Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

Didn't realize you had to go twice for the shoulder procedure but at least the surgery part is behind you now. You must have been in quite a bit of pain for them to do so much clean up on the joint, I'm sure when its over you'll be feeling much better when using that arm. Really sorry to hear about the intubation - did you find out if they used a pedi tube or an adult one? At least you had a few days of yummy pudding and apple sauce.

How was your first day of PT?

No flying for me yet although I was tempted as we have a cool front move in and the temps have been dropping to the 80's so that is real nice. I did pull out my 4S lipo's to cycle them and was surprised when I found they have been holding their 3.8v storage charge. These are those Zippy Compacts that HK sells and so far I have been impressed with their performance in my planes. I even have some of the 3S ones for my jets and they continue to perform, well last time I flew they did.

Mark
Old 09-13-2015, 03:00 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark & Nick

Thanks for your kind wishes. No I did not find which tube was used but when I see the surgeon this coming Thursday it will come up, believe me. It took 8 days to shake the throat off. PT was last week and was a piece of cake, kinda lol. She measured me and said I was that day within 5 degrees of my left good arm. She was a but surprised. I told I have been doing daily from a sheet they gave me when I left the Hospital. She again was a bit taken, she said not many doctors do that but was the answer as to why I was in good shape. I have been the Therapist's 15 excersies and gaining even more motion. I will go in once a week for PT for a total of 4 weeks. The real secret is "icing" twice to three times a day. OBTW this is my third shoulder surgery, once left and now twice right. I talked with a friend today in Ohio and her neighbor is going in for her 4th shoulder surgery ALL ON THE SAME SHOULDER mind you. I'd be looking into that were I her???

That's great news on the older Lipo's still doing well. As I said, my 700 trays are 2011 and are still going, but..............................of those three trays and 6 packs, one cell in one packs crapped out, but all trays have over 60 flights! As I am sure I have remarked before, my theory of bringing home my flown packs and recharging them to Storage Mode really makes difference. I too have flow Zippys with over all pretty good reviews and I used them on the 500, but for the 700 the Zippies or Turnigy are just to heavy. I let Jason fly one of my trays on his 700 and he was shocked how nimble the heli had become. Now we have both given up Gen's Aces and have gone to "Glacier" which we read are Gen's that have been rebranded to Glaciers and they are cheaper too!!!!
http://www.buddyrc.com/power-system/...o-battery.html

Good Luck on the Aquarium and I hope your scuba trip goes well :-)

We are starting to fill boxes and go through stuff now for the trailer, finally we can getting to back to our friends. I bought some ties downs at HF today today because we are taking another apartment size frig with us, even out big RV frig wont hold what we want, so frig #2 will fit the ticket! I also notice I am out of CA so I am going over my daily RC supplies too.

Regards John
Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE - hope all is doing well and your shoulder is feeling better each day.

Good deal on the packing progress for your annual trip - I know being around your 'desert friends' will do you good. Another frig, hey its all about being comfortable in these retirement years!

I too started doing the storage charge with my packs some time ago, I actually remember you talking about it and I started doing it and never looked back. A big thanks to you for the great idea - really saves the lipo's.

This past Sunday my wife asked me if I could bring her a cup of coffee while she was at work at Lowes. So I packed up George and stopped by Starbucks to get her one of her favorite fall coffees - pumpkin latte. While we were there I got a few plumbing parts for the aquarium project and got ready to go. I need to also mention it started pouring out while we were there.

On the way home my car hydroplaned as I was turning at a light and hit two signs, taking out one of them. George and I were fine, though I was a bit shaken as can be expected. No other cars were involved, just the signs. My car did take some damage as you can see. Cars not totaled and I plan to repair some of the damages, but...

That turned out to be an expensive cup of coffee after all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150913_130209_resized.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	2120372   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150913_130200_resized.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2120373  
Old 09-18-2015, 09:37 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Holy cow, I am so sorry to read this post. I am grateful both you and George came through that unharmed, that could have been a very dark day for all concerned. I can't tell by the photos but did you have or did the air bags deploy? That will be an expensive fix it appears especially the air bags it appears to me. Did the Police come? If so then the city will bill you for the post and sign replacement regretfully, at least here they do that. I sure hope your Mrs. is not having remorse for asking you for a Latte. You'll need to comfort her on that for sure, guilt is an ugly thing to keep pent up inside. (BTW) both of my daughters wait all year that pumpkin concoction too!

Glad the lipo storage has benefited you too, that's the reasoning behind these Forums, helping a brother out!

I saw the surgeon two days ago and he went over my 30 camera shots in my shoulder. It was so inflamed that some of the tissues were pinkish red in areas! He shaved a lot of broken and shredded ligament tissue and......................... he did cut the tendon to my bicep as that was the main reason of the constant irritation. It will mouse up in the bicep area and kinda look like and holding a flex possibly at some point. Still I am sore of course but I think it was all worth it. He told me in "great clarity" to baby the shoulder for a month and don't do something stupid. He said he has guys come back in a few weeks and complain about shoulder pain in the surgical area because they have been lifting bags of concrete and doing other demanding tasks after their recent surgery. I think he really drove the point home to me because he knows I am not a couch potato but rather an active tool guy, an desert hiker and RZR driver, and I he thinks I am a candidate for jumping in to quick. So I got the message loud and clear, he was protecting me from ME..........lol.

I measured the RZR with the 90cc quad parking sideways in front of it along with the measurements of the 20CF frig I am taking and I have 12" extra....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. It will be a tight fit for sure.

Well you take care there, you have a lot ahead of you. Spend some time working on the aquarium for your own quite time too.

John
Old 09-18-2015, 06:11 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good to hear you and George are fine. I have never hydroplaned before, but I have had a few close calls on ice. It is a scary feeling of having no control of the car.

John,

That is good to hear you had a fairly quick recovery except for the throat.

I have been having a major case of senioritis. I have been having a hard time getting motivated to do anything school related. I still get everything done by the deadline though. I am glad I finished all my code for my senior design this summer.

Nick
Old 09-21-2015, 10:50 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

To answer your question JPEE no the airbags did not deploy - I suppose the sensor up front did not get impacted to cause them to go off. Rather surprised I must admit. Yes, the police were notified and I am responsible for the sign damage. Actually the insurance is covering that as property damage. I was told by one of the officers one sign goes for around $4K, yikes! They actually had the sign replaced the very next day - how's that for quick turn-around? I did go to my family doctor 3 days after the accident to get a post-accident check up and everything checked out - even the nice bump on my head. He performed a neurological screen to make sure no underlying issues were present, and all seems to be fine 9 days since the accident.

I've been busy with doing some initial repairs. Had to replace both front rims so was able to find those at the local U pick junk yard. Also got a new spare tire while I was there and ordered a new radiator as mine has a nice compacted section from the sign hitting it. Amazingly the radiator didn't leak at all as the compacted section I guess self sealed? I also checked underneath to make sure all suspension bolts, metal arms, and steering components didn't have any damage to them. All looks good. I did see a slight bending of one frame section up front unfortunately. And the right front section has some warpage so getting a new light assembly to line up will be challenging. Cannot believe this is my first accident since January 2001.

JPEE,

Do take things in stride, albeit a very slow stride! Give that shoulder time to heal and in no time you'll be back at it again.

Glad you had that left over foot of space so you should be able to get a few extra pots and pans in there right?!

Nick,

I can relate to your senioritis syndrome - my last month was horrible as I didn't want to do anything. It took so much motivation and willpower to get the bare minimum completed. But this is, as they say, the final leg and you'll just have to push through it to completion. Your almost done!

Mark
Old 09-27-2015, 02:33 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I am quite shocked the air bags did not deploy, that's something I would clearly look into! NO WAY 4K for that sign, it must be gold and I driving out there to pull that punk up and bring it home! Speaking in reality now, I know all city things cost up the wazoo but I think the cop was just picking on you. I would want to know what it cost for your own understanding because in the end your insurance is gonna raise their rates up to recover this outlay......... You have a right to know just what they are putting out under your Policy. Enough preaching!
Did you not carry comprehensive to cover your cars damages, it that why your making some of the repairs yourself? I can imagine this came as quite a shock to say the least. Because I don't believe in "luck" meaning I can say without fear of the sky falling in I have never in my 67 years been in an accident and haven't gotten a ticket since 1980!

OH! I just thought to remind you of this. If your frame is bent what will happen is.............the car will not "track" right when going down the street. This means the front and back wheels won't follow the same identical tack on the ground and the car will go down the street with the rear of the car going sideways to one side or another! This will also cause extreme tire wear too. Food for thought!

I have been working on my cargo trailer and trying what another guy did to carry his RC planes. I installed light duty cargo D rings on the walls up 6' high on each side of the trailer. Then I took a HF cargo net and strung it side to side. After that I put two planes in and wheels and stuff stuck through the netting and held them fine for my 300 mile drive over everything else down below. Sadly when I put my third plane the big P-51 it would not fit. I think I could've made it work and still might but I came up with another idea because I am taking a 4th plane new in the box which I need to plane for to bring home. My idea is to hang them on the walls like when I am parked and then I unhooked one side of the cargo net and let it fall to the floor over the planes. Then I stepped on the net to draw it a bit tight ( it is all elastic you know ) and it held the plane in place when I tugged at them as if the trailer was moving. Otherwise they would swing on the walls like pendulums, so I might do that, still thinking. I am putting a plywood base on the trailers tongue and then my 2000 watt Honda generator. I drilled a hole 5/8" through the floor and then put male and female ends on a power cord so I can run the generator part of the way (5 hours) to keep that frig and freezer cold, like at rest stops. I have been trained by the state for Quakes and such and they told us that food left in an UNOPENED frig will stay cool for 8 hours, if just left alone. I will have a few hundred bucks of meat in there because Costco is 80 miles one way from us down there. The little local store is of course is very over priced and I just simply do not trust the meat there. We have made purchases of food stuffs there that were bad and rancid from the heat and the food was still on the shelves. You know the truck pulls up and drops the food in the parking lot and then who knows how long it sits in the sun before someone brings it in "we've seen it". Bread and milk, cereal and daily staples move fast so they are fresh so we are taking as much frozen food as we can pack in there and then when we come home for Christmas we will load up ice chests and then freeze it down there. OH I just had an idea, "dry ice" a chunk of that would keep the freezer food frozen and perhaps a small piece in the frig would help there too. Godda look into that, then no generator would be needed. some time you miss threes for the forest as they say.

OK that is it from HOT California, still praying for snow in Colorado as that is where our water comes from.
JPEE
Old 09-27-2015, 06:21 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good your check up didn't show any problems.

John,

It sounds like you have been busy working on the trailer.

I have been watching the eclipse with my parents. That is pretty cool. I have found some flaws in my senior design while testing with the rest of my group. There was some very bad distortion. It ended up being a software bug that I created. I just have some minor distortion from the hardware I am going to try and fix with some software filters. I am doing another test with my group tomorrow to see if there are any more problems.

Nick
Old 09-29-2015, 08:09 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

We were jipped out of the eclipse! The moon was close to the horizon and it was all cloudy here. We saw a redish orange glow and that was it sadly. We have a famous Observatory about 20 miles from the house call Griffith Park Observatory which is where we were to see the Shuttle come in last year. But they too did not get to much up that hill either. Consider yourself very lucky to have experienced it.

I have to assume that a software bug mean's.............that the code was not perfect which made a glitch for you? I wish you the best of luck on your project testing!

Hey Mark.......... it looks like your gonna get wet down there, be safe!

John
Old 10-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys and happy October!

We had some nice cool weather this past weekend with nighttime temps in the lower 60's so it was great to open up the windows and get some fresh air in the house.

Joaquin brought us a little bit of rain and the cool weather but I heard it was much worse in other areas with flooding...I also heard a very sad story of a cargo container ship that went down because it lost its propulsion and could not maneuver out of the storms way. Its still early and I hope they are able to find some survivors.

In other news, I finished with my car. See before, during, and after pics below.

I had originally thought the radiator had taken a hit but discovered their is a radiator-like structure in front of the actual radiator that is used for the AC system - the condenser. That took the hit from the sign and so all refrigerant was lost. Instead of replacing the condenser, taking the car to an authorized AC shop and having all parts inspected and refrigerant replaced (ie costly), I have decided to just run the car without AC. My wife and I have decided that when the weather starts to get warm next year we'll get a replacement vehicle for me. This one has lasted long but with the bent frame and who really knows what else from the accident this is the next best choice. I've gotten 10 good years from this one and maybe I can get a pickup like I've always wanted.

Don't feel bad as we also missed most of the eclipse and the red moon - rain most of the night. I did get to go out and see a last sliver of the eclipse when the clouds moved on around midnight. But no red - some of the online pictures were very amazing that people got to see around the country.

I like your idea of having the generator running while your driving so you have ice cold drinks to enjoy at those beloved rest stops. Dry ice will work like a charm - we use it to ship frozen blood products in Styrofoam containers. You can wrap it in a layer of paper towels to help insulate it.

Sorry about not all your aircraft fitting - I guess this is with the wings taken off? Maybe a little bit of finagling will get them all to fit comfortably. As you said, still thinking and you have time so no rush.

I told my wife what you said about the meat being left after unloading from the truck and she just cringed. Don't blame you on wanting to take your own with you - better to be safe then sorry and not overcharged!

Nick,

Hope you have your software/hardware distortion bug situated now with those filters.

Aquarium project has been on hold since the accident but now that everything appears to be returning to normal I can get back to finishing it up.

Mark

Name:	First.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2123868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Middle.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2123869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Last.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	2123870  

Last edited by Aframomum; 10-05-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 AM
JPEE

Hello Guys,

Mark, glad to hear you did not get the brunt of the storm!

The loss of the cargo ship was a true just horrible to read about, God's strength to the family survivors. As one said on the News, my family member now rests with his other family, their all together now and for eternity. Sad sad sad.........

I can imagine the cost to repair the A/C is about the net worth of the car itself now so I understand your move. As you stated in the next season you want to upgrade anyway and this car will still be reliable transportation, wise move. You did a fabulous job my friend! Oh that would be a great addition for you, a small eco pick-up! Then when you buy wood and things of that nature you'll be set to do more jobs around the house.

Our Red Moon was a red glow and that's it, we had heavy clouds that night. Thanks for the tip on the dry ice................. We have received those boxes of steaks that come in those Styrofoam boxes with dry ice and they work fine, but the genny will get the job done...................I reworked the netting and got it to work to hold my two planes and, the JUG I'll build when I get there. I took out the P-51 and powered it up and it has beyond the nearly broken in half fuselage, many servos are stripped. So with that I have decided to leave it home this year and when there's time go through it next year. So that will give me (3) planes, (2) drones quad-hexa, (3) helicopters, and a crawler truck. Should I loose any of that I'll just have a new one shipped out down there..............10-4 on the food thing. I don't want a 120 mile air lift to the closest hospital for sure.

Nick, let us know if you were able to de-bug your system.

JP..........gonna be 100 today and higher tomorrow

Last edited by JPEE; 10-09-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:21 PM
evdreamer

John,

I finally am happy with the performance of my software. I spent a lot of late nights working on it. My code and hardware sound very professional and I can't find any problems anymore. Yeah, a software bug is when the code isn't written properly and causes unexpected behavior.

Sorry you still have hot weather.

Mark,

That is good you didn't have any flooding. That is a sad story about the ship.

You did a good job repairing your car.

Nick
Old 10-11-2015, 08:49 AM
JPEE

Nick,

I had no doubts whatsoever that you would not nail down where the error or bug was coming from!

Congratulations!

Mark,

What is the black rectangle on your windshield? I was able to get a better look at your photos when I blew them up and saw it was the same bumper just banged out a bit. I have two questions, were you able to realign your head lights so they light and aim at the road properly? Two, did you put a front license plate back on? Here they stick us for nearly $100 for not having one. Then I had to get it on the car and then have a Sheriff for another $15.00 say the repair was made before I could pay the fine.................... Dang that ticked me off. Hours at the Sheriff's station and the to a different place where the traffic court was to pay, that was two hours too. Needless to say, both the Fusion and the new Truck have front plates now.

John

Last edited by JPEE; 10-11-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:59 AM
evdreamer

Thanks John.

I thought this article was kind of interesting about registering drones with the DOT. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/all...ion-2015-10-16

NIck
Old 10-17-2015, 10:08 AM
JPEE

Hi Nick,

LOL.......we all knew this would be coming didn't we!

Hope your well and your studies are coming along!

John
Old 10-20-2015, 01:13 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

To answer your question JPEE the black square is plain old duck tape. I was looking at the cracks in the windshield and decided to try and reinforce it with the tape - so far looks to be working. On the lights - I did aim them at the garage door to see how they lined up and they are close. At least the one doesn't go off to the side like I thought it may. No front license requirement in FL so no worry's there. Your experience didn't sound very fun, so I can bet you guys take it very seriously out there.

Nick,

I didn't see that requirement before - I bet they are trying to get it passed before the holiday season rolls in this year since multi's are always a hot commodity. Will be watching to see how this turns out.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:32 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

What a creative way to hold and support the glass so the cracks don't hopefully travel! Doc said my shoulder is doing well but to expect a full 6 mo to come back 100%. Right now "I" think I am at 95%. My only PIB is it driving, my arm and shoulder get tired stretched out holding the steering wheel in about 20 miles. So I rest it from time to time on the console.
Loading my RC stuff last on Saturday and we leave on Sunday morning to where the skies are clear and flying is the best in the great out doors!

Boy oh boy are they making a big deal as I am sure you've seen on the news about drones and now having to register them come Jan or so. If I take my camera off it will exclude me the way I understand or...................that I do not have FPV so my Hex's must be in eyesight, so that alone keeps me out of the way of airplanes up high. This new coming law will be interesting to see how they cope with this new flood of airborne vehicles.

Smiles you guys........JPEE

PS: How is the reef tank coming along? How did the diver cert go?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Firstly, I hope you had a nice trip to your vacation land! And that your shoulder is healing although I'm sure you had to make a rest stop or two on the way to rest it.

Have a great time out there and we all know you deserve it!

My divers cert was put on hold due to the car accident, I'll look into something around January in one of the local springs so the water temp will be in the middle 70's and not too cold (although the air temp may be a different thing!).

My reef tank is up and running!!! Can't believe this project was started the beginning of July. But alas, it is filled with water, has some rock and sand, and the pumps are on circulating water.

I made the trip out to Tampa two weeks ago to pick up my aquacultured rock and came home with 4 large boxes with rock, sand, and a whole bunch of critters that hitched a ride from the Gulf (crabs, snails, worms, mini clams, mini star fish, barnacles, etc.).

While the tank has been cycling with the rock and sand I have been working to get other areas finished - mainly the skimmer, wavemaker pumps, lighting, freshwater top-off system, and tidying up all the various tubing and wires.

I still have to finish the door and figure out an electrical distribution box so I don't have 8 plugs going into a few strip outlets. I'm also looking into a kill-o-watt meter so I can see the draw of each of the devices. I'm particularly interested in my main pumps draw and the electronic light ballast at start up and normal running.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:36 AM
evdreamer

Happy Halloween.

John,

I hope you had a fun time flying last weekend. I got this weekend off from work, so it will be nice to relax.

Mark,

That is cool you finished your tank. I have a kill-o-watt meter. It is kind of interesting to see what appliances use.

Here is a video one of my senior design members posted on youtube. The first green board is my part of the project. Then he shows his touch screen LCD. His LCD talks with my DSP. All his switches are sending info to the DSP to tell it how to process the audio. The equalizer is coming from the DSP calculations. The first half he is playing audio from an external source. Then at the end he is playing it from the SD card.

Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8w6tUIR3o&feature=youtu.be
Old 11-01-2015, 03:29 PM
JPEE

Hey Mark,
The trip went perfect! I stopped once for a break and ran the generator to keep up the freezer and frig, it just worked perfect!
Today is 7 days we’ve been here and I did the first fun thing, I flew three T-28s, two Bixlers, and two T-Rex 500s. My friend Phil brought a P-51, a mid sized Cub with bush mondo tires and or pontoons for at home for the lakes, a Horzon Blade 500, and “like” Bixler. We got there at 8:00 and left at noon when it was just to hot. Today is slipped up to 91!
Now the bad stuff, since we bought this place it sat for 6 months and we never even slept in it 2014. Then Doc let me come out this year in April for 12 days of mostly resting. Now I can get into this puppy and make some repairs and mods we need. I ran a tv coax from the cargo bay in the belly up into the bedroom. Then the toilet on night let go and damn near tipped me over if you get my meaning lol. The floor flange unlike yours in your home that is cast iron is ABS in a an RV and the ear let go and bolt s came up! This is a 2007 and add the summer temps in the 100 teens and greater it is no surprise. That was not a hard job but a dirty one and it took two hours with running back and forth to the Ace Hardware for parts. Next I wired up our shed 8x12 with 120vt so I could power Judys washer and dryer. Last April I just drug a heavy power cord in there but I hate leaving the sliding door for snakes to sneak in. That’s the tip of the iceberg so to speak then there was the unloading of everything and storing it all. Whew I am tired just talking about it lol.

Sorry your Cert got put off. Great news……..the reef tank is up and working, congratulations! I love my Kill-O-Watt meter . I used to track the washer (15amps) and the dryer at (5-6amps) so when I did my wiring I set it up with #12 and for a 20 amps service. If I were you………. I might consider installing a GFCI receptacle in that room where power supply wall outlet is. SHOULD there ever be a leak or the room get flooded you don’t want anyone to get electrocuted! I did the same in our shed as it is code. Anywhere you have water (faucet sink etc) you need a GFCI if the electrical is within I think it is 6’. Nov 5 I’ll being getting my data line in then I can post video and pic’s from YT.

Hello Nick, you must feel so good to see your work in use and fully functioning! I love the touch pad too!

This is us on the blue dot

Sunset over our neigbors trailer

Name:	IMG_4519.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	2128696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4473.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	972.2 KB
ID:	2128697  
Old 11-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick,

Your project is quite the work - good job on getting it all put together and working as designed. You guys did some good teamwork there! Is there anything more you need to do or is it just about done?

Ready for Thanksgiving break yet?

JPEE,

I'm sure you are having a wonderful time being back in your vacation land and reacquainting yourself with old friends. Those evening desert sunset pictures are amazing - I can imagine they are spectacular in person.

Hope you got your amusement park toilet seat ride under control! That'll be some story to tell to the grandkids some day.

Have the temps let down a bit for you yet? 90's in November is never a nice thing. Didn't realize how much cleanup work and unpacking you guys had to do. Thanks for the mini map of your lot, gives an idea of how things are arranged. Is the traffic on 95 loud at night? We live near a main road that has trucks that run on it at night and you can hear them downshifting when nearing the traffic light so I was just wondering.

I am very happy to have my reef up and running. I have been getting back in the routine of doing water changes and tracking my top off schedule so the salinity doesn't go up and down like a rollercoaster (not good for corals).

I have gotten most of the work on the one door finished. Still need to sand and stain it. When I stained my stand I foolishly did it in the room and the smell of the stain reaked for nearly 3 days, the wife wasn't too thrilled. So the garage it is for staining the doors - I do learn from past mistakes.

As soon as the doors are done I can focus my attention to my electrical distribution panel. Thanks for the heads up on the GFCI. However, instead of using just one on the main outlet and having everything downstream on it I'll be wiring 3 of them wired off the main powerwire from the outlet. The various components will be split between the 3 GFCI's. This way if one trips it won't take out the whole tank with a power blackout.

I have been looking at some of the programmable digital timers by Honeywell to replace my old mechanical dial timers for the 4 pieces of equipment that need to be on a timer (metal halide light, LED nightime light, refugium LED light, and water top-off pump). The old dial timers are fine but they are bulky and take up a lot of real estate. The digital timers are integrated and fit into an electrical box so all the wiring will be hidden behind the plywood I'll be using.

I did finally get my Kill-O-Watt meter and did have fun checking the power usage of the different components. It also gave me a rough idea of how to bundle up what will go on which outlet.

JPEE - Did you get your data line? Does this mean you can view pictures and video from your place or are you still limited on what you can use?
Old 11-15-2015, 07:59 AM
JPEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLun3JPLzM8 By the way I am 6' tall! Click pic to blow up. Also adjust the video to HD, much clearer.

Hi Guys, yes the Amusement Park is closed! I feel I can say that you know what a floor flange is that you make contact with that holds down the toilet. In your home they are cast iron, here plastic DUH. I was blessed that I did not have to hack and cut the ABS pipe coming through the floor and re glue a new floor flange, it was screwed on! So the fix was fast (2 hours, 2 trips the Ace Hrdwr). Now I am stunt ready LMAO

The traffic............yes we hear the Freeway traffic from the I-10. The Route 95 to Yuma south and lake Havasu north is only 4 lane then down to two lane highway and we hear nothing from it. During the day you don't notice the noise, but when it is quite and WE go to bed we do hear the trucks going by. But now three weeks in, we sleep right through it.

Temps, they range from generally in the 70s to 80s and yes we had those few hot days which surprised even the locals. We get up to 48 and are hitting high 70-s to low 80's but the breeze that is here 365 makes the big difference. We sat outside yesterday when not working on projects and it was BEEutiful. Phil went flying and I was relocating our stand alone heater that everyone uses here because they give heat and dont need power or make noise. Story: we went to tract yard sale that is 7 miles away in the middle of desert, twice a year they have this sale. Well.......old John got the deal of a lifetime, a good used 30 lbs 7 gallon propane tank for $10.00! They retaile for $80-95 new. So I take it to get it filled and they tell me WE CAN'T FILL IT it has the old valve on it that is no longer legal to refill. I was so PISSED that the seller snookered me, I felt like driving back and putting him to sleep! Once I cooled off at the Propane filling station she said.....we can change the valve for $27.00 Whoya.......sounds like a deal to me. So $27 + $10 I paid for it and I still came out real good, just not what It could have been. Hey, a lesson learned. These tanks for are like gold because I have 5 tanks that I need to run my place. Five you say, the trailer has 2 ea 7 gallons, BBQ 5 gallon, Judy's dryer in the shed 5 gallon and now the 5th 7 gallon to run thew space heater where I could get a hose through the sliding living room where there is no other propane gas available. Enough said...........

Well after the second try we got to maiden Phil's new 78" wingspan T-28. The first night he finished it everything worked on the bench. The next morning he found out it WON'T fit in his truck! So we pulled the wing off and drove to the desert field we have not at the town field because Phil likes to maiden out there if he can with new aircraft so "in case" it goes south it will not go into the pits or hurt someone. Anyway..we get to the field, put back on the wing which had aile, flaps Ys to connect. Three servos of those four that connected to those Y's were DEAD!!!!!! We thought ok, there is a TX or RX deal going on. Long story short...........we bench tested the Y's when we came home with other servos BANG they worked 100%. perfectly. Then we re connected his in the wing DEAD. He over nighted new servos (three days here in nowwhere land) and we were ready. Because the flight was made past dusk, the lighting and grainyness of video was unavoidable. I edited and lightened it the best I could.

I like your thinking and fore thought on the GFCI plan! If they are the same I use at home, I use those LED timers on my inside light switch for the house porch light. In our rental house I had them all over so as to make it look like someone was there and they can be set to radom too so that helped. Yes those old style lamp clumky timers are a thing of the past. And I am glad to hear you like your Kill A Watt too.

Yes I have my DSL in but.............. the highest speed I could get is 15 mbps here. It fluxuates down to 8 at times but it runs the computers, pads and phones nicely. It also runs the laptop so I can stream video like the debate but it will freeze from time to time. If I wait a sec it picks up again. So now I can upload videos, but I WISHED I had more bandwidth but it is survivable.

Should we not speak before Thanksgiving guys, we wish you and Nick and families a happy one. We brought a Honey Baked Ham and the Phil will do a small Turkey

OH! I almost forgot to show you this which is staggering. This gentlemans hanger, and I use the term hanger has more planes than a hobby shop. He is a sweet and kind man and the Fly Club uses his hanger as a meeting place. I was fortunate to be taken there by my friend Phil to join the Club here. Here is a video of HIS STUFF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhj0MQsgaDM&feature=youtu.be

Name:	IMG_4729.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	863.6 KB
ID:	2130741  

Last edited by JPEE; 11-15-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Just wanted to shoot you a quick reply to comment on your friends T-28 maiden - what a huge plane that thing is. I would be nervous nelly getting that thing into the air but it looked like it was very tame and the landing was smooth!

I don't know what to say about that hanger - looked like a museum. No kidding!

Getting things ready for turkey day...

More in a few...

Mark
Old 11-25-2015, 09:11 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark and Nick,

We wish you both and your familes a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!

John
Old 11-26-2015, 12:51 AM
Aframomum

John and Nick,

Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!

Enjoy lots of turkey and pie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.