Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

tail motor problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
bladecpnewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail motor problem...

i just did a brushless conversion for my blade cp and now that i have everything hooked up my tail motor wont budge??
the 4-in-1 is blinkin continuously red green red green??
any ideas on whats wrong here?

i'm guessing that it might be because the 4-in-1 isnt arming?
the main motor arms through the brushless esc
Old 07-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Raylon

Default RE: tail motor problem...

Make sure all the trims are in the proper place, but if you are doing a brushless conversion you would have thought of that already. It normally means that when it blinks like that or the Tx isn't on.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:57 AM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What method did you use for the brushless converion? I soldered a new connector to the throttle channel to use for the brushless ESC. The pins of the throttle channel from the receiver still need to go into the gyro board otherwise it won't get a throttle signal to arm the 4-in-1. It also needs that signal to mix the tail rotor to stick travel.

Chris
Old 07-16-2006, 02:00 AM
bladecpnewbie

Oh ok i messed up then, see i thought i was slick and just bent the pins from channel three upward and cut the plastic casing and just pluggedin the Brushless ESC ok so i know i'm not guna be able to bend the pins back without breaking them so what should i do?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:42 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think anyway you do it you are not going to be able to close the case again unless you can get those pins back down. You could use the female end of servo extension (cut the other end off) and take the shroud off. That will leave three pins sticking out. That will plug into the gyro/esc board. Solder the other ends to the pins. Like I said, I don't think you be able to close the case. Another option is to switch to a different (better) receiver which will be less glitch prone than the stock when using brushless motors. You need to make up or get a Y cable to connect the brushless speed control to the receiver and the gyro/esc board. You will need to use the stock power connector for the tail motor ESC. Don't connect the power lead from your speed control to the gyro/esc board, just to the receiver. You don't want power going to the receiver from two sources. You only need the signal and ground wires going to the gyro/esc board.

I hope this helps.
Chris