Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

eRC Micro Stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 AM
parrot pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eRC Micro Stick

I did a search on the forum for the [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/micro_stik_rtf_532848_prd1.htm]eRC Micro Stick[/link] and surprisingly couldn't find anything. Could be I just didn't look hard enough... I just wanted to spread the word about this great little indoor/outdoor micro. It's very similar to the Ember, but just a little bit bigger. It's not as slow of a flier as the Ember can be, but on the fast end, a bit faster. Very maneuverable and stable, and with the power, easily can carry a key chain video camera. And... it costs about $50 less than the Ember.

Since I got mine, I've been having a blast buzzing the neighborhood! I made a video with the camera facing to the tail because of the prop distortion when it faced forward, but since then, I attached a small piece of balsa to the stick with velcro on it so that I can face the camera forward (but on a downward angle) through the landing gear. This is a rather crappy video, I was more concerned with having fun and not thinking about the video, and the view to the rear is annoying, but still gives you an idea of the possibilities of a small low hyper camera view!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFv1eT_nTOE[/youtube]

I'm awaiting a "Steve converter" and pair of ESCs so I can put the camera in front where the stock motor is and run two brushless motors mounted to the wing. I'm not really crazy about taking video from a plane, usually, no offence to those who are into it, but to be able to take it while buzzing around through the telephone wires and poles in suburbia, well it will be cool to me anyway LOL!

Dan, A.K.A. [link=http://www.youtube.com/user/parrotpilot]the Parrot Pilot[/link]

Old 12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: eRC Micro Stick

nice little bird parrot. it looks like it would be an ideal candidate for a larger homemade wing. with  larger wing you could get more lift using less power and ultimately get slower flights if you wanted. do the braces for the main wing allow for forward and and backward adjustment? if so you could change the cg on it aswell. im curious about this little bird now. i dont have much for flying toys left, just the ole playmate still.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
parrot pilot

Default RE: eRC Micro Stick

Hey there DM. I cant believe I'm saying this, but this plane is actually a great little plane right out of the box LOL! But you know how it is, after a few dozen crashes, the mods start out of necessity. The wing braces are set, but it seems doesn't seem to be as sensitive to CG as some planes. I've decided to go with a small single brushless pusher right behind the wing like a Easy star, and a balso mounting plate for my key chain camera where the stock motor is. I got "the Steve" converter a few days after I ordered it, the motor and ESC.......still waiting; they're on a slow boat from China.
Dan