Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

B400/DX6i: Adding Second Model & Binding?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

B400/DX6i: Adding Second Model & Binding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Wolfpackin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B400/DX6i: Adding Second Model & Binding?

I would like to add another Blade 400 model into my DX6i.
Same heli just another TX version so I can change settings and compare them to the original setup.

I added the second model with the setup changes I wanted but the ESC won't arm with it.
Do I need to bind this new model to the RX and if so will the original model keep its bind?
I'd like it if both stay binded so I can switch back and forth, make comparisons, without having to bind every time.

I'm hoping anyone with a DX6, DX6i or DX7 can answer this.
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
choppersrule

Default RE: B400/DX6i: Adding Second Model & Binding?

Wolf,

I'm not a wiz, but write down the original setting for the B400. Set up model two and rebind. Can't hurt to try. I do know that you have to bind with each model. That's how the TX knows where the RX is and its mystical internal settings.

You may be the first to try this, let us all know.

Dave / Choppersrule
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ORIGINAL: Wolfpackin

I would like to add another Blade 400 model into my DX6i.
Same heli just another TX version so I can change settings and compare them to the original setup.

I added the second model with the setup changes I wanted but the ESC won't arm with it.
Do I need to bind this new model to the RX and if so will the original model keep its bind?
I'd like it if both stay binded so I can switch back and forth, make comparisons, without having to bind every time.

I'm hoping anyone with a DX6, DX6i or DX7 can answer this.
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Wolfpackin

Hey Dave,

Thanks, it took 40-something hits to get a response.
At least it's good to know that the reason it wouldn't arm is because I need to bind again.

I will try over the weekend and see what happens with both models.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Richkid241

hey wolf you can first copy from model 1 to model 2 then bind number 2 heli to number 1's remote then you can make the changes you want.check the manual on the copy directions.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Wolfpackin

Rich,

Thanks.
Will both setups then be binded(bound?) at the same time?
In other words will I have to bind again when switching models or are they both good to go whenever I want to switch back and forth?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Richkid241

you just switch the model on the radio model match will keep it all straight.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Wolfpackin

Sweet, thanks again.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:56 AM
gnd2

A receiver can only be bound to one model memory at a time. You'll have to rebind when you switch to a different model in the transmitter.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Wolfpackin

[sm=confused.gif]
Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Richkid241

2 helis 2 recievers 1 remote once bound to model's 1 and 2 you do not have to bind any more unless you add another model.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Richkid241

I have 5 heli's 1 of wich is gas and 3 plane so far all i do is when i trn on the radio select the 1 i want to fly then turn on whichever i chose and it's ready to go if you do not have it on the right 1 it won't arm. the dx6i will bind to 10 recievers hence 10 models but only 1 at a time
Old 01-05-2008, 02:31 AM
gnd2

ORIGINAL: Richkid241

2 helis 2 recievers 1 remote once bound to model's 1 and 2 you do not have to bind any more unless you add another model.
That's not was he's asking about though, read the original post again. He wants 1 heli, 1 receiver, and two model memories in the transmitter. He wants to bind both model memories to the one receiver so that he can switch between the two without rebinding but it won't let you do that.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Richkid241

yep your right i missunderstood what he was trying to do.he would have to buy another rx then he could set up like he want just have to swap out, too much trouble.sorry wolf if i misslead you just order another 400 then you could compare.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Richkid241

yep your right i missunderstood what he was trying to do.he would have to buy another rx then he could set up like he want just have to swap out, too much trouble.sorry wolf if i misslead you just order another 400 then you could compare.
I would think it is way cheaper and easier to rebind the model than buy a new reciever and swap it out?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM
choppersrule

Wolfpackin,

Here's a copy of the binding below. An educated guess, is that EACH model number in the Tx, sends it's own specific code to the receiver and trains it to that code. Model 1 would have a code of say, "ABC" and model two, would have "KLM" as examples. So, with that thought. You would only have to rebind the Receiver when switching model numbers, what the heck, it doesn't take that long to do.
Good luck, it would be fun to try and a new learning experience to boot.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The AR6200 receiver must be bound to the transmitter before it will operate. Binding is the process of teaching the
receiver the specific code of the transmitter so it will connect to that specific transmitter. Once bound, the receiver
will only connect to the transmitter when the previously bound model memory is selected. If another model
memory is selected, the receiver will not connect. This feature is called ModelMatchâ„¢ and prevents flying a model
using the wrong model memory""

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 01-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Wolfpackin

[sm=idea.gif]

Thanks guys, I'm glad we got that straightened out.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
scale_edge

hey wolf - use 3 models, bind the third model to the heli, then copy down the other two's settings into the thrid one to switcg back and forth

edge
Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 AM
cubnpede82

Hello all,
I am new to computer radio's and haven't flown heli's at all, but 3D heli's are a show and a half to watch, lots of thumb work outs to train for that stuff. Anyways, I've been researching and checking out computer radios for a while now, bout 6mo. and have decided to go Spektrum, DX6i is to good to be true, and I don't see me needing 7 - 9 ch for at least a couple years, so I've been drooling over this new DX for a while.
Thanks to delays, and more delays, I'm contemplating selling something to get blade 400 for the Tx and then keep blade for later. Would it be possible for newb to learn on that heli? maybe just tame it down some with D/R or exponential?
Also, couldn't the person who started this thread program different flight modes on one model memory? and have 2 sets of settings on a flip of a switch? Or is there just like d/r and what not.
Again, new to comp. Tx and heli's.
Thanks to all who make this site ROCK.

GO HAWKS!!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:34 PM
EPHeliGuy

Why not use the COPY function to COPY the original settings to a different model number on the TX. Make changes as you want to the COPIED version. When you want to revert to the original, COPY it back. Binding and Unbinding may take longer than COPYing.