Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Tribute...a great flyer!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Tribute...a great flyer!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default E-Flite Tribute...a great flyer!

There are numerous posts, most negative, about the Tribute.

I recently assembled one bone stock, added the e-flite 370 outrunner and GWS 3 cell 1350 mah lipo. It flys beautifully, 3D's exceptionally well, hovers easy at about half throttle, matter of fact most flying is at half throttle or less, rockets straight up at full. I have not experienced any of the negative comments attributed to this model.

Many mentioned flexing wing, twisting fuse, fluttering tail, etc. I believe all of those faults were due to overpowering the model. More power is not always better...torque and speed wreak havoc on any airframe and change the flight characteristics. Too many flyers today don't really understand that.

If anyone has avoided the Tribute due to the negative posts and you want a fun, easy going airplane, rethink it.

This is a great model powered properly. By the way, I get three twelve minute flights on one charge.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 AM
foo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Tribute...a great flyer!

What he said.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:37 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been flying mine several times a week (mostly at night in a big, well lit parking lot ) for almost 2 years...I really like it
I go out around midnight and fly between the big light poles at the other end of our Home Depot parking lot. The lights stay on 'till 2 AM [8D]

Mine has undergone a constant "evolution" of modifications in the meantime though...I "personalized" it...

1st mod...added SFG's about half way out on the wings, 2" high, made of meat tray foam. Flat rudder turns are more like a pivot on a wingtip! Still has a lot of proverse roll w/ rudder, so you gotta add opposite aileron and a little up elevator too...no biggie...

I "saw toothed" the entire leading edge of the wing, (as in the QF article a few months ago ) to make vortex generators, that actually work (how about that?!) and it's consequently a little more stable in a Harrier...

Changed the shape of the rudder a little...rounded the canopy a little more too.

Personally, I don't care if the wing flexes...so what! It wobbles and vibrates a bit...who cares?! It flys sorta like a little flexi-foamy pattern ship IMO...

I have recently put an E-Flite Park 400 920kv outrunner on it (w/ the E-Flite stick mount ) and like that motor the best so far of the 3 I've had on it. I use 1320TP-PL's and an E-Flite 20A. ESC and an APC 10 X 3.8 SF and IMO it's a great set-up...[8D]

I agree that you shouldn't over-power it...my 1st motor was a Himax 2015-3600 and the 2nd was an E-Flite Park 370 -4100 inrunner, but the Park 400 outrunner so far is the best...
The only thing it won't do as well though is torque rolls, because of the 10 X 3.8 vs. the 12 X 6 it had w/ the geared inrunners, but I'll take the trade-off.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:48 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

glad I didnt see the negative stuff...I bought the tribute profile with the combo special .I have the hacker motor brushless and the stock motor that comes with it.just not sure what package to put with it.I fly rc but newbie to electric.hoping to hone my aerobatic skills and just have fun flying an electric.your advice guys as opininated as it may be lol is really welcomed..I cant imagine the foam wings not flexing and I havent seen it affect the overall performance .love the tips though..
Old 09-16-2006, 04:07 AM
eugenefelisco

I have my tribute with AXI2212/26. I reinforced the wings with 50LBS fishing line from 2 spar to the other side going thru the fuse and the other thru the bottom. No flexing and no cracks in my fuse and wing connections. I'm still learning 3d now but I can do alot of tricks considering I started 6months ago. I also use 3 servos for weight reduction. I used phoenix25, gws1047(drilled n chopped to fit my 1/8collar) and TP3c1320. I have pics of my mod so if you need more info just ask [email protected]
Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
rcMitch71

I just flew mine tonight. Tons of fun! I did not do any extreme maneuvers, but I am running the stock motor.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
foo

I need a new one,mine is beat too much.I have used mine for a for atest bed.At present I have in it;a gws bl-2212/13,9/6,2/3 cell tp-1320,3 servos.Suits my flying style.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Dick T., What prop are you using? This sounds like an awesome plane, worthy of skis for winter I think!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

APC-E 9x3.8.

Works very well.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:38 AM
powerlines

This is the best foamy that I have flown yet. I have built around 50 or more and this on is the BEST!! Thatks to Chad @ Dennis hobbies for making me get one!!

LATER