Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 03:11 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

ORIGINAL: John5757

Did anyone noticed a coper wire soldered from the top of the receiver and warps arround the frame?
That is the antenna wire for the receiver.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 PM
440GTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought myself a BHF mCX 2 days ago at the LHS.
So far so good. One of my better $ 100.00 I spent on this hobby
This is Great when it is - 20 ° C outside
My only concern was the first few under 5 min. flight times I was getting.
Now I get about 7 min.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:31 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The funky blades have grounded me for a couple of days. It's also supposed to rain.

Tim
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 AM
PipeDreams

Hey all I'm new here and just wanna start by saying J-MICHAEL I Love the detailed pics and write ups of all the mods along with all the other guys doing great work here. Nice to see guys really pushing the limits.

I started off as a nitro dirt guy, went from there to a brushless emaxx,then to a sky fly plane, an AX10 (heavily modded), to now an mcx. I purchased a cheapo heli from my LHS on boxing day and it was ok but not enough control! I quickly jumped online to find these little gems and started reading about all the mods and watching the vids... Went the next day to buy the little bugger and have had an absolute blast ever since. Once my roomy came home from being on the road (trucker) I convinced him to pick one up too! Considering it's my first heli I have had some really hard crashes with only the inner shaft breaking (after well over 50 crashes). Trust me that's good for the abuse it puts up with. I have now got to the point that I am getting half way decent in flying (still nothing compared to most but I can at least go close to where I want) and have a couple vids of my roomy and I messing with them on you tube ( http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cfPpKlVIgPU http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Twm7HS...eature=channel) I think tomorrow I am going to head to the store and pick up some parts to start the mods. I plan to do all the mods I've read about.... just not all tomorrow... I also have a nice little one for you guys.

My roomy mentions "hey to bad we can't get the battery in there backwards so the connector is at the front".... I grab mine and I can (his is a little tighter then mine)... barely but I can... once you lean the board back there should be plenty of room! This now allows you to run an even shorter set of battery wires, and more forward weight bias! For a cleaner look try soldering the wires on to the "other side" of the board! Any bit of weight saving helps! Also what about drilling 4 tiny little holes in the big servo gear? Even 4 holes.... well as I've heard J-MICHAEL say "every dog hair counts!"

So that's all for now but as I mod and think of more I'll keep posting!

P.s. Forgot to mention the cheap heli I got on boxing day has a wall plug in lipo charger with the same out put as the stock MCX charger and the same battery connector!... But you don't need to keep replacing batteries! It works for those of you who don't care how fast you charge your little lipos. (I already removed my plug from the charger and hooked it to my triton and will be picking up stuff to make a 6 cell balancing pack tomorrow)The cheap heli is an AEROLITE made by SPARC and I got it for like 14 bucks Canadian and that was RTF!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
jstern429

I think I already know the answewr to this question, but I will ask it anyway. Can a Futaba 6EX 2.4GHZ radio bind to the Blade MCX? I have the Futaba 7C & the 6EX in the 72mHz, but plan on changing over to 2.4GHZ stuff and was going to get the 6EX seeing that I under stand how to program it, but it seems that all of the Bind-N-Fly stuff is all Spectrum radio equipment. Am I better off getting a DX7 radio? I just dont really want to be back at the bottom of the learing curve as far as programming the radio again (I still dont have the hang of the 7C yet either). Jeff
Old 01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
mydartswinger

Jeff,
Unfortunately, Futaba FASST radios cannot bind to any Horizon Hobby branded BNF models. Futaba and Spektrum/JR use different architecture to get the same result. As for which one you should get, that's up to you. Both Futaba and Spektrum/JR are good radios. If you want to fly any of the Horizon BNF's on the same radio as everything else, then you need a Spektrum or JR 2.4 radio. If you don't mind buying the extra $30 transmitter that comes with an mCX, Vapor, etc..., and you like Futaba, go for the Futaba and you can use the little TX for the BNF stuff.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:33 AM
AirplaneMan04

Hello MCX owners. I have heard something about a modification
to Angle the 5-In 1 board to gain more forward speed. IS this correct?
If so, can someone link me to the page # here where I can find
that information. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
PipeDreams

Sorry man but some one will have to search to find that page too so you should learn to search... if it was 100+ pages I'd have it for you but I think it's around 12! Start from there and go forward... It'll have pics so just scroll quickly till you find posts with pics and look if the board is leaning back... if not keep going!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: AirplaneMan04

Hello MCX owners. I have heard something about a modification
to Angle the 5-In 1 board to gain more forward speed. IS this correct?
If so, can someone link me to the page # here where I can find
that information. Thanks!

Try starting on page 15 as it might be there... Here's a video of my MCX when I did the ESC mod awhile back. It helped a little, but doing a few of the mods really help !

Watch in high quality or its blurry :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesKxbhXBOY

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 PM
PipeDreams

HeyJ-MICHAEL any hidden secrets you've done to your Mcx? I've done all those mods you have and the extra speed is good but nothing like what your is... My swash plate throws so far I actually relieved some of the plastic because it was binding on full forward throw! What else are you hiding from us?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: PipeDreams

HeyJ-MICHAEL any hidden secrets you've done to your Mcx? I've done all those mods you have and the extra speed is good but nothing like what your is... My swash plate throws so far I actually relieved some of the plastic because it was binding on full forward throw! What else are you hiding from us?

I've heard that before also.... I wonder if the DX-7 is making a bigger difference than what I thought it would do ? I never got to fly the MCX with the stock TX, as I binded the MCX with my DX-7 right from the start... Everything I've done is listed back on page 15 I believe, and haven't done anything else that I can think of... Maybe later I'll try and post some pics so that ya can see there's nothing much different than what ya saw in the videos of my MCX...

I did throw on a STOCK paddle type flybar to see if the diffs were big on taking my shortened modded flybar off, and the little MCX still had some decent forward flight with that heavy stock paddle type flybar still, so I can't say that the modded flybar made the big difference or not... I think all of the little things combined just help to assist the MCX for forward flight.

Here is a video of my modded MCX, but this time I put on a stock flybar (Can't wait to take it off also !) : Watch it in high quality or it comes out pretty blurry if ya don't....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opye6yL684

Have a good one,

~` Jeff

Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
PipeDreams

Ya must be the radio? I don't know what else would do it! Did you try my little suggestion of turning the battery around and shortening the battery wires even more? But I have seen all your vids on you tube and I can see anything you have done that I haven't! Your's sure motors... maybe it's all the extra room you have being outdoors?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ya must be the radio? I don't know what else would do it! Did you try my little suggestion of turning the battery around and shortening the battery wires even more? But I have seen all your vids on you tube and I can see anything you have done that I haven't! Your's sure motors... maybe it's all the extra room you have being outdoors?

Even though the RX in the MCX might not be the greatest, the DX7 is probably sending out better signals as far as the frame rate goes, so its probably making things a little more quicker as far as the servo response I'am guessing...

I did shorten the wires coming from the ESC to the battery awhile back, in my attempts to drop the weight from 28 grams to 24 grams in every way possible to make the heli lighter and providing a better power to weight ratio...

The extra room outdoors is a big plus factor for picking up speed as you noticed... I was staying in a small studio in Cali, before now coming back home to Washington but I did film the MCX flying around in the cramped space and it still provided a good response. (Video below... You may have seen it however)

Watch in high quality :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emrekcSD_o

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92691.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1104978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29804.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1104979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80809.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1104980  
Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
PipeDreams

Oh ya I watched that vid! I trimmed mine even shorter! Turn the battery around and put it in from the front! Now shorten the wires even more!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Oh ya I watched that vid! I trimmed mine even shorter! Turn the battery around and put it in from the front! Now shorten the wires even more!

Does it make it more of a pain to connect the battery to the connector having it turned around ? Do you take the canopy off, or do you just squeeze in there and connect it with the canopy on ? I just want to make sure everything is convenient and friendly enough when it comes to me swapping batts really quick... I'll have to go look at the MCX and see.... I just might if it seems user friendly in doing so.

~ Jeff
Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
amad

I just bought my new mcx and have flown it twice. It is GREAT!!!!! It is rock solid stable. Much better than anything else I've flown. I have found a couple moves that seem to "piss off" the helicopter, though. It doesn't seem to like to be flying full forward, or full yaw while at the same time spinning fast. I got pretty severe blade strike and fall from the sky. Fun stuff, though. Helicopters also don't seem to like to do a combination of forward, spin, and yaw all at the same time, do they?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:48 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Amad, moderation in all things. They will do all of what you are trying to do, that's how I do the nose in and out circles. But cranking it all in at once will get the heli out of shape and cause it to tip stall, or fall off its wings. The video is a couple of pages back.

Tim
Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
MuggyDude

Hi, I'm planning on gettting a Blade MCX RTF, and I was wondering which parts to order with it? Also, does anyone here have any experience with the glow in the dark parts? Are they weaker or stronger than stock regular parts? Are they heavier? Also, I see a few people have reccomended the Tenergy 130 mah batteries, are these good? Any help is much appreciated.

Also, I already have a Honey Bee King 2 that I've used about 5 times. It is in great condition. It includes a 1500 mah lipo battery, a esky heading hold gyro, pitch gauge, 5.5mm tools for taking off important parts, and lots of extra spare parts. Lokking to get rid of it for a cheap price. PM me if interested.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
garywi
My Feedback: (3)

Hi, so I screwed in the facing left side swash plate servo connector like everyone said, to get better forward flight. I did three turns in. I may a bit better now, but the blades hit each other.

?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:39 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Gary, you are adding power faster than the heli can take it. Try a couple of batteries in low rates, the switch to higher rates, but proceed gradually. I am primarily a plank pilot so I flew in low rates for the first couple of weeks I had the heli. If you fly at low rates at first you'll get the hang of the heli. But basically if you go from hover to full forward flight you will not give the flybar enough time to pull the upper rotor out of the way.

All, on the aeroace thread I started a mods only thread. Basically it is a link library to the ginormous ace thread. I think that doing that here could be a good idea. This is the right time to do it, while the thread is small. Any volunteers?

I got my new uppers today and the heli is happy again. And I have spares for upper and lower now.

Tim
Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM
J-MICHAEL

All, on the aeroace thread I started a mods only thread. Basically it is a link library to the ginormous ace thread. I think that doing that here could be a good idea. This is the right time to do it, while the thread is small. Any volunteers?

Tim ~

I seriously think that's a good idea.... I just got done helping a guy in another thread as he was inquiring where to find the mods on this thread and didn't want to read the whole thing which I don't blame him... I really think you would be the best man for the job also ! I vote for you to volunteer....

~ Jeff
Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I was sort of hoping an IT person could do it. But, I'll do it Sunday I guess. If someone else wants to do this here's the deal, and I figured it out after Microbuilder got the links up. You know it would be easier to show the format, or just do it, "heavy sigh", OK, I'll get it set up.

Tim
Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I was sort of hoping an IT person could do it. But, I'll do it Sunday I guess. If someone else wants to do this here's the deal, and I figured it out after Microbuilder got the links up. You know it would be easier to show the format, or just do it, "heavy sigh", OK, I'll get it set up.

Tim

That will be great Tim... I'am terrible at setting up anything. But I'll be your wingman.........
Old 01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
MuggyDude

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tim

That will be great Tim... I'am terrible at setting up anything. But I'll be your wingman.........
Hurray!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Sturmgewehr
My Feedback: (4)

Ordered my own MCX today from HeliDirect. Can't wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.