Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

High pitch from E-flite charger

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

High pitch from E-flite charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 PM
healthyfatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pitch from E-flite charger

I just got my CX in the mail today! Well, they said there was a wall charger with it but it wasn't the stock one. In fact, the specifications say it is 12V and 1.0A output. The manual says to use a 1.5A output. Well, seeing someone recently post that his 1.0A one worked, I thought I would try it out. As soon as I plugged the battery in, there was a high pitch noise coming from it. I unplugged the battery immediately because that didn't seem right. Is that normal? Do I need to get rid of the wall charger and get an e-flite one? Any help would be appreciated because I really want to fly this thing.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:35 PM
orlbuzz

Default RE: High pitch from E-flite charger

healthyfatboy,

how 'bout some info? Where'd you get it? What brand charger is it? etc.

orlbuzz
Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 PM
healthyfatboy

I bought it off of Amazon. The guy said he won it at a trade show and he had never flown it so I decided to take a chance with it.
Well, I got it today and opened it up to find that it had a lot of stickers on the heli and the Tx from a company that must have been at the trade show and given the heli away. The wall charger in it was a Fellows charger 12V 1.0A output. Everything else looked to be in great (new) condition. I plugged the wall charger to the e-flite charger and the red light was blinking as it should have. I decided to put the battery on and as soon as I did, it made a high pitched sound and didn't really sound right. I didn't want to take a chance with it being a LiPo so I unplugged it and am trying to figure out what to do. I really want to fly it so I'm tempted to just go to the hobby store and sheel out $20 for the e-flite charger. Any suggestions?
Old 09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
sox101

Yes, the high pitched noise is normal. On my Cp pro charger it makes a high pitch noise for about an hour and fifteen minutes then makes a quiet high pitched beeping for about 10 minutes (you can only hear the beeping if you put your ear up to it).
Old 09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
98rt_canadian

Yes, I can hear it as well during charging.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Heli_Harry

You Must have good ears.

I spent too much time around Navy Aircraft

Old 09-20-2006, 11:18 AM
shag555

Why not try plugging your little Eflight box on to a car battery for a source and see if it still makes the noise when charging? Otherwise, give that wallwart a exam witha multimeter.

MPB
Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 PM
healthyfatboy

Thanks for all the ideas. I decided to just buy the e-flite wall wart and it charged just fine. Thanks everyone.