Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Won't work!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 11:51 AM
ricfly52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't work!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am new to electrics, and I am sure I am doing something wrong. I have a Wattage Crazy Max with a wattage 30 amp esc. I am using a JR r700 reciever, and a JR 783 transmitter. I hook the esc to the trottle on the reciever, turn on the transmitter, hook up the battery and I get nothing except the diode on the esc blinking. I put the throttle at low or off for 30 seconds or longer and still nothing. I tested the reciever in another plane, and it is fine. I used the transmitter on my glow planes yesterday so I know it is good. I even went back to my LHS and traded esc's thinking I had a bad one. Still nothing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This morning there is not a puff of wind, no one around at the park across the street, and my new electric model sits quiet in the garage! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Could anyone help me here?
Old 02-09-2003, 01:16 PM
00hex

Default Won't work!

Did you try reversing the throttle?
Old 02-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Bill L

Default Won't work!

Try This. When you have the transmitter on and plug in the battery, make sure the throttle stick is at Idle or off.
Then move it to full on, and watch your esc, or listen for a beep. Then move the throttle stick back to off or idle.
NOW IT SHOULD START, if you have hooked all the wires up correctly.
CLUE: a tiny automotive fuse on the + wire to the motor will protect that expensive ESC in case of a rough landing and you cant get the throttle turned off quickly enough. If the ESC is a 30 amp, use a 30 amp fuse.
Happy Flying and Ain't it nice when the wind dies down a little?
Old 02-10-2003, 09:17 PM
ricfly52

Default Won't work!

Hey thanks for the replys. Unfortunately I found out the hard way what was wrong. The receiver has a glitch, even though I tried it in another plane. I never flew it in the other plane just tested it. I finally had everything working, and had the Crazy max flying. I made a couple of circuits of the area, then tried a few rolls. It rolled well. Then I tried a snap, and lost control . When it stalled it headed straight down, and I had no control. Styro kinda disintegrates at thirty MPH. I already have the receiver in route to the manufacturer. They can ring it out and hopefully replace it. Thanks so much for the reply.
Oh buy the way, I plan to re-kit the Crazy Max!