Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CYRODRIVE DISCUSSION THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CYRODRIVE DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Drewed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CYRODRIVE DISCUSSION THREAD

OK, since many other threads are getting mucked up with cyrodrive talk, and general bickering. I have made a thread for all cyrodrive talk. This will keep all the information in one place.

Cyrodrive has offered a free drive to someone who is willing to give an unbiased review of it. They do have some "requests" on what / who they would like to do this review, but I will allow them to post that info.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
eat2muchrice

Default RE: CYRODRIVE DISCUSSION THREAD

This is good, hopefully we won't distroy another one of pirellip threads.
I think pirellip has done a great job with testing shaft lengths, I believe he has proven that going to long is a bad thing. I will take resonsibility and must appologize again for his last threads for they turned very ugly. As I've read in many different threads extending your gap between the upper and lower blades by 10mm seems to be the most effective.
To just update on everyone new, here are the links to Pirellip's previouse postings.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6916689/tm.htm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6920565/tm.htm
Old 01-18-2008, 11:06 PM
pirellip

Well as you can all see, my interest is getting my CX2 to fly as nice as possible outside (Indoors are no problem)

I'd be willing to review the Cryodrive.

As you can see from my last posts, I've been totally impartial and just want to tune my CX2. I've been flying my TREX for a few years now (I got mine just as they were released) so I'm not a new pilot.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 AM
eat2muchrice

Old 01-20-2008, 02:07 AM
FXR
Banned

Who invited rice here in my room.....
Old 01-20-2008, 02:44 AM
FXR
Banned

I told Merlin that you were pretty cool, and he does have to pick someone... but you guys decided... good night.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 AM
FXR
Banned

Damn typos... I meant, you guys please decide amongst yourselves, I swear, sometimes I feel like I have 8 thumbs.... good night.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Drewed

ORIGINAL: MAGICHOBBY...
and to that we will send out 1 hole drive unit with bar FREE!!! but you must understand that we can not afford to send out a bunch of them ... so please pm , e-mail , phone .. ect. amongst your self's to decide who would be best to make a non bias honest review ..

some one with good flying skills and preferably with a heli using x-treme motors and blades and is using micro heli lower and swash with a e-sky upper also using the max servo throw if using a dx-7 tx even better....
So there is the offer.

I would like to do the review, but my cx2 does not have x-treme motors or blades ( blades on order ) or a dx-7 transmiter. I think a better test would be to throw the cyrodrive into as stock a copter as possible ( I see that aluminum heads are the minimum.)
Old 01-20-2008, 08:09 AM
mpetrich

Whatever happens with your test is great but just to let you know, I ponied up the cash, bought one, and will be testing it as soon as possible (it shipped, so hopefully in a few days).
I should be getting the Cryodrive and the Cryobar.
My CX2 has a lot of upgrades and I use a DX-7 (don't really understand how that makes a difference though).
Trust me, if it is junk, I will let everyone know.
If it is great, I will let everyone know that also.
Too bad I don't have the parts today. It is five below in Chicago today, that would of made for a good test to see how quickly the plastic becomes brittle in this weather.
Matt
Old 01-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Drewed

No kidding on the temps! I could "cyro" my whole cx2 today just by setting it outside for a few minutes today. Let us know how it goes, I just toasted my main gear
Old 01-20-2008, 07:35 PM
CRYOHOBBY
Banned

hay guys what's up ... sounds like not the temps were you guys are ... it is cold here today also 60* lol well that is cold for here in the day ....

anyway looking fwd to the review from mpetrich we really hope you enjoy them and we will stand behind the products if you have any Q: or problems please e-mail or call we will make it right!!!

keep in mind guys we use the highest grades of materials to make this drive no joke go look at the cost of the bearings alone {4 of them} also we use the highest msi rated c/f there is {also not cheap} and the best 303 S/L stock {again not cheap} and hay just look at how nice the gears are with the cnc hub and all

only the best goes to the cryolab no point in making a turd stronger lol lol

hay also don't mean to push anything down your throats but has any of you looked at the lighting systems on the site ? I ask because no one has said anything just wandering what you guys think about the leds and how they work [8D]
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 PM
eat2muchrice

ORIGINAL: Drewed

ORIGINAL: MAGICHOBBY...
and to that we will send out 1 hole drive unit with bar FREE!!! but you must understand that we can not afford to send out a bunch of them ... so please pm , e-mail , phone .. ect. amongst your self's to decide who would be best to make a non bias honest review ..

some one with good flying skills and preferably with a heli using x-treme motors and blades and is using micro heli lower and swash with a e-sky upper also using the max servo throw if using a dx-7 tx even better....
So there is the offer.

I would like to do the review, but my cx2 does not have x-treme motors or blades ( blades on order ) or a dx-7 transmiter. I think a better test would be to throw the cyrodrive into as stock a copter as possible ( I see that aluminum heads are the minimum.)
Yes running a test on a stock heli would show the best results of just that system itself. I believe that if someone were to buy a setup then it should be at least compatable with all stock parts and not require specific parts to make their setup run good.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 PM
PYRO513

30 years ago I would have loved your lights while doing a..d. now I'd rather have it look like a heli. Thanks anyhow.
Dale
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 AM
FXR
Banned

Hey pal, I grew up in a house in Des Plaines on Estes street right down the street from Orchard Place elementary school. It is a few miles off of the glide path of Ohare. There is a trailer park a few blocks over where a mid air took place many years ago. The first time I saw a 747 was from underneath while on my swingset.... I crapped my pants at the age of 5. It filled the entire damn sky... omg. Anyway I dont miss the snow at all, you have my deepest sympathies. Nothing like trudging to school in sub zero temperatures with a nice 30 mile an hour wind, pushing you back on the iced sidewalks... yuk. Digging out the front door by climbing out the window was a fun one for my dad back then. It is also fun seeing every damn car dissapear, everything is white one day. I remember the Prudential building, and doing the river locks ride with my school field trip. My grandma took me on the L trains. That was a long time ago.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM
goldslinger

I don't know, maybe Soloboss and Stump3r.

Maybe Bryflyguy would like one, too.

I think J-Michael is too busy right now.

I, myself am fine with what I have set up right now; I can't seem to destroy it (but give Me time ) and I don't like the added height of the Cryodrives.

I only added 5mm to the C.F. outer and 5mm shorter c.f. flybar and no blade clack with good lift authority, and rock solid hovers.
I don't think I would be a good candidate as I like making My own stuff and teaching others how to do the same, including my mini led lighting system, with solids, strobe, and flashing rear led with no wires showing. I'm working on some tutorial videos.

Get Yours while supplies last!

Thanks, anyway.

Gary
Old 01-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Drewed

I just ordered a replacement gear and shaft as I toasted my stock gear ( I think I need a smaller hammer ) Standard shipping time is stated as 1 to 2 weeks! OY! Well hopefully thats just a CYA on Cyro's part and it will get here sooner!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:03 PM
FXR
Banned

I attempted to fly in the front of my house the other night. I usually do have a mishap or two when starting out, but damn that street out in front is hard. My CNC blade grip was totally smashed on one side, broke a landing skid, which I fixed with abs glue. I carefully almost returned that moon shaped cut, back to its original form, so to get my balance back. Amazingly no broken E flight blade, my drive only had to be loosened and have its collars put back where they belong. I will only fly now where there are no streets. That sucked. I recommend a large park with grass.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 AM
CRYOHOBBY
Banned

hello Drewed, hay no don't trip on ship. we will ship in morn.{2-4 days at most} do you need a bearing for that unit ? call or e-mail us i will toss in if u need free ....

diy note: replacement part page update.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:31 AM
CRYOHOBBY
Banned

fxr smashed his m-h grip, the moon cut, smashed flat cripped it if you will. the top grip in to the street and still did not mess up the drive unit or the flybar! ... come on that is good .. and his is well you know i told him to take a pic but i dont think he did .. i will next time it is in the shop... just a matter of time i have c-in him fly lol ....

Old 01-22-2008, 09:06 AM
CRYOHOBBY
Banned

that's funny took me a day or 2 to get the a..d thing lol. lol. I get it now... ok but you do know that spot lights are part of a "real heli"..
also I fly at night all the time and I found that the nav. lights look real nice but when it comes to marching {ie speed runs yanking and banking or the super spins I do} at night I find the nav. lights to be--- well just not enough ... I need to know in the dark at all times front back sides and blade orientation from body like you get in the day time ... but to each his own .... I use to have models that looked great on the shelf and hanging from the ceiling but they did not really work ....

but hay it is all good and fun almost like a r/c firework in the night sky...

Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Drewed

Never mind. Delete this post!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
eat2muchrice

pirellip should get the free stuff. He has the knowledge of parts and setup and it would make up for distroying his last threads.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
mpetrich

I received my Cryodrive and Cryobar tonight. First off, shipping was fast and the parts were well packaged. That's a good thing.........
At first glance, I have to say that the quality of the parts are top notch. The bearings in the Cryodrive are much smoother than the stock CX2 bearings and everything went together quite well.
I also swapped out the e-flite aluminum parts for the ones by Microheli. Those parts are excellent but the darn set screws are the smallest I have ever seen. If you drop one of those, forget about finding it.
I got all the parts installed except for the ball link from the top blade grips (I am using the Xtreme metal blade grips) to the Cryobar. The ball link that comes with the Cryobar has a little bit of a wider screw that connects both halves of the ball link and the ball links that I do that fit onto the Xtreme blade grips will not thread onto the larger screw. I am going through my spare parts box but I can't seem to find anything that will work.....
UGH!!!
That's the update for now.
Matt
Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
CRYOHOBBY
Banned

hello the link on the cryobar is a {hd} link from x-treme use a 1/16" or # 53 drill bit to drill out the stock link end ... this will allow the stock link end to go on with ease ....
Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 PM
pirellip

ORIGINAL: eat2muchrice

pirellip should get the free stuff. He has the knowledge of parts and setup and it would make up for distroying his last threads.
That's what I like to see! (been away for awhile, so haven't been able to check this thread)

So has anyone been chosen yet? Or has this died off without a sample being sent out for testing?

My offer still stands: I'll test it out with stock parts first, then the xtreme upgrades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.