Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:52 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

Happy Birthday my friend!
🎉🎂🎉

Nick, that's a great looking bike. I hope you did get a chance to ride by the old fly field to get some miles on her. Ride safe and have fun! 🏍
Old 08-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks for the B-day wishes guys! I had a nice day and got a sweet ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, so win-win!

Nick,
Your bike is very nice looking and I bet your having a great time riding. Have you found any nice scenic roads to ride yet?

JPEE,
It sounds like your getting your fleet ready for AZ - hope you got the 500 parts by now and that bird flying again. Sorry to hear about the P51 sun glare landing mishap but at least the foam is rather easy to repair.

I reached a monumental moment this week - my last cc was paid off. Its crazy to think that just one year ago all my cards were near maxed out and now they are zilch. That was my main goal after being pre-approved for the mortgage - to get them taken care of and get my fico score out of the 500's.

It has been grueling though. Not buying anything - and month after month having just minimal money so I can put big chunks to the cards. Started to stay away from any hobby related sites just so not to be tempted. But in the end the house is what its all about, and this is where we're at now...
(its the concrete slab and not the house in the background, lol)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Slab.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	2227859  

Last edited by Aframomum; 08-13-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: added text
Old 08-14-2017, 07:51 AM
JPEE

removed

Last edited by JPEE; 08-14-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:56 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I don't know what to say to you except I am proud of you on how you took notice of an issue and took charge of it and got yourself on track! I remember vividly when my first wife and I got CC. When we got married we were both were cash and carried people. My Dad took me aside and said I needed to charge something on credit to start building my credit line. I said NO way! He pointed out that our way of paying cash would hurt us when trying to buy a house down the line, then the light went on. We were scare to death and bought a washer and dryer on time. Then we got cc and put on in the trunk of each car for emergency's and some gas time to time. Even today, age 69 have we have ever in our lives ever paid a dime in interest on a card! Go back again we also found we needed a cc to travel. I remember well going to a hotel in Utah and the desk manager said he needed a cc for a deposit on the room, said I don't have one, I am cash and carry! The short of it is...... I had to leave a $500 cash deposit for possible room damage protection which was refunded in the morning. Again you and your Mrs. should be proud of yourselves.......

The house lot and surrounding areas look beautiful too, a great place for BBQs and your sons outside play time.

John 👍
Old 08-14-2017, 06:57 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good to hear you enjoyed your birthday and payed off your CCs.

That is cool to see the house is coming along.

I am having a blast on my motorcycle. I don't enjoy sitting in traffic when it is hot out or being behind a vehicle with bad emissions. I love leaning into turns and engine braking. I always had automatic cars, so I didn't know about it. I wish they taught it in my beginner motorcycle class. It sure makes braking faster easier. It is a pretty forgiving motorcycle. I still need to get better at shifting into second and third gear. It is a little jerky still. Higher gears shift like butter though. I put a little over 200 miles on it so far. I am not lucky enough to have scenic roads like you and John have on the east and west coast. It is a lot of flat empty land around here. I have been exploring spots around town that I have never been to before. I went to a couple of lakes that are near by on Saturday. I have no idea what people do for a living to afford some of the lake homes. Then I went to a sunken garden that is a big tourist spot for Lincoln. That was pretty cool.

John,

I did go by my field a couple of weekends ago. No one was out flying when I did it though. Now that I am comfortable with the bike it is easier to look out for bad drivers.

Nick

Last edited by evdreamer; 08-14-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick, I am so glad to hear you're having fun on your Honda. The upshifting for acceleration and the downshifting to assistant slowing down and breaking as well around curves will come as well. I'm sorry that I didn't mention to you earlier a little warning and that is...... if that's a brand new motorcycle generally you have to break in the tires and I forgot what the mileage but it's like the first 50-100 miles something like that. The silicone that's on the tires when they come out from the factory mold you can barely feel on the new rubber but they're a little slippery. So they tell you to take it easy on curves and gradually work your way into them and scuff up the tire so it's not shiny like it comes off the showroom floor. Just check out your tires and see how they look when your fingers on the side walls and on the tread. You do not want to lean into a corner and have a rear or front tire wash out on you.
Yes Nick you're going to discover all kinds of places you never saw before in an automobile that will come up and be right there on that motorcycle. You never have to worry about parking or fitting in somewhere. To be honest, I'd likin a motorcycleto a helicopter that we fly. Do you have total control right in your hands and you become a part of it and are one with the machine.

Have fun out there and take care!👍
Old 08-26-2017, 10:59 AM
evdreamer

John,

Thanks for the reminder about the tires. They are a dull black color across the whole tire. I accidentally dumped the clutch and had the front tire start to pick up. That was an interesting experience. I went on the interstate with my motorcycle for the first time today. It was nice having plenty of power to merge. It is always sketchy doing it with my small car. I saw some cool classic mustangs and Mopars. I went by my college and the campus and roads have changed a lot since I graduated. Then I saw tire shred off a pickup. He kept driving on it until it got to the rim. I should get a GoPro and capture some of the things I have seen.

Nick
Old 08-27-2017, 03:48 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

Your tire sound like there safely broken in good deal. So that new Hondas getting a little light in the front end hey? That's a powerful machine there you have young man and I'll share the words of my dad told me, just when you think you've got that motorcycle mastered and take it for granted it'll come up in slap you in the face and put you down on the ground. So write it safely and respected for what it is, about 600 pounds of Satan that you're holding onto. Kept in his place he'll you give you a good ride with many good times and adventures!

I've been telling you guys about the DVR dash cam I put in my truck and it really works well for the protection you are mentioning. A go Pro is always great and it's easy to pop on on your helmet, but my friend that's $400 investment. There are other avenues you can take and get away a lot cheaper and I've given you a link down below so look at over. I know all the other guys even here I still see them on the go Pro on the rocket bikes at the hefty investment unless you have other uses for it. There's nothing like turning that throttle when you're getting on a freeway and you've got to be able to move quickly if you need to until you transition into your lane. When you talk about that tire shred off that pickup truck out here in California the big retreads it come off the semi trailers we call those freeway gators or simply alligators. I guess they got their name that when that black tread is lying on the ground and little wider in the front stripped down to a tail is a comes off it's does look a lot like a alligator. And whether be a real alligator or that big giant tire it is something to be respected as you're traveling on the roads.

I finally finished and got the bugs out of my crashed 500 from last year and ran two packs through her in the backyard hovering in doing some pitch pumps over my house and she safely on the shelf today ready for when I leave. The replacement parts for my P 51 just arrived yesterday so I'm ready to get on that for my next RC project.

Okay kiddo take care right safe please keep sharing your adventures.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...Motorcycle+DVR
Old 08-31-2017, 08:57 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick,

I see you are having a great time with your new bike. I bet its a totally different perspective from being in the confines of a car. I think a gopro or something similar would be a great investment - too many inconsiderate drivers out there and video testimony has been proven time and time again to help in case the law is involved. Have fun but be careful out there. Are you still doing any flying?

JPEE,

Getting ready for the annual trip! Glad that your P51 parts arrived and you have the 500 up and going again. I know Nick is lucky to have your years of experience with riding to pass to him tips and suggestions.

Our house has been moving along at a good pace now. The blocks were laid a few weeks ago, framing was done last week, and electrical, plumbing, and AC were put in this week along with windows. I have been spending a lot of time taking videos and inspecting the work. So far no major issues and I'm happy with the jobs the guys are doing - they are moving quick!

Mark

Name:	20170816_084115.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2230034   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170818_090506.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2230035   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170826_101714.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	674.0 KB
ID:	2230036  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:22 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,Thank you for your kind words about me passing on life's experience to Nick on his new adventure with this motorcycle.

Thanks Mark for sharing this special moment in your life and letting us take part in watching your new home be a erected! that the men are doing quality work and you get to see itthat should put your mind to rest. your new home is really coming along nicely. I like the idea that it is built out of block as that will make you bulletproof in extreme inclement weather. What I don't see in your photographs is the terrain around you and are there other homes in your proximity? I'm pleased to hear that you're satisfied with the crew and the quality of their work, that should put your mind to rest for the long-haul knowing your house was built properly.

My T Rex 500 is done and on the shelf and ready to go for a ride. Unfortunately I've been busy with other projects to get to the P 51 as of today. We have had all of our trees trimmed between our neighbor and yes, I build a new gate for the side yard in the front of the house, and now the clincher every day for almost 2 weeks it's been an excessive 100° today was 114° I just can't seem to get going outside in that tiny extreme heat. The earth is really changing, we've never had this kind of heat month after month in my past life time. I trim back some big brush and shrubs we have in the backyard and filled up the city container early and was done by 11 PM. After that I never went outside the door again.
Take care and congratulations again my friend. JP
Old 09-02-2017, 06:02 AM
evdreamer

John,

I was surprised the GoPros were so expensive. I was thinking they were in the $200 range. I saw some cheaper motorcycle dash cams that hook up to the electrical system with a DVR that goes in the back seat. Thanks for the link, those are prices more in my range.

That is good to hear your 500 is fixed.

Sorry to hear that is has been so hot in your area.

Mark,

I have been watching a lot of close calls with motorcycles on Youtube. Some sort of camera would be helpful with catching the license plate and the incident. So far, people have been driving safe around me, except for a couple of impatient drivers that were driving aggressive around me.

I haven't been in the mood to fly since I graduated. Lincoln is pretty much a no fly zone after a law was passed a few years ago. Weekdays were the best time to fly a helicopter at my old flying field. I wouldn't have much time after I eat supper after work. The guys were pretty nice about letting me flying over their large flying area, but I don't want to hog that on the weekends when it is busy. I might fly again when I get older.

I like your arch over the front entrance to your house.

Nick
Old 09-02-2017, 05:56 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Nick, like flying a heli being on a bike is the same, you have to ride "ahead" of why your around you so your reaction will be fast. When your flying you looking wa ahead of where you are to hang on to that heli. A bike is the same! You can't wait for somebody to cut you off or a piece of debris to be on the road and then say DUH What am I gonna do now? And motor school the advanced, they taught us to be sweeping our eyes left and right at all times never focus on the road directly in front of you constantly be scanning.
nothings wrong with postponing you're flying am leaving the parts of your life now that are new and fresh. You're in your 20s and you've got a lifetime to fly helicopters planes etc. I'm the one that's in the rush! Father time is sneaking up on me and robbing me of my reaction time and my eyes aren't what they used to be, but I can still give them hell any day of the week! He he he. I have a friend that hasn't flown in a couple years a little older than I and he has a T Rex 500 ESP and a T Rex 450 pro both with torque tubes but they are also fly barred. He's just given it up in there collecting dust neither one has ever been crushed either. I don't know that I would pick it up I've already got one of each already if I build anything new I've got a deal in the works for another 700 because my 700s in that MD 500 skin.
OK you take care and try having a lot of fun🏍
Old 09-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Aframomum

Guys,
We are getting ready for one heck of a storm approaching - Cat.5 Hurricane Irma. Its still too far out for the prediction models to give an accurate track but just by the size of it, almost all of Florida will be affected. I stopped by Wallywart this morning to pick up batteries, water (they were out), bread and some other things and the place was very busy. Also got gas for both cars - lines were already forming at the station. Tomorrow morning were going to pick up plywood to do the windows. This weekend were going to freeze any containers of water we have, fill up the bathtub with water, and put in the garage anything outside that is loose. Then we wait and see where this storm decides to go.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:15 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,
By now hopefully you saw the email I sent yesterday or day before with our concern and prayers for you and your family. I cannot even comprehend what it's like to have to prepare for disaster and have that anxiety until it comes hits and is gone. The advantage of our earthquakes in California is.........that they hit without notice and then you live with the stress afterwards LOL of what's left.

Please take care and good luck my friend.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

I got your email and thank you for your thoughts. We have been busy preparing. Got sandbags on the back sliding door (had slight leaks during past storms) but had to forego the plywood on the windows - every place was out. Long lines at the gas stations and just this afternoon most of the nearby stations were out of unleaded fuel, only diesel left. Grocery stores had many empty isles - bread, toilet paper, paper towels, foam and paper plates, water - all gone. We have started to get outer bands so the clouds have begun to move in.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 PM
JPEE

Mark, I can't think of anything else to say but..... God bless you and your family and may you come through this hurricane safely.

J
Old 09-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Aframomum

Today is the day it starts...

It's 5:45am right now and I'm at work - our hurricane team is activated at 7am and I'll be heading home to make sure I didn't miss anything. We spent yesterday moving everything into the garage - its pretty packed tightly. There's really nothing more to do except wait it out. I did see the storm has slowed down - doing around 6mph instead of the 16mph it was doing yesterday, and it regained its intensity back to a Category 4. Its expected to be near Tampa early Monday morning with its slowed track. I feel we have done all we can to get ready for this. Staying safe!

Mark
Old 09-10-2017, 07:12 AM
JPEE

Mark, it sounds like you have done everything that you can possibly do considering your situation. I agree that was a very smart move to put everything in the garage and hopefully you've put it up against the garage door so it doesn't buckle. Are you on a mandatory work schedule at the hospital?
God Bless, we are praying for your safety.

John
Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Aframomum

Its been a long nite so far. Right now its 12:45am and the storm took a different track -:the eye is due to pass over us around 1:00. The winds have been gusting really good since it got dark. I already went out twice this evening to remove downed tree branches from near the house - got drenched and had to hide on the side of the house during high wind gusts. About an hour ago we put up some extra drywall boards I had in the garage to cover up the windows in the back of the house - the inside section. Nailed some 1x4's to secure the boards in the window frame. Going to head out when the eye gets here to see how things are holding up. I will have to call in the morning to see if I have to work Monday nite. Sitting safely watching this storm pass over us...

​​​​​​​Mark
Old 09-10-2017, 09:32 PM
JPEE

Mark, you have no idea how tickled I am to read this right now. I know it's not over yet but my wife's been asking about you guys as well. We watch the news and see what's going on and she just can't fathom that you're really there living it. Thank you so much for the updates. When the guy comes over and the weathers not so severe and you go outside inspect the house just be careful. Be prepared for the worst as you walk around. I hope your wife and son are not too afraid through this ordeal.
j
Old 09-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

We have about an hour left before the core passes by us. It seems the backside of the storm is much weaker than the front so we are hoping for calmer conditions - may even get some sleep which would be nice. We took out the air mattress and put it in the living room for all of us to rest on while we watch the news and see outside the backyard. My son fell asleep around 1. Wind gusts have been reported in our area at 77.I dont think I'm going outside until this passes.

​​​​​​​Mark
Old 09-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Aframomum

Guys...its over and we're fine!! That was some storm. Already was outside to see the aftermath - a lot of branches and shingles scattered all about. Neighbors tree went over. Luckily, had electricity throughout the entire night.

​​​​​​​Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 09-12-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:34 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark, by now I'm hoping the worst is gone by and you're just dealing with the tail end. I can't imagine being outside the house and having building against the wall so as not to be blown away or hit by flying debris. We're watching the news right now at 7 AM and we see you it's been downgraded to a tropical storm. I know that's not a free pass but at least it's better news than having it at a cat 5 or 4. In a sense I hope that they will be just enough flooding that they will tell you to stay home from work so you can continue to spend time with your family. That said I know in your field the hospital probably needs your skills.

As crazy as this sounds this will be an event that you your wife and probably young son will remember for the rest of their lives and are able to say I was there and survived.
Did you get any water intrusion to the house? And we are still talking about the rental house correct that you're staying in?Your kids take care and we're watching over you closely from California ��

UPDATE---------------- just saw you post above this

Its about 8:00 pm. there, are you home or did you have to go to work. Beyond the flooding that may be around you, is the worst over? Did your home sustain any notable damage?

J

Last edited by JPEE; 09-11-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:13 AM
Aframomum

Wanted to share some pictures of the storm and aftermath. We parked our cars close to the house so to help protect them from the winds. Helped as I didn't notice any damage to them. Yes, this is the rental. No real water damage but some water leaked in from previous problem areas and we were ready with towels.

Also got the chance to drive by our new house yesterday before work and it is just fine. Shrugged it off like it was nothing - not even a single shingle missing. Looks like our closing date will stay on schedule!

Mark

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	610.9 KB
ID:	2231560   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	597.7 KB
ID:	2231561   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2231562   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	2231563   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2231564  

Last edited by Aframomum; 09-12-2017 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:13 AM
JPEE

Good morning Mark,Well I must say that is quite a miracle that you had no losses at all. Your photographs are spectacular and as I view them I see that you are at elevation which would've kept you away from the flooding, thank goodness. That your lot is for the most point devoid of any trees was another plus for you. The fallen tree in your photo is a pretty good size one.……… That is the best news all most of all that the new house was untouched. With those cinderblock walls you will be in a fortress for future events and can find safety. Please help me to remember what your expected closing date is on your new home.I am totally done with my plane hangers and as simple as it sounds making hangers out of PVC pipe there was a little thought but had to go into these. Each one was made for plane as to where it had to hang. Also the last batch of pipe I bought was a little fat and would not just slip into the elbows for bluing. I tried sending and then slipping them for the most part to no avail. I found that by taking a hacksaw and cutting the end of the pipe like a piece of pie and a half for 1 inch allowed the fittings to slip on and glue up nicely.

Take care we are almost as glad that it is over as you are. It's pretty intense to know people that are in that catastrophe and not worry about them.

JP

Name:	IMG_9962.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	2231600   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9964.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	2231601   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9966.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2231602  

Last edited by JPEE; 09-12-2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.