Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Ivan - since you're in car mode, what would make the Slash jerk under full acceleration? I've changed every parameter I could on the ESC & nothing seems to help. Another odd thing is it is worse w/ some packs than others. I'm starting to think that there might be a mechanical issue causing excessive current draw? Except if I continue to hold the accelator full, after a number of jerks, it takes off. Stop. Full Accel. jerk for awhile. Then go like a rabbit! Any ideas?

House hunting sucks. We pretty much decided we can't afford to live on a fixed income here in IL which is on the verge of finacial collapse. Except where do we move to?? I personally would like some where a tad warmer (longer flying/driving/hovering season).

I just finished installing the new tail servo. I assumed nothing would change (I am hoping) except the tail endpoint which I set. So with the new SuperSkids & new servo went out in the driveway to do a test flight. Gusts were hittinig 8MPH, steady about 4 mph, a tad breezy for my likiing. Lifted off & hovered about 2ft off the drive for about 10 seconds & all seemed well. Kicked it into idle up & raised the hover to about 3 ft & still everything seemed OK. Went another 20 secs & landed & put it a way for a calmer day!

As soon as the wx clears up a bit, I have an appointment w/ an airplane flight instructor. I can't wait to get that Chinese trainer flying (& then the 55" t-28!)! I think they have a heli guy too, so I'll tap him later.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Chuck
Old 09-02-2012, 10:29 PM
phillyD

Right on Guys in the USAHappy holidays, and I don't think anyone here does binge drinking LMAO. Ok Sir Chucky, I got the drift(not related to cars) we got space here for all the items you requested..."I personally would like some where a tad warmer (longer flying/driving/hovering season)".
Old 09-03-2012, 02:40 PM
maxmax77

Hey everyone,
I just stopped in to say hey, and that I hope all of you are doing great. I've been very busy this last year, and no doubt I'll be just as busy this year (not a lot of helicopter flying happening on this end!)
Lesseee. I got a job! I'm a lifeguard at my town's YMCA-very fun, good money. I'm taking a lot of tough classes this year, while working and playing 3 sports, so yknow..not a lot of free time!

As I said, I hope everybody is doing well, and that life is treating you kindly. Keep the helis in the air, and the money in your pocket!

regards,
-Max
Old 09-04-2012, 02:15 AM
dunkonu23

Max,

It's great to "see" you, young sir!   It sounds like you're a very, very busy person!  That's good for you!  I hope you're enjoying everything you're doing! 

You do need to get a summer lifeguard job at an outdoor pool.  I can tell you from experience, the benefits are staggering!

Scott
Old 09-04-2012, 05:13 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: dunkonu23
How are the strange helicopters doing?
The Blade mQX is RTF, and while it's 'R', I still need to 'F' it. I have it bound to the DX8. The CineStar6 is mechanically and electrically connected, I just need to play with some setting in the firmware to get it up and ready. Hopefully finish it off this week/weekend.

Chuck-
Always hate to hear about the problems you have. Look at it this way, with the universal balance, you'll have lots of good karma coming your way.
101 mph! Whoa! Just how long was that shopping center?
If you're looking for a place to move with better weather, New Mexico has lots of sun!

Ivan-
I feel for you house hunting. We've been renting our house for almost 10 years. One of these days, we'll have to do some looking.

Jerry-
Keep a positive attitude and your batteries always charged

Philly-
Glad to hear all you got was a little wind. Always love your comments.

Max-
Remember to save time for some fun (like I have to tell you).

Yeah, RCU was acting strange over the weekend. My virus program wouldn't even let me get to the site due to a potential threat.

IRCHA from the air:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...78596815485362
Where was your tent?

Finish building my stuff, and get back into the (thin) air.

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38169.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1798541  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 AM
dunkonu23

Can't go to that site from work, Dave... I'll check it out when I get home.

RCU is really messed up these days, bro.  I'm not certain, but I think it runs under IIS (based on urls and extensions) and probably has every known windows attack thrown at it daily.  Posting a message often takes two minutes for it to respond and then usually with an invalid response.

Scott
Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 AM
9sec240

Dave, it seems that now is the time to do it. Houses have been over valued for sooooo long. It is why I refused to buy. Now that home prices are back in check, it just makes sense. The issue I am finding now is that taxes are out of control. Houses I like have taxes at 7K plus. Houses I love have taxes at 10K plus. Taxes are going UP and UP here too. Most houses I have been looking at have been going up nearly a thousand dollars a year. I just hate Illinois.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 AM
dunkonu23

Ivan,

Do they have interval taxes that make up the total/year (summer/winter... that's what we have here)?  I will agree, though... those taxes are off the hook bad.  We pay only around 3K/year total.

Scott
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
9sec240

I believe that they collect once a year. Monies go into escrow till the tax collector wants his loot.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 AM
dunkonu23

With my old mortgage in Northern, VA, I made higher payments so a portion of the payment went to an escrow account then the account managers paid taxes from that. If Ihad paid too much, I would get a check at the end of the tax year for the difference. Here, I'm paying taxes directly to the county, twice/year when the bill comessummer/winter. I do think the taxes you state are really out of touch with reality and do nothing to promote home ownership. In fact they seem punative. Ihope you can find something to your liking, sir!

Scott
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
phillyD

Geez Ivan hope these pics bring you a lucky break on the housing front...like having a floating house.

and for Chucky, Scotty, Dave and the rest too

Name:	Om34399.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1798959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32993.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1798960  
Old 09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
9sec240

That looks good Phil. Hopefully you can see it well in the air. I know my T-28 looks great in the living room lit up... but is nearly impossible to see once in the air with a little distance between me and it.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
phillyD

Whoops Sir Ivan
Thanks fer the heads up..maybe I need to keep a binocular handy
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM
phillyD

Whoops Sir Ivan
Thanks fer the heads up..maybe I need to keep a binocular handyI was/am hoping it could be visible like your delta/flying wing night craft
Old 09-08-2012, 06:33 AM
9sec240

I have a bunch of night flying lights and such to build a new bigger night flying wing. One of these days if I ever get out of this condo!!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
9sec240

I put an offer in on a house Wednesday. They finally got back to me. I accepted the contract they sent me with the exception that I was asking them to include the washer dryer and fridge that were in the house (maybe $500 worth of older appliances). They countered today by saying no... AND.... now they also want to keep the built in microwave, the stove / oven and all of the window treatments that were previously included in the original contract. ***????????
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
phillyD

Oh Sheeves Bro Ivan
Keep on hammering
Old 09-10-2012, 02:10 AM
dunkonu23

Stupid seller. That's all that is. I would reject their counter offer and lower your bid. I tried that game when I listed my house in Northern, VA. I wanted to keep my home theater system as it was not part of the house. I rejected an offer and paid for it later. It would seem that in the case of the built-in microwave and window treatments that they're just being stupid. I can understand not wanting the washer and dryer to convey, but in this market, sellers have to realize what they're up against.

Scott
Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 AM
9sec240

I did not accept their counter and rescinded my original offer. It is a buyers market right now. No need to deal with difficult sellers.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:35 AM
dunkonu23

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

I did not accept their counter and rescinded my original offer. It is a buyers market right now. No need to deal with difficult sellers.
Iagree 100 percent! I hope you find something else, soon!

Scott

Old 09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: dunkonu23
Can't go to that site from work, Dave... I'll check it out when I get home.
Find your tent?

Ivan-
Yeah, we had a housing boom a while back, so bad that houses where selling in the first day on market, sometimes sight-unseen. A little too crazy for our blood. It's starting to settle down here, but we can still wait a bit longer. Totally agree, no need to deal with nutty sellers. Next they'll say you can't have the roof and one of the support walls...

phillyD-
Ohhh, lights! Looking forward to seeing some night flights! Hopefully you'll be able to see it as well!

I was reading up in Heli Pilot mag. (June/July, I'm a bit behind on my reading). There was a new section on "Learn How to Hover". He brought up some good points that I never though about when trying to hover (like bumping a control to get the heli back inline). Good explanations and good, clear pictures (I still like Radds to start with, but this is a good next step). He has a website (of course) [link=http://www.rcflightschool.com/]RCFlightSchool[/link]. I liked what I saw, so I bought the Heli Flight Training manual (there's also a lot of plank stuff there). I'll let you know what I think when it gets here (there are some example pages on the site).

Finished the CineStar6 over the weekend. Flew the Blade mQX. It's a fun little guy. Pretty stable, even in a slight breeze.

-Dave

Name:	If10541.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1800317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24379.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1800318  
Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 AM
9sec240

Dave, that thing looks wicked. What is the second platform on one of the arms holding?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
dunkonu23

I'll bet it's a sensor of some type... or a GPSreceiver...

Scott
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
9sec240

I thought it might be a trampoline for bugs... but what would I know? LOL
Old 09-13-2012, 02:49 AM
dunkonu23

LOL! Big bugs!

Oh... thought I'd mention... we may be getting a motorhome. I've been looking at used motorhomes (Class A Gas) and today we're going to test drive one (we're not buying it). I want to get the feel of one. Believe it or not, until Tuesday, I had never set foot inside a motorhome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.