Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 AM
cltmte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Nice flight. What a beautiful backyard to play in. I saw that terrain earlier on the mcx vid and was impressed it flew as I bet you can get a good breeze blowing through the hills. Looks like you minimized the damage to the 450 though. Now you are making me want to get out with the 450 or the HBKII again. Love the authority of the 450 in flight.

Oh, and now I saw the t-Rex 250. I hate this forum!!! How the heck am I supposed to hide the T-rex 250??????? I feel the wallet opening up again. Good news is it seems a bit hard to find and support is not quite set up yet. I can wait until the LHS has them and all the repair parts I might need.

Off to tennis in the cold - man it was 16 here this morning. Hope it is warming up.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:40 PM
MsDarla

Has anyone else modified the charge station?

Mine was going through 4 AAs in about 10 charges. []
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61606.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1076947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26285.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1076948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93649.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1076949  
Old 11-22-2008, 05:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: cltmte

Nice flight. What a beautiful backyard to play in. I saw that terrain earlier on the mcx vid and was impressed it flew as I bet you can get a good breeze blowing through the hills. Looks like you minimized the damage to the 450 though. Now you are making me want to get out with the 450 or the HBKII again. Love the authority of the 450 in flight.

Oh, and now I saw the t-Rex 250. I hate this forum!!! How the heck am I supposed to hide the T-rex 250??????? I feel the wallet opening up again. Good news is it seems a bit hard to find and support is not quite set up yet. I can wait until the LHS has them and all the repair parts I might need.

Off to tennis in the cold - man it was 16 here this morning. Hope it is warming up.

Mark ~

Yeah thanks... You were one of the ones saying I would love the Trex, and you were right ! You need to fire up yours and burn some of that dust off ! After I had my 5 month break from mine, they were dustier than hek ! I took the MCX out today for a flight, and instead of running my shorter flybar with the tubular style weights, I put on the older version of the MCX flybar which was the paddle weight design... Man that's a heavy pig of a set-up for a flybar ! I left it stock to experiment, and although I did have a little forward flight, its not nearly as much as running with my shorter flybar mod using the tubular type flybar... But still a blast... You play tennis, I fly heli's....LMAO...

I'd watch it in high quality or it will be blurry... Just hit the link where it says "high quality" under the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opye6yL684

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
cltmte

wow, that really is good forward flight. I need to jump on the mods. I will be pulling the other helis out now. Fever again.

Just curious. I don't know much about coax helis and this may a be a dumb question but since it has counter rotating blades, shouldn't the pirouette move be fairly close to the same speed in either direction. The proportional difference I see is close to the HBKII or the 450. I am sure it is a simple answer.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:59 AM
aviator24

J-Michael,
Nice video. Could you please direct me to where you posted your mods, if you did?
Thank You...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:50 AM
mmcginnis

ORIGINAL: cltmte

Just curious. I don't know much about coax helis and this may a be a dumb question but since it has counter rotating blades, shouldn't the pirouette move be fairly close to the same speed in either direction. The proportional difference I see is close to the HBKII or the 450. I am sure it is a simple answer.
The main reason for the difference is that the upper blade has MUCH greater mass due to the flybar being attached to it. That extra mass causes the upper blade to not change speed very quickly and thus the heli will spin quicker in one direction as compared to the other.

Hope that made some bit of sense....
Old 11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
traxxaspede

I haven't even had mine for 24 hours and i managed to break the part on the of the shaft that the fly bar pivots on. might just try using some CA glue and wrap a tiny bit of electrical tape around the bottom. It is so fun though. I also cracked my canopy.

my charger is acting kinda weird. it sits around with the battery in it for 15 minutes with the LED still on, not blinking at all. even after i replaced the stock batteries with rechargeable ones.

Is there a way to adjust the gyro? Maybe I can with the knob on top of my LP5DSM. I'm not sure how though.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 PM
etc1006

Last night I broke my flybar mount, too. I was able to super glue it. I did go pick one up at the LHS today though. Noticed the shaft on the replacement has a flat spot for the setscrew on the gear, where the original doesn't...
I did have mine come loose one day after I replaced the swashplate... I wouldn't put any tape on the mount, it may make it too heavy. Also I did notice a small crack in my canopy. I'll get the scotch tape out later and do the reinforcements Jeff mentioned in his posts.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
traxxaspede

well, i cant fly it anyway and it'll be while til i can get the replacement, so ill just try and tape it.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
traxxaspede

i wrapped up a little but of tape and it work fine now. no noticeable difference in weight or performance, except there's a little more vibrations. i managed to fly it down the hall and through a door only open about 10 inches. just cant get over how fun and easy it is to fly. those little air hogs are no match. i also put a little scotch tape on the canopy, and still no difference in =performance. I do need to get a digital scale, then maybe i could see how many tenths of a gram I added to it.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
traxxaspede

when i flying my mCX after a while when the battery gets low, the throttle cuts off, i can still fly it for a couple seconds if i go off the throttle then back on again. but when i use the meter is shows the battery at abot 3.7 to 3.77 volts. Is this normal? i though lipos where supposed to go down to abut 3 volts per cell, not 3.7
Old 11-25-2008, 04:23 PM
animalnut

it goes down to 3v under load your not reading it under load your reading resting voltage
Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
traxxaspede

oh.. thanks.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
cltmte

mmcginnis,

So obvious. Thanks for the answer. I am definitely getting slow, lazy brain. Makes perfect sense. Man these things sure are fun. I am surprised these little motors last so well. Though I have only flown a few cycles, I have heard others that have flown quite a bit.

Maybe they can transfer this technology to the tail rotor on the CP. A sneeze and those motors went out.

Happy Thanks Giving
Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 AM
crazysavage

Hello heli people. I'm an 1/8th scale dirt driver turned heli crasher. I just picked up a CX2 that just will not trim out, it's back at the shop so I picked up a BNF MCX and it's a blast. I'm getting the hang of it. The problem I have is with tail shake. I have a pretty high frequency shake that doesnt seem to effect the flight but it concerns me that something is not right on the board. Is there a gyro gain pot on the board? I work one day a week at the LHS and have seen alot of these MCX's fly but only one with this problem. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:03 AM
traxxaspede

mine does that too. not sure. i think its the gyro, but i have to idea how to adjust it.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the tail actually shake or move to the right or left while it is hovering?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:59 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Does the tail actually shake or move to the right or left while it is hovering?
mine has a shake to it as if the blades are out of balance but they are not. I can see the tail actually rotating on the axis of the shaft. That sounds x rated but it very minor. Other wise the thing is smooth and flies well. It will also continue turning for about 2 seconds after releasing rudder input in one direction but not the other.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:18 AM
robwiljas

I just got an MCX BNF tonight and I love it. I own a CX2 and I've owned single rotor helis and this thing is a lot more fun IMO. It's just so relaxing and easy to fly. The best part is it's so quiet my wife doesn't mind me flying it around the living room while she's watching TV lol.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:31 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Here is a small video of mine. It is hard holding the camera with one hand and the radio in the other and then trying to move the sticks with one finger..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSp6d3ooq04
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM
traxxaspede

mine shakes and turns a tiny tiny bit, but if i do the trim the other way, it starts turning the other way really slowly.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
mydartswinger

I've had my eye on this little gem since the first announcement of it's release. I finally broke down and picked up the RTF today (even though I wanted the BNF, but the hobby shop was out of the BNFs). I've flown both the CX and CX2, as well as the CP Pro and 400 helis from e-Flite, and I'm getting into nitro helis as well. Let me tell you, this little heli is the most fun and most resilient heli out of them all. Within 2 hours of leaving the hobby shop, I did manage to break the flybar. That was my fault, as I was "putting it through it's paces". Went right back to the hobby shop and picked up the replacement, and was back in the air in no time. Didn't really have to do anything but replace the part to get it to fly right again. I managed to put about 6-8 flights on it so far, with at least 1-2 more planned before I call it a night. For the stuff I put this thing through today, if I had done it with the CX2, I would've pretty much had to get a new heli. Not with the mCX. Great little heli, and I do not regret purchasing it at all.

For those wondering about tormenting pets with them:
I flew mine near a friend's 4 month old Pitt Bull. He went nuts. He was barking, growling, backed up away from it, and at one point choked on his food (I was flying near it, then he went to his food, realized the heli was nearby, and started his fit again). At that point, he was OK, but I left him alone so it wouldn't happen again.

Happy flying.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've flown mine regularly since getting it the 1st week they were released. Have had a blast with it and haven't really had any problems that weren't self-induced. I think the MCX is one of the best RC values out there.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:52 PM
mydartswinger

Agreed. Just this afternoon, a friend of mine and myself were having "combat" bouts with ours. Not traditional RC combat with streamers, but actually colliding helis. It was a blast and not much damage was done to the helis. Mine came out with 2 missing canopy O-rings, and a swash/lower blade link that would pop off on the harder hits. His broke the flybar holder and lost the 4 outer canopy O-rings. We knew the helis were durable, and we knew the risks involved, fully prepared to come out with damaged birds. I have never seen an RC take so much abuse and keep asking for more. It was a straight up blast. Again, all problems were "self-induced". Even after all of that, mine still flies great. His will to, once he gets a new flybar/upper blade holder/inner shaft. We plan on getting vids of it once we get better with it.

Happy flying.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

And now another entry in the minis...

It looks like some major competition for the Blade mCX...

http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pa...20101RSC/410.0

It will be interesting to see how this one, not a coax, compares with the mCX. Pricey at $179 but that has nev er stopped us before, n'est-ce pas?

Willow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.