Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

JPEE,

I have been in the same boat with spending that much for heli stuff.

Have fun with the new charger.

Nick

Old 06-09-2010, 08:47 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I think between the SDX and the 9503....I got ya both beat in the last month or so...maybe 5 weeks? Lost track...

The SDX wasn't bad...it's when I decided to go new with everything that started to add up....

I don't even keep track anymore....

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I got the 450 Pro all setup.

The gyro is pretty simple and easy to setup, I just forgot the button presses and what not to get it in various modes...

It and the B400 should be all good to go.

I got the SDX started, mounted the servo, and then realized I forgot to glue little shrink wrap protectors for the delicate antennae wires, so that is drying...

The Outrage 5000 is a perfect fit on the battery tray, like it was made for it...and I like the multiple connectors. I am charging through the black RX type connector, but I use the JST one...so I won't wear out the JST connector and make it a loose fit.

Now I just have to plug everything in after the RTV dries, and set the throttle servo up again.

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Good to hear your 450 and B400 are flight ready again.

Will you be able to fly the SDX with the new stuff sometime soon?

Nick
Old 06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I should be able to fly on Saturday, looks like it's going to be about 85, but no rain in the forecast...Sunday looks kinda brutal, says 93...[X(]

I may test it out at a local school field before I take it all the way up to MHA...just to be sure.

Smoke up some baseball field! It's still breaking in, so it's on the rich/smoky side...

I want to test the B400 and 450 Pro tomorrow after work, see how they are doing...

You doing any flying soon?

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I might fly on Friday.

I want to work on my power panel some more, since I have more free time. If I remember right I was pretty close to getting another prototype out.

Nick
Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Hope you get to fly on Friday.

I try to fly most weeknights, if I can find an open field...if not I can go to the plane field and hover around...

Sounds cool on the power panel...keep us updated for sure...

I didn't get any video of Justin Chi (Jee?) at MHA...but somebody else did....check this vid when you get off work...it's absolutely amazing...[X(]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io0vHOs1DEo&NR=1

I can't imagine when he's about 14-15 or so...if he's this good now...

Glenn
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Here's Justin at last year's MHA "Smackdown" in the corn field...I think he did better than this year....pretty cool stuff...fun to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmwWNwJSx4&NR=1

Glenn
Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Was that a .50 or a .90 scale helicopter doing 3D?

Nick
Old 06-10-2010, 07:12 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Honesly, I'm not sure...it's kinda hard to tell...I didn't get a good look at it in the Hirobo pit area...but it sure looks strange doing 3D, doesn't it?

Everyone there got a kick out of the whole show...I wish I had had enough memory to video the whole thing, they all 3 take off at once, and there were some close calls...

Glenn
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 AM
JPEE

Nick, I hope you get to fly on Friday. With your busy work schedule and work too it is amazing you have qanytime at all to even sleep.

Glenn, that little Justin is amazing for sure. I have never heard of corn field flying and the cutting of corn, pretty gutsy forsure. Glenn I hope you get a chance to fly the 450-a dn 400 and your problems are over with that 400.

For me it was nice to fly yesterday too. I took a marine battery and charged my one 5000 for the 600 in field and I did it at 2C which you can do with HK packs, some are 3 C too. Anyways that thing charged back in like 20+ min it was great. I cant wait for the new charger and...........my new packs to arricve where with three of them I can fly one and set it off to cool and then fly yhe second one and then shortly plug both in and in 20+ or so have two packs ready to go. Today I will adding the ends on the charger to battery wires and perhaps do at least the tear down of the 500. I have to prepare for a Sat yard sale on Friday so no flying for those two day. But Sunday I might be able to sneak in some flying.

You know as you and I discussed a few weeks ago Glenn, Nick, you and I are the last of the this thread of the old timers. In a sense and for the more part its us three. Of course I love to hear from Mark, and Jreue and from time to Ivan and other I might have forgotten their names. I think something has to be said for us three to stick with it.

JPEE
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,
And so it starts this morning!

JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zx70394.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	1451137   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa86220.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1451138   Click image for larger version

Name:	ty65158.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	1451139   Click image for larger version

Name:	xr46966.jpg
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	1451140   Click image for larger version

Name:	qb36268.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	1451141   Click image for larger version

Name:	iz37870.jpg
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1451142   Click image for larger version

Name:	pr26663.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	1451143  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

That is cool you enjoyed flying yesterday too.

Good luck at the yard sale.

That kind of looks like Finless's crash with his Velocity.

Nick
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

That looks like quite a project there, hope ya get alot accomplished today on it, and get back on the old horse again...

I hope to test fly the B400 and 450 Pro later on, but it's quite windy right now, hoping it'll die down some towards sunset.

Nick,

I didn't know Finless had a Velocity, or had crashed it...how does he like his?

Glenn
Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Finless was doing build videos on the Velocity and he crashed the Velocity on the first flight tail first. He has a video of the after math, but not one of him crashing. He seems impressed by it.

Nick
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM
JPEE

Hey Boys,

Well I am pooped. I got the 500 tore down and a lot of work done. I had to pull the entire TT assy from the heli to work it over. I got the new head gears in the frame section and got it reinstalled. It looks like the 9257 servo is not bad but it will give it one more look, but under power there was not a skip or jump when I did the bench test. I got the boom in and re drilled for my pinning at the heli side. Then I got the new tail box and drilled that pinning point but then tore it down to take it apart to grease all of it bearings.
Next time I get to this rebuild I will install the TT and lock it on the boom. Then the blade grips on the head, main blades, tail blades and I will be right close to done. I already replaced the main gear and main shaft. Oh beans anyway, in wirting this I now realized I forgot to replace the main shaft top bearing and with a check right now, it shot. Glad I have those on inventory. There is no rush so I dont want any mistakes thats why I am calling it for today.
I am saving the tail box as there are some good parts, just not much of them lol.
JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bz77146.jpg
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1451233   Click image for larger version

Name:	yt62642.jpg
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1451234   Click image for larger version

Name:	gm22067.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1451235  
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

Good to hear your 500 is close to being flyable again.

Nick
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Well, I made some progress today...took both the B400 and the 450 Pro to the plane field, it was my last resort...

Just had to make some minor trim adjustments to both, and got them both flying well on the new radio. I love the auto start timer...

JPEE,

Looks like you made alot of progress...time for a break! As you said, no rush...so go relax!

Like you, I kinda miss the DX6i beeping on the minute...but I think I can get over it OK...this radio beeps 3 times at 30 sec, 2 beeps at 20...then a slow, fading beep as the timer is in the last few seconds...then the loud beeping at the end...so there is plenty of warning...

Nick,

I watched the vid of Finless's crash with the Velocity, or the aftermath...looks like it held up pretty well considering the brutal nature of the crash...and it does resemble JPEE's crash, tail in...[X(]

OK guys, I'm not sure if this is like the DX 7 or not...but I'm stuck here...

If I go from the main screen, to make an adjustment in the FUNC menu, like expo or something, a big list of stuff comes up...I can make any adjustments I need to on this screen except the "high level" stuff like model name, copy, reset, etc, which is another screen alltogether...

Anyways, once I'm in FUNC screen (function)...I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to the main screen with the timer, trims, and all the normal flying mode stuff....there is no LIST option, or EXIT or any way back that I can find?

Maybe this is different than the DX7...not sure...but it sure has me stumped...

Any ideas without seeing the radio?

Also, does the DX7 have a timer called Integ. ?

Glenn
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good your helis are flying good with your 9503.

The DX7 is kind of like the 9503. To get into the menu that selects the models on the DX7 two buttons have to be held down before the transmitter is turned on. Then to get to the menu that all the adjustments can be made those buttons have to be up when the transmitter is turned on. As far as I know there isn't a way to go between the two menus when the transmitter is on.

The DX7 doesn't have that timer. It just has a count down and up timer.

Nick
Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Thanks for the info....it may very well be that you can't go back to the main menu once you've gone into the function menu...I sure can't find a way...seems kinda weird, like if you wanted to make a quick expo adjustment or something in a test flight...

I'll research it more...I posted on HF...I'll see what those guys say.

I've almost got the SDX all setup now with the 9503, and new throttle servo.

The DS 620 on the throttle is fast...practically instant response from idle to WOT...

All I have left is throttle and pitch curves, and check the total pitch travel.

Those alignement pins and holes sure make setup nice..

Hope you can fly later today...

Glenn
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 AM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Charles at MHA offered me a great deal on a GY611 and gyro last weekend, for $125...[X(]

It's tempting, for sure, but I think I may wait. He's selling them (he had 2) because he's all V-bar on his Synergy's now...

I really want a case for my 9503 first.

I'll see if he still has it, it's almost too good to pass on...

Glenn
Old 06-11-2010, 11:40 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is cool your SDX is almost done.

I probably won't fly today. It is going to be hot and with the humidity it is supposed to feel close to triple digits. There is also a chance for rain.

That is a good price for a 611. I also have 2 JR G770's and receivers from my conversion to V-bar.

Nick
Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM
jroo

This happened last week and I've been meaning to tell you guys. So I was in my LHS about a month ago and one of the employees that I usually chat with asked me what I thought about the Align wooden blades. He showed me a pair, along with some other B400 parts, that were saved for a guy to come get. He said that this particular guy was looking for someone to help him out and ask questions about heli's. I left my email and said I'd be more than happy to assist as far as I could.

Few weeks later I get an email from the guys stating he would like some advice on his 'next heli'.

I gave him a call and he is in Mexico on vacation. He proceeds to tell me a story how he found a deal on craigslist for a Hirobo 50. He fly's down (yea he has his own Jet) to meet the guy selling the heli. He then proceeds to tell me about this guys fleet of helis and planes. Rather than just buying the Hirobo, he buys EVERYTHING from the guy. We are talking the Hirobo, some 90 size heli, an Align 450, Align 250, 2 planes, a 12 channel transmitter and a zillion other things.

He said the deal was too good to be true, so he bought it all. Insane; from a Blade 400 to like 5 more high end helis and planes. That is an upgrade for sure.

He said he would send some pics.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi everyone, sorry for the MIA status!!

Well, we got everything moved down and have been in Orlando for several weeks now.

Have been bouncing back and forth between SC and FL to take care of the house in Charleston to finish up getting it ready for renting - we really did kinda pick up and run!

Our situation in Fl: we really haven't made much progress in unpacking things at this time. Our stuff is mixed between storage and boxes all around the house. My job will be starting Tuesday at the hospital and Nick, it is second shift. I have to say I have missed working and have gotten a slight case of cabin fever over the past few weeks!

Missed talking and keeping up with you guys the past few weeks - hope everyone is doing good and having fun flying. Will have to do some catch up on all the pages since last month but that will be for a later date - much still to do to be playing on the computer right now...[] And nope, no flying since getting down here.

Have to run now but will be making progress into getting everything settled back to some normalcy in the coming weeks.

Mark
Old 06-11-2010, 06:47 PM
evdreamer

Jreue,

That sounds like an interesting person.

Mark,

Welcome back. Hope you have time to fly sometime soon.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.