Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

LOOK!!! CX2 How NOT to break blades......

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

LOOK!!! CX2 How NOT to break blades......

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOK!!! CX2 How NOT to break blades......

I have had what can only be described as an epiphany! I figured out how to stop breaking blades on my CX2. Get a pen. I'll wait.

STOP OVERFLYING IT! Apparently, I figgered that if I can shorten the flybar and can make my CX2 go 40mph (don't even post about it BGM....seriously.....it broke the sound barrier the other day, but I digress) that it SHOULD go 40mph. So's I flew it hard for some days. No problem. Stylin' and profilin'. The envy of the neighborhood kids and even the spoucal unit!
Then I get brave and fly it hard in a breeze and !!CLACK!! Rats.

I found that I had to be introspective. Zen like. A little Transindental Meditation later and VOILA!! It dawned on me! Just because you CAN make your bird fly like a falcon after a pigeon doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I am a grown up now. I am pleased you could enjoy my progression of emotional growth with me.

Now please excuse as now I have to go fly my toy heli.

Rikybob
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Big Green Machine

Default RE: LOOK!!! CX2 How NOT to break blades......

You can do a few other things in order to minimise clack as well but the rule at the end of the day is don't overfly the CX. It really isn't meant to be flown that hard. It's like trying to cross hte Atlantic in a canoe. The rule with most of the rest of the helis is don't overfly past your skill level which still also holds true for the CX.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

I agree. I've been flying the BCX so hard that I keep braeking blades. I've also flown it so hard that the top of the extended head shaft flew off the heli and resulted in a blade strike (again). I've been trying to fly this like crazy, but I guess it's just not meant to do that. Among the things that this heli is not designed for IMO are: Autos, rapid decel during a fast (and low forward flight), full throttle backwards take off into a 180 tail spin, and cranking the cyclic in all directions (like in a test flight of a real heli) while in hover. So, to all you BCX flyers out there like me...step back, relax and enjoy a simple flight of your BCX.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Coyote64

What i DID before ( see other thread ) to eliminate clack was quite cheap and very effective

Dynam vortex ( longer ) inner shaft

Dynam vortex flybar ( shorter )

And wehey, servo leg to second hole ( some widening required ) and no blade claps even at very ff flight
Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
rikybob

Yup........I am on a record 5 paks with no damage.........'bout time I grew up!

Rikybob
Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
soloboss

For what it's worth, a year or so ago when I started messing with the flybar in earnest, I bagged a lot of blades. A LOT of blades. Something that I came to realize is that the very short and very lightweight flybar makes the heli very unstable. That is crucial if you want to go fast. A stable coaxial won't go fast. But the more unstable it becomes, the more difficult it is to fly.
Sooo, some fliers tossed my idea aside because they said that the tiny little flybar didn't work. Actually it worked well but it took a single rotor pilot to fly it! And at that time we were all coaxial pilots and were pretty much clueless, so the idea was set aside. But I'm still convinced that the flybar can be minimized to the point where the heli is very nimble and very hard to fly. But those are two ends of the same stick. A single rotor the size and weight of a CX would be hard to fly. Why would we think that a coaxial that is modified to be a performance heli would be easy to fly? (if you want to see nimble, tie the flybar down tight so it can't move - and be ready with a spare set of blades. It will test your ability for sure!!)

I better quit before I take off on another design adventure with the CX.

As you said, slow down, enjoy, learn, then get the next heli in your plan.

Soloboss
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 PM
FXR
Banned

Violent spins, 180 stop manuvers, you name it, everything you talked about i have seen my friend do and the only prob he has is the damn tree he keeps hitting. He also hits the damn phone and power lines from time to time. Dude, he punches that thing and it runs like a damn two stoke monster.