Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

So I've started flying my CX2 indoors...

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

So I've started flying my CX2 indoors...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Furadi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I've started flying my CX2 indoors...

Usually I fly in my backyard. It's a small fenced space so wind usually isn't an issue If I stay below the fence line. Anyways, I've gotten more comfortable and am able to fly in my apartment with minimal space. What seems weird is that flying indoors seems to run the battery down faster. I can't figure out why the heli would have to work harder indoors. I have been practicing spot landings so there's a lot of hovering 2 feet off the ground when I'm trying to line up my landing. Could this have something to do with it?

The only reason I think that is because I'm constantly adjusting altitude trying to spot land.. When I'm outside I just get up in the air and fly around, the left stick doesn't really move up or down once im in the air. Does that make sense? Anyone else notice something similar?

Oh and the difference is pretty major, outside I might fly for about 10 minutes on my common sense pack. Inside I start losing power at around 5 minutes. To the point I can't even sustain a low hover.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:27 AM
06sportster
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: So I've started flying my CX2 indoors...

That would be my guess too. It takes more control input to fly it indoors. The requires more motor speed changes. They other thing to consider about the power loss is: possible wearing out of motors or the lipo pack could possibly be going bad.

I have only ever flowing mine indoors. Some day I will venture outside to the great wide open
Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Furadi

ORIGINAL: 06sportster

That would be my guess too. It takes more control input to fly it indoors. The requires more motor speed changes. They other thing to consider about the power loss is: possible wearing out of motors or the lipo pack could possibly be going bad.

I have only ever flowing mine indoors. Some day I will venture outside to the great wide open
I would think, that it would take a while for the motors or the battery to out. I probably have less then 30 flights on the motors and less than 20 cycles on the battery.

So how long does your battery last would say? and what battery are you using?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
06sportster

I've never really timed mine. I would guess I get a total of, in air, fly time of about 8-10 mins. Thats on the stock E-flite pack. I also have 2 other packs, they seem to fly a bit longer and with more power.

If I have time tonight or this weekend I will charge one up and really time it. I'm sure someone else with more knowldge and experance will step in soon.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
MTboy

I get 10 min. with my two eflight batts inside. Outside it seems to run longer but havent timed it since I have only done it twice. At lower levels it seems to run shorter by a min or so, Thinking its from being closer to the ground.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:42 PM
06sportster

Sorry that it took me so long to get back with my flight times. I set up my radio to activate the timer any time the throttle was up. I just timed my Tenergy 10c 900mah pack and it was 12 minuets and a few seconds. That was all indoor flying, I did have one crash. My blades hit and I crack one of the lower blades. I have one of my E-flite batteries charging now, I will check it later on tonight.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 PM
06sportster

Alright, I just flew my stock E-flite battery (800 mah) and it lasted 10 min & 25 secs. It was the same flying conditions as my last post.

Both times were just when the power was on and I was in the air.

Does anyone know of any batteries that will fit the CX2 that have more than 900 mah?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
gmscholl

Check out the DN batteries at KRs hobbies.com 900mah and 25c gives me a good 10 to 12 minutes inside.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 PM
wbrosen

Replacement batteries for cx2 -they also have replacements for MCX try www.ritehobby.com - they are under $20
TNG10C9002S-TN Tenergy 10C 900mAh 7.4V 2S For Blade CX2
Item Code: 31104
Tenergy 10C 900mAh 7.4V 2S Li-Polymer battery for CX2. More Capacity, Better Quality, More fun!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Sucka-Lemon

Flying insde will reduce flight time as you will be hovering more, whereas flying around will not drain the battery as much.

-Lemon.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
kruser495

lemon, you will still be hovering outside too. it could be that in your apartment you have more adjustments to make because of small space, and obstacles. where as outside you fly freely.