Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Thunder Power Battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Carljw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Power Battery

I just got a Thunder Power 2100mAh battery for my B400. Got the EC3 soldered on and they sold me an adapter ( TP bat to DN adapter )for the balance charger end. I pluged it into the charger and the lights were blinking crazy. Looked at it closer and all the wires on the adapter are backward so the black wire was on the left side pluged in the charger that is the + side.
Did they give me the wrong adapter or will this battery not work at all.
Carl
Old 05-31-2008, 09:12 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: Thunder Power Battery

Does the adapter go into a circuit board or is it just wires and connectors?

Nick
Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Carljw

Nick
The adapter plugs into the balance charger end.
I think I found the problem the white eflight balance end is put on backwards. I have been trying to get the wires out but not been able to do so. How do they pull out been messing around with a needle but no good. It is the standered white plug that plugs into an E-flite charger.
Carl
Cant go to bed till I get this strightened out LOL
Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Do you have a picture or a link of the adapter? I am just having a hard time visualizing this.

Nick
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Carljw

The thunder power battery has a small black 4 wire plug for a balance lead so the adapter plugs into the small black plug and the other end has the white E-flite baance end to plug into my e-flite charger problem is the plug was put on so the wires are all reversed I need to take the wires out of the e-flite balance end turn the end over and plug the wires back in.
When I first pluged it into my charger It went nutzo with blinking lights on closer inspection the black - lead was pluged into the + side of the charger all 4 wires need to be taken out of the plug and changed. I could just cut the wires and solder but I would rather just get them out of the plug and change it that way.
Carl
Still up
Old 05-31-2008, 11:08 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't a hundred percent sure that's what you meant. I was going to recommend cutting the wires, but you said you didn't want to do it. If you keep trying with the needle you will get it eventually.

Nick
Old 05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Carljw

I have been trying for 3 hours I dont think its going to happen. I hate those wire ends last year I changed the fule gauge on my Harley I thought I would go nuts trying to get those wire pins out I got a dart and stuck it some how and it fellout. Darts a little big for this small plug.Ihave tried to push down on the end and pullon the wire stuck pin in every place there is and they wont budge. Think I will give up and take it back to Hoby Town tomorow and let them see if they have a different one or mabey they can change it for me,
Carl
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 PM
evdreamer

Carl,

Sorry to hear you couldn't get that connector out. I hope Hobbytown can help you out, so you can use the battery.

Nick
Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Carljw

Will I got them out after good nights sleep and switched them and its working but now one of the wires will not stay in so I still have to take it back for that. I got it hooked to the B400 charger now and its working.
I was wondering if i could use the B400 charger to charge my CP PRO batterys since it is a better charger and has the ballance lights or is it to strong for the smaller size batterys.
Carl
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM
evdreamer

Carl,

Good to hear you got it to work. Check and see what the output current on the charger is. The CPP batteries can't be charger higher than .8A. And I am pretty sure the B400 charger output is a lot higher than that or the batteries would take 4 hours or more to charger.

Nick