Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade 400 parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:05 PM
mheiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade 400 parts

I was wondering if any one here know if the blade 400 parts I.E head and tail are compatible with any other company's head and tail CNC kits. I am always looking to mod and upgrade to bigger and better stuff!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: blade 400 parts

The CopterX head and tail assys will work but, there's a slight mod required to the main shaft ...it has to be shortened a bit. Go to the B400 thread on the Helifreak.com and read all about it.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: mheiger

I was wondering if any one here know if the blade 400 parts I.E head and tail are compatible with any other company's head and tail CNC kits. I am always looking to mod and upgrade to bigger and better stuff!!!!
MHEIGER,

Yes there are several that are compatable. HOWEVER, they all work in reverse of the stock 400 as far as gogin up and down when you give full or no throttle. You can take care of that by reversing your swash mix. Align 450 CNC rotor heads and tail boxes are interchangable, Copter X, and Five Star, and lastly so are Flasher brand.

Eflite offers a CNC head and tail box with replacement parts always available. So do the Align 450 heads and tails. But the 5 Star is junk, and Copter X is fairly good.

http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=474

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=173_175

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...prodDetailTabs

Here is some homwork for you to review........................................JPEE

PS:Rowdyjoe is right, I forgot. Some heads require be dressed on a grinder..............thanks joe
[color=#0000FF]
Old 07-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

When faced with the same question about upgrading my Blade 400 and examining the cost of all the things folks were doing, I sold it and bought a T-Rex with all the upgrades.

Now I already had a suitable tx so that wasn't an issue or considered, but I figure that by the time I got new servos, CNC parts, new gyro, new batts etc.... The cost difference for the T-Rex vs. upgrading the Blade 400 didn't amount to much and if you went to one of the clones, it would be less than what I spent.

Just an idea for you to consider??????
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
DJ30

Do you guys no what the best gyro is Im having a hard time keeping the tail locked in it just wags. And I think its time for the upgrade

Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 PM
JPEE

DJ30,

What servos do you have on the 400 stock?

I have (3) three 400's one is factory stock. Yes her tail drifts just a bit but it can be corrected with throttle curve being raised in your tx menu and a little sub trim. I don't know where you are as a flier but if you go up to idle-up or stunt as some call it your tail will hold. Why? well the faster the motor turns the fast the tails spins thus allowing it to catch up with the torq of the main head. My other 400 has Hitec 65MGs on all around which includes the rudder with a stock gryo and she holds. My final 400 has Hitec's again all around and a Fatuba 401 gyro that holds well two. Being dead serious, flying passive or 3D with these last two helis I find little difference.

Good luck JPEE
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 AM
DJ30

I also have the 65mg's servos, and the jr 3400 tail servo. I still have been to scared to fly in throtle up mode, but I can do some minor 3d on the sim. Maybe it's time to give it a try thanks for the help.