Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

I finished building the Gaui. I just have to set up the head and tail. I ended up bending another MH mixing arm that was brand new and I am betting I also bent the screw that goes through it. That had to be one bad crash. I am planning on maidening it tomorrow.

I have a Desktop and it has a pretty good graphics card back in the day when it was new. It is probably a couple of years old and was ment for gaming and G4.5 still doesn't work on it.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58394.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1107233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91697.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1107234  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
JPEE

Nick..10-4

I can't remember everything he told me before he wrote the email to me but G4.5 does not like Toshiba (mine) and a few others in paticular. I dang near want to tell him to buy a FS-ONE but then whe counld not join us.

The heli looks good.............hope the maiden flight comes off good tomorrow.

I was showing my helis off today here at home and even with the wind blowing took the 401 out my main good flier to the back yard. I spooled her up and hovered 3 feet off the ground in huge wind and then she went squirrly! but I got her down. I checked the belt LOOSE AS A GOOSE. There must be an elf coming in and losing my booms as this is the second time as 402 was loose two flights out ago too. I tighten the screws until I think they will strip out. I am thinking I going ot have to put a clamp on it to hold in place if this keeps up.

JPEE
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Carljw

Jpee
Try puting another servo clamp upaginst the back of the frame infront of the one on there now.
That should hold it tighter.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Jpee
Try puting another servo clamp upaginst the back of the frame infront of the one on there now.

JPEE ~

Carl's explaination is a perfect solution... I did that last year and never had my boom get loose. I used an extra plastic servo clamp and snugged it up tight there (pic below) and it hepls the boom stay locked in place perfect without ever budging... How bout' this... I have 3 screws that go into the boom support that are stripped, and my boom still is locked in. It actually will hold everything itself, as I tested it before and putting massive tension on the belt to see if the boom would slip, but never did...

I've heard on Helifreak that when the aluminum booms get cold they shrink and causes the boom to sometimes jar loose... But I don't know anything about metals so I can't say if that's really true or not... But thought I'd throw that out there for ya... Maybe you already know. If ya do, well.... Then educate us young ones eh ?!

Been busy today.... Oh.... On that plastic servo clamp I used, I snipped off the little extra nub to make it a cleaner appearance...(You know me...LMAO)

~ Jeff

Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
J-MICHAEL

JPEE ~

I forgot.... I've also been using my Aluminum boom lately and saving the CF one for later as I like the bling factor for now of the Aluminum one, but the CF "grips" better than the Aluminum one. My clamp still holds the Aluminum one just fine with no slipping. You may want to scuff up those areas where they might slide in the boom assembly, or acetone that part of the boom just to make sure ther's no stray grease or oil that's assisting the boom to slip... I wouldn't scuff to much off or it could make things worse, as I'am sure ya know since your one of them ol' timers.....LMAO...!

~ Jeff
Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 PM
JPEE

Hey Carl,

I am sitting thinking what shall I use................and there is the answer right in front of me. Mr Carl I salute you!

JPee
Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Nick,

Looking good!

That will be like flying a brand new heli! I never thought about you not being able to mount the motor forward with the TT drive...how did your CG turn out like it is?

Sorry you bent another MH mixer arm, and they are tough too...hope you have an extra screw for it as well...

JPEE,

That is cool on the extra chargers, you will be set!

It's all good on using the stock charger, although, here is what I have found lately...the stock charger will not finish the pack completely...unless there is something wrong with mine...it will finsh before the C505 charging a similar pack, and if I then "top it off" with the C505, it'll take about 70-90 more mA's...so you will be fine, but I would just top them off so to speak, with the C505 after they come off of the stock chargers..

On the G4 subject...the power of the PC or graphics card is only part of the problem, like Nick pointed out, I have a pretty top end computer, and graphics card, and 4.5 still stumbles and messes up, at least last time I tried it...although, I am very temped to try it again, and with the microphone, to see if I can use chat mode at all..

I have done multiplayer with it when I had it installed, but it was full of bugs, and getting booted all the time..

On another sim topic, I did some multiplayer on Phoenix with RCU member "empty space" last night, and we went for a very long time, with no glitches, until his computer froze, but I never got booted, until he logged off...unlike G4, when a the host logs off...it's game over...LITERALLY...LOL!! [>:]

Carl,

Sorry to hear about the radio issue...Horizon is very good about their warranty service. I just got my DX6i back not long ago, and the turn around was just over 2 weeks...[X(]

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 PM
rotarydoc

On the G4 again...

I was thinking/wondering if someone with G4.5 installed, could do mulitplayer with people that had G4.0? [sm=confused.gif]

LOL, we could probably figure alot of this stuff out by going to knifedge's website and look at the forums...[sm=omg_smile.gif]

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: Carljw

Jpee

JPEE ~

Carl's explaination is a perfect solution... I did that last year and never had my boom get loose. I used an extra plastic servo clamp and snugged it up tight there (pic below) and it hepls the boom stay locked in place perfect without ever budging... How bout' this... I have 3 screws that go into the boom support that are stripped, and my boom still is locked in. It actually will hold everything itself, as I tested it before and putting massive tension on the belt to see if the boom would slip, but never did...

I've heard on Helifreak that when the aluminum booms get cold they shrink and causes the boom to sometimes jar loose... But I don't know anything about metals so I can't say if that's really true or not... But thought I'd throw that out there for ya... Maybe you already know. If ya do, well.... Then educate us young ones eh ?!

Been busy today.... Oh.... On that plastic servo clamp I used, I snipped off the little extra nub to make it a cleaner appearance...(You know me...LMAO)

~ Jeff

Ah yes Squire Jeff. Your ideas of possible oil in the tail case are real. But I really think the problem is the temperature on the aluminum boom. When you install it here in the house at 74 degrees and then go outside 30's to 60's that has to have recourse.

The truth now. Jeff I dont know if your old enough to have ever lived this story, CARL you'll know. When we would have to change the flywheel bushing in our car flywheel (stick transmissions) we would use a puller to extract the old brass bushing out. But the new one could not be hammered back in to save your life as it was few thousandths over. So...............we'd freeze them over night, then the next morning hit the flywheel center with a torch for a minute or so which makes metal expland and then set the frozen brass bushing in place which had shrunk due to it being frozen and then with blow from the hammer she pop in! So I hear you on the metal explanding and shrinking.

JPEE
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 PM
JPEE

Hey Glenn,

The other night I was on a multiplayer G4 fly. Guys started droppin off one at a time as they do. Then out of NOWHERE a text flag pops from G4 and says in short........you are the last player so you have taken over the Host Position! So there I was now hosting without asking. I stayed on for a while but no one came on you shut it down. I had forgotten to mention until you just jogged my memory right now.

JPee
Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Thanks for the info on the stock chargers. I can only agree with you that overall they cannot come close you our C505's or my Thunder Power. I cannot even imagine using them to be truthfull, I was just ah saying as kind of a laughing point so to speak. When in world would I need to charge 6 packs all at once LMAO. With the way I crash lately I'll run out of helis before the 6 charges could top off the packs!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I was just scoping out the knifedge forums, and there was an entry just a couple of hours ago, stating that knifedge is very much aware of all the muliplayer issues, and has developed a better "debugging" program to try to track down what's going wrong, people getting booted, etc.

So, they ARE working on it, quite literally as we speak...so maybe in time, it will get alot better....we'll see.

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 11:03 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

I wonder if he got G4.5 if he could go to the updates and install G4 at the first pop up screen. FSOne helicopters don't fly very realistic like G4 does, but the airplanes do. Maybe he would be better of with the Phoenix sim like Glenn uses.

I used the expanding metal to my advantage when I was changing out bearings in my 450. I would heat up the bearing block and it would make it a lot easier removing and installing new bearings.

Glenn,

It is a little more tail heavy than the V1. I think the Lhor mount helped out a lot, but I can't use it on the V2 frame. It sticks out too far and the canopy won't fit with the mount attached, so I had to put the gyro on the bottom of the frame. A 3S would balance it out great. LOL The frame seemed to have loctite on all the screws, some a lot more than others.

I still have one MH mixing arm that is good left. So I will probably put that on.

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Yes you have metal experise too..great! He just called and got my G4 downloaded in his laptop and loves it. Like I said, if he buys the G4.5 (it is now one disk he said?) then they will send him a FREE 4 disk set like we have for the G-4 and he can the 4.5 for another computer later.

JPee
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Cool to hear your friend got G4 downloaded and likes it. I just finished the 450 off and I am going to solder on some deans connectors I got today to my power meter and will probably test it out later.

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

I see that he got it worked out, and Nick had a good suggetion on Phoenix, as it is much less power hungry than G4 is, by quite a bit...but as you pointed out, then he would not be able to fly multiplayer with ya...[]

Nick,

Cool, I didn't realize that the V2 frame came assembled...pretty interesting...if you don't mind, how much did it set ya back? [sm=cry_smile.gif]

I don't think I'm ready to upgrade yet, but it would be good to keep in mind...

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Are you speaking to the type of power meter that shows how much battery is left? or a power meter to show you a history of what happend during your flight?

JPee
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
rotarydoc

On a side note, you mentioned that G4.5 is on one disk...so is Phoenix..

I was quite surprised when I opened the package for Phoenix and found ONE DISK...LOL! [sm=omg_smile.gif]

But, it works quite well...

Glenn
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 PM
JPEE

Glenn,

Yea I hear ya. I am just going to be bringing my friend along into this hobby so I would like to have everything kind of the same so thats why I prefer the G4 and so we can fly together and.............. that way I can help him faster if it is something I know. Today he got his RC Universe log in name so he will be joining and doing the Choppersrule thing (snooping) until he feels comfee to join in. You have to remember he has only had his MCX for a week, so he is a green as an apple. But I can't wait to help mentor him along in to this fun hobby, it is a win win for me to have a close freind in the hobby.

JPee
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Sounds good, we can always use another member on the forum...we gotta catch up to the "Wheee CP" thread too ya know...LOL!

LOL, we got a ways to go there...

I'm sure you will point him in the right direction, and he'll be as addicted as we all are soon...[X(]

Glenn
Old 01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Helidirect is the only place I have seen that has the complete frame. http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=9924 It is $80. Then I spent $10 for the main gear and $3.50 for the skid supports. Then I just took everything else off of the V1 and put it on the V2. Then that doesn't cover the cost of the V2 tail I had before.

JPEE,

I just finished the meter up, so once I get it working on the heli I will take some pics of it working.

Cool to hear you are mentoring your friend. None of us would have been flying helis if someone didn't mentor us.

Nick
Old 01-10-2009, 12:36 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, I was just looking at that on Helidirect....not a bad upgrade...prob would end up costing $100 or so...

Then you have to weigh that against buying the whole thing, for $229, and you get a bunch of extra parts too...

Maybe when the weather gets better...[]

It's supposed to get COLD here next week, the coldest weather we have had so far...some cold air coming down from Alaska or something..lol..BRRRRR.[X(]

Glenn
Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I just did my first test with the 450 and the meter. At 12KHz timing, on a 10T pinion, at 0 degrees of pitch I got 9.5A at 110W. Now I am going to mess with the timing and see what happens. I probably am not getting the true results since I am not flying it, but least I have an idea.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76973.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1107386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41737.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1107387  
Old 01-10-2009, 01:01 AM
evdreamer

I just redid my test on 12KHz at -11 degrees of pitch I got 30A and 300W. I can't wait to test this on the Gaui and 600.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

That is a pretty cool meter, and I'm sure you could learn alot from it...too bad you can't take measurements during flights with it...that would be pretty cool to see...

But, even like it is, there is still alot to be learned regarding gearing, pitch, different motors, timing, etc...

Neat stuff!

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.