Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Can anyone explain CX2 transmitter trouble

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Can anyone explain CX2 transmitter trouble

Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
rccrasher9
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone explain CX2 transmitter trouble

[:@] every other day it seems that when I am going to fly my cx2, when I turn on the transmitter it beeps like six times voltage is 6.2 but the red led light does not blink nor turn on, therefor does not sync with heli. after about 20-30 min ill switch it on at the red led will come on and sync with heli. I've tried changing batteries, moving the throttle and trim and everthing else back to lowest points or settings and still does not work. The heli goes from green to red.

I called horizon and they dont have a clue as to whats going on but they want me to send it to them so they can troubleshoot it. They offered to sell me a new one and when I send mine in, if its defective the'll refund me, But they are out of stock now. I cant see myself 2-3 weeks without flying my heli. especially with the upgraded alluminum blade holders, blades and a pr of extreme 180's not to mention the new csm 22c batteries all in the mail due friday.....[&o]

I paid $300.00 at my lhs with the upgrade uluminums, and police body - blade holders..... they said " you pay more here but you get the help and service when you need it" well needless to say they wont give me a refund or exchange it. I asked for a used tx while I wait for mine to return from horizon.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe[&o]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
USHobbySupply

Default RE: Can anyone explain CX2 transmitter trouble

So, you say every other day? It only happens sporadically?

sounds like a defective TX. Have you taken it back to the store to see if a different TX will bind to your RX. I think they would be willing to do that. Then you (and them) would know that the TX is defective.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
rccrasher9

Well when I took the transmitter back to my lhs they said they did not have anymore in stock. But that even if they did thay could not make a whole brand new kit incomplete to exchange it for a used one. The recommend I call Horizon, Which I did and Horizon wants me to send it in so they can check it.... but yea it does it once in a while maybe 1 in 2 days sometimes 3 days.... I dont use it much. and always when I'm just getting ready for first flight of the session.

Horizon wants to sell me a new one, have it shipped to me, then I can send this on and if somethings is wrong they will credit my acount, but if they can fix it I'm stuck with 2 tx. I really cant see myself sending in this one and waiting 2-3 weeks to get it back.... Its only a week old. Never dropped it, I even have it next to my jr 8103 in the case. I use a neck strap so id does'nt get abused.

I'm not sure if it would bind with another tx because I have never tried it. The lhs had the heli on the glass shelf ready to fly with alumin upgrades -blade holders..... I guess I am the only one with this intermitn trouble.

Joe
Old 11-15-2007, 03:34 AM
shufflez

Does your LHS sell DX7's? They can work/bind with the CX2 too, so you might try that. Have you checked the dip-switch settings on the back of the TX? Do they 'line up' with the settings as per the manual? And is the 2.4Ghz circuitboard connected properly? (Maybe it dropped once, causing the circuit to come loose?)

Too bad you aren't nearby, you could have tried either of my DSM2 TX's... Maybe there's someone in your neighbourhood/area with a CX2?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 AM
rccrasher9

Shufflez, I'll ask my lhs if they will try to sync a dx7 with my cx2. The dip switches are all in the extreme position, nothing in middle. The board should be snug because inbetween flights the transmitter does bounce around with my neck strap on and does not interfere with my flying. Ill ask them to lend me the dx7 while I wait for my tx to return from Horizon

It still works after about 20 min of leaving it along.... but its annoying to have to sit around for 20 min to fly....[&o] Thats why its so hard to send it in while I Know I can still use it... Horizon should send me a replacement while I send them mine, But they wont. And my lhs should have helped me out, but they they dont have any spare tx laying around. Where is the product support? 1 week with heli and aready having trouble with tx. Next time Ill make sure I buy from someone who stands behind the product... Align.... hmmmmm align 450 se...

Joe
Old 11-15-2007, 07:40 AM
jmhh

Hi RC...know this is not the ideal solution, but...
check eBay...I bought a used TX there for about $36 shipped
...works fine..and I've seen them cheaper..get one from eBay
and send old one in...maybe Horizon will then give you a
"store credit" ...cheers, John H.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
BryFlyGuy67

One of my stock CX2 radios had a similar problem. When I would first switch it on, I would get the beep, but no red light. However, if I would then go on to turn the radio off and then right back on again, the light would come on as normal. I never did figure out why.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
stump3r

If you have the cash I would take the plunge and just buy a DX7. Yes it's an investment however if you plan on moving forward in this hobby a good tx is something you will have to purchase. Shufflez, and I do believe BryFlyGuy both fly their CX2's with the DX7 and give it rave reviews. Takes that stable little heli into a entirely different league! I would have one if it wasn't for the tight heli budget the wife has me on!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
BryFlyGuy67

Yes, I run both of my CX2's with my DX7 Tx. It rocks! With the flip of 4 switches on the Tx, I can transform the Heli from a nice, stable indoor flyer to a performance machine for oudoor flight.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
notasme

Do you have other devices nearby that are on 2.4g? i.e wireless network, cordless phone, ... . If so, try turning them off.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
shufflez

Good point Notasme, but i have both DECT-phones, WiFi and wireless AV on 2.4Ghz, none of them interfere with the 2.4Ghz of the DSM2.

The DX7 indeed rocks! I have my CX2 and HDX450 on it and programmed different modes too, that works SUPERB!
(Now i need to learn to fly the HDX the same way i can smash my CX2 around :P).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
rccrasher9

I don't think I have other stuff on that 2.4 g but if there was something around... I went 7 miles to a indoor tennis gym and it happened there too. than after about 20 min it came on..... I think I'll take the advice on one from ebay.... It is tempting to buy a dx7 but I have a large fleet of remote tx to buy rx's in order to replace the ones for the tx's I have, would mean a equity loan on my house. [img][/img]

Joe

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58599.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	804424  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
shufflez

Nice collection!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM