Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
choppersrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

Spuratic,

Go for the Extreme 850 mAh 20C... The 20C will give you alot more horse power than a 10C. And the difference in the mAh rating will be negligable... Depends on what ya wanna do.....and your flying style.

Dave / Choppersrule
ORIGINAL: spuratic

Whats every body's experience with battery's? i'm looking at getting either a Extreme 850mah 20c or the DN 900mah 10c? Im not sure what to get and any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Dopesick

Personally I like the DN, CSRC and MegaPower ones. They're pretty cheap too, and I don't think your going to need a 850Mah 20C pack for the CX's.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
spuratic

Boy oh boy this thread is really dead.....LOL
Old 08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
spuratic

Was wondering what the weight difference is between the extreme landing skids, canopy, and tail boom are in comparison to the stock stuff? i would assume that it may be a little lighter.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
nothinbetr2do

hi guys, i was just wondering if anybody put one of these on their cx2? and if so where did you put it? thanks http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLRG90HL
Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 PM
spuratic

If i were to put a HH gyro on my heli i would go to boomtownhobbies and buy the boom kit. Then you can put it on the back easily. And i will also sell you my telebe headlock gyro for $40.00 plus shipping. I have only used it through about 5 battery cycles in my cp pro, but am now parting the chopper out and flying the cx2 and saving for a T-rex.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
nothinbetr2do

thanks for the offer, but i already have the other one i linked to. i was just wondering where it would go. i so guess there is a space on an after market tail boom? do you have a link to one? thanks again
Old 08-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Xanok

Hey guys,

Im currently in the process of removing the gears to switch to the 180 motor. But im having a major problem removing the screw from the retaining collar. I went out and bought a better screw driver and even then I cant get this damn screw off! Is there any tricks to this? Or do I just have keep trying? I just dont want to bend the shaft connected to it!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 PM
dream_mas

I had the same problem, I just got a small presision needle nose and squeezed down on it and turned it a little until it broke free then I used my screwdriver to remove it... I changed out that screw on the re-install..... Good luck with the 180's (i'm assuming your putting in the extreme 180's) let me know how it goes, I was thinking of doing the same upgrade...

Dream
Old 08-22-2008, 12:21 AM
spuratic

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...ks_p/xc001.htm Thats the kit that i have...you can buy the tail boom set up separate if you prefer though. Let me know what you think of the 180's your putting in.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Xanok

ORIGINAL: dream_mas

I had the same problem, I just got a small presision needle nose and squeezed down on it and turned it a little until it broke free then I used my screwdriver to remove it... I changed out that screw on the re-install..... Good luck with the 180's (i'm assuming your putting in the extreme 180's) let me know how it goes, I was thinking of doing the same upgrade...

Dream

I'll let you know as soon as I get the son of a ***** off! I dont have a needle nose small enough so thats out. Guess ill just wait till I go back to the LHS and have them do it. I did however move the servo arm up one hole. Now I have a lot of tuning to do to hover it again. That and I need to do the flybar mod. Anyone have the link to that?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:24 AM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: Dopesick

ORIGINAL: aviator24
I have moved out the servo link rods for more control in the wind outside. How far can these be moved out? I am out two holes on each side and have two more holes to go?
When I get aggressive or try to avoid a crash, I seem to break blades all the time! I want to go to upgrade my blades AS CHEAPLY as possible. Would I be better off just getting a longer bar between the blades?? I have read about lightening the flybar as well as shortening it? That sounds difficult and beyond my tech skill? Pretty much all thumbs.
If your breaking blades while flying aggresivly, you NEED to lighten your flybar. The lower blades respond much quicker then the flybar weights will allow the upper blades to respond. Your getting the Blade Clack of Death. As discussed: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7699962/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: Roadtorque
I was looking at my swashplate on my CX2 the other day and thought about giving it a shot of oil (WD40) on the top side of the swashplate just to cut down on any friction that might be in there. Anyone see a problem with this? I figured as long as I dont get to much oil in there to drip over the motors I would be fine. What do you all think?
I would say to you... NEVER use WD-40 as a lubricant. Its one of the worlds worst items to use as a lubricant. It's title, and use is a "Water Dispersing" agent. Hence WD, Combination #40.

If you really wish to lubricate it, I would say use a drop of silicon oil. However, IIRC that is a sealed bearing, and it won't doo too much good anyways.
I also think that oil can cause the stock swash to separate more easily. It's just a pressed fit. If it needs lubed, it probably needs replaced.

Chris
Old 08-22-2008, 07:13 AM
Sucka-Lemon

get a mini titan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
chris1379

I would guess that most people who enjoy the CX-2 will eventually buy a CP heli but what's that got to do with the CX-2? The Mini Titan can't replace it for indoor fun. Is it safe to assume you just got your Mini Titan and it's such a rush it leaves you delirious?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=lol.gif].
Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Dopesick

ORIGINAL: chris1379
I would guess that most people who enjoy the CX-2 will eventually buy a CP heli but what's that got to do with the CX-2? The Mini Titan can't replace it for indoor fun. Is it safe to assume you just got your Mini Titan and it's such a rush it leaves you delirious?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=lol.gif].
I agree. I don't know what got into him, but last I thought... We all had CX2's for flying in small areas. If I was flying my Pigeon (Trex Clone) in the house, I'd be living outside with the dog for sure!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
mcinturf

Hey chris1379, where do you live in dayton? I'm in Beavercreek. Just bought a CX2 about a week ago. Had a few crashes/replacements prior to hitting the forums and learning how to make adjustments. Getting better with it though. Still want to do a few upgrades/replacements but having a difficult time removing some of the screws on some of the parts. Guess I'll worry about that when I have to replace things. It seems I spend more time tyrying to tweak this thing than actually fly it.

Take care.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: Swanky Pants

Great advice, Rusty.

I've had my heli for about a month now and I'm already salivating at trying a coventional heli. I had a CP a year ago and got discourged with it because I couldn't fly it. Now that I've had some airborne experience, I want to move up soon. Granted, it's a whole different bird, but I have the feel of flying a bird in front of me.

LOL I hear ya there. I love my CX2, it's the only indoor heli I got, and i have a large collection of heli's, but I ALWAYS end up going back to my t-Rex 600 or now my 700 because the CX2 just isnt challenging enough.

I recommend a t-rex 450se V2 t you when you move up. It's a high performance heli, and it will bite you when you screw up, but it is a very stable platform to learn on. it will also provide you with years of fun and enjoyment.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 AM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: mcinturf

Hey chris1379, where do you live in dayton? I'm in Beavercreek. Just bought a CX2 about a week ago. Had a few crashes/replacements prior to hitting the forums and learning how to make adjustments. Getting better with it though. Still want to do a few upgrades/replacements but having a difficult time removing some of the screws on some of the parts. Guess I'll worry about that when I have to replace things. It seems I spend more time tyrying to tweak this thing than actually fly it.

Take care.
I'm in Miami Township. Upgrades are OK but not necessary. Just make sure you can handle it stock before upgrading. It hurts to break those shiny new upgrade parts. During the winter, [link=http://www.thehobbyshoponline.com/]The Hobby Shop[/link] has indoor fly-ins. Lots of space and no wind.

Chris
Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 PM
aviator24

Ok, I am back. After a self imposed rc heli exhile for the last month, finally got the CX2 out and dusted it off. Put on a new flybar and blades. Gave her a test flight and she flew like new! Hovered so still and was able to control it really well.
Been concentrating on my planes with some bad luck as well there. Finally got them flying good, figured the heli was next!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Whew! I just finished reading the whole thing! Took weeks (a couple a day during lunch at work) but I made it. Thank you all for the information you've shared. It's made me a good mechanic, not a better pilot but I'm still working on that.

I have the CX2 with a heatsink & skinny tail boom. I had to take the body off as there was so much tape holding it together I couldn't trim it out any more.

I do have a question though (surprise, surprise). Does anyone have any links or suggestions on how to actully fly the heli? I've Googled but keep getting hits for real flying schools for real aircraft (next life). I need a good book or forum or ... to describe what to do & how to do it.

Found piros by accident & didn't know what it was called for weeks until I saw it on a video! I can hover pretty well & working on the different orientations but ready for more adventuresome flying. Did I mention I'm confined to the living room full of furniture, TV, piano, end tables, etc? The trips outside have been VERY costly indeed!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And thanks again for all the good stuff on this forum.
Chuck
Old 09-16-2008, 11:03 PM
stringcheese

test
Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
stringcheese

I just wrote up my whole experience with mu cx2 and the damn forum timed out and dumped my well thought out story. PISS. Sorry guys.

Here were the 3 questions I had.

Do I need any additional parts to make boomtowns extended main shaft and head work/

Is the aluminum battery tray worth the money and extra weight?

Is anyone experiencing any esc burn-downs with the 25C Lipo? Has anyone used it?

thanks,

Mikey P
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Evan T.

if i ran my batt down till it wouldnt fly is it toasted
Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

I just wrote up my whole experience with mu cx2 and the damn forum timed out and dumped my well thought out story. PISS.
Lol.....!! You had me laughing on that one.... That's happened to me to many times ! It drives me mad... Now right before I send anything, I always 'copy' it just in case....

~ Jeff
Old 09-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Evan T.

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

if i ran my batt down till it wouldnt fly is it toasted
sooooooo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.