Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

IM SO STUPID!!! ARG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Kickflipkid687

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM SO STUPID!!! ARG!!!

MAN... today was my second time flying my 3d foamy I broke my prop.... Im so mad at myself. I forgot that it flew that fast and it rocketed up in the air in a split second. Next thing I know im banking hard towards the ground, so I correct myself and try to fly up higher, but instead of letting off the throttle slowly and flying at a slower speed, i let off the throttle completly, and it drops straight down like a dead duck and breaks the prop in half. Now I gotta either buy another prop at the LHS if they even have it, or order one and wait a like 4 days to fly it. AAAAAAH! Now I know to only use about 1/2 throttle or less and gently toss it to get it going and fly SLOW while im learning. Im not use to having ailerons, or having them on the right stick. I had the rudder on that stick before, so I forget to use the rudder on the left stick now when Im flying, and i end up turning way to fast. But... I learned my lesson, and now I know more about foamies.. THERE FAST AS H#LL!!!! EVEN WITH A BRUSHED MOTOR![X(]
Old 09-13-2004, 08:10 PM
bluesilver30

Default RE: IM SO STUPID!!! ARG!!!

haha, yea. a lesson i learned from helis, if a part can break order 5 of em. that way, WHEN you break the parts, u can easily replace them. happy flying.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Kickflipkid687

yea, lmao. I ordered 2 props, a pinion gear, a spur gear, and a shaft rod so that covers pretty much the whole engine and gear box assembly, lol. My control horn for the rudder i saw came partly unglued, so i applied more gorilla glue, and gotta let it dry overnight then retrim it. I hope i can get a new prop 2morrow at the LHS and go flying before work.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:41 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Dont feel so bad, yesterday I wrecked my wing into some low hanging power lines. Its was like 5 minutes before sunset and the plane was a long ways away, at first I thought the motor quit but then when I got over to it I noticed the power lines directly above where it crashed [:@].

Nothing broke on it except the one part I dont have extras of, the stupid little plastic control arm connector thingy.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Kickflipkid687

aw that sucks.......... I hate it when U break stuff, then you cant buy it in your town or you dont have it, then gotta order it online. But, hopefully I can get a new prop at the LHS today, and maybe go flying before work. But right now its calm, but its really cloudy, and looks like its about to rain.. so im not sure. Yesterday when i was trying to fly, the wind had just died down, but it was still like 20 mph gusts or so, and about to rain.[]