts and will keep posted as to the outcome. A local hobby shop informed me that although the upgrade kit (longer inner and outer) may increase outdoor performance slightly, the extended shaft is much more tempermental when it comes to slight warping of the shaft. I believe he is absoluetly correct as the rotor head wabbled much more immediately after upgrade (no crashes, damage, etc.) than the stock shaft did.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 AM
AH-64_d

By constant left cyclic input, I assume that you are talking about yaw, because the CX3 is a co-axial. If the problem is beyond correction with trim, adjust the proportional mix pot on the 3 in 1. That adjustment is touchy. That pot is fragile - Mess with it too much and it will break. I recently repaired a CX2 whose former owner diddled with the pots so much that I had to replace its 3 in 1. That person failed to notice that the lower rotor head was broken and essentially wore out the pots on the 3 in 1 trying to fix its misbehavior.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
stinknugget

Thank you for your assistance. Everything appears to be ok with the lower rotor head. I have made numerous fragile adjustments to the 3in1 with no luck. I am hoping the inner shaft is slightly warped and going back to stock on both shafts will do the trick. Fingers crossed. I am begining to notice some toilet bowl effect thats consistent with warped shafts bent flybars etc.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 AM
AH-64_d

Tearing your CX3 down to inspect its shafts is a final step to check for bent shafts. You can remove the upper blades, check for vibration, and then the lower blades and again check for vibration as interim tests for bent bits. If something seems to be shaking, continure taking things apart to examine the shafts. The best test for bent inner or outer shafts would be to roll the shaft along a very flat surface such as a piece of stone threshold or your kitchen counter. The rotor head or gear has to stick out beyond the edge of the flat surface to permit this test. You will see the shaft lift off of the flat surface as it rolls past the bend. A stock metal flybar can bend into an S shape in a crash. This can cause toilet bowl. Sight along the flybar to see if it is bent. Check the flybar and linkage for binding as another cause of toilet bowl.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:13 AM
startazz

ORIGINAL: stinknugget

Thank you for your assistance. Everything appears to be ok with the lower rotor head. I have made numerous fragile adjustments to the 3in1 with no luck. I am hoping the inner shaft is slightly warped and going back to stock on both shafts will do the trick. Fingers crossed. I am begining to notice some toilet bowl effect thats consistent with warped shafts bent flybars etc.
I had the same sort of problem with one of my older CX2's and i did what you are now doing and it was down to the inner shaft having a slight warp to it,once i replaced it all was fine again,i hope you get it all sorted soon.
Oh and what AH-64_d said about how to judge if it has a warp in it works great because thats how i checked mine,it seem like quite a long time ago that i last did all this,to think of it it was about three years ago.

After reading this i might have to get my Heli's back out and fly them around indoors,not sure if the Mrs will be happy though but that can be part of the fun for me.