Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Help, Silverlit Gyrotor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
chingman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Silverlit Gyrotor Problem

Well, I just got my Gyrotor Indoor/outdoor heli awhile ago and havent been successful flying it.. not even once. Problem is everytime i try to give it some air, the heli spins wildly in an uncontrollable fashion. I cant make it hover in the same place for even 5 sec. It flies off, out of control and them bumps into walls and other obstacles. At times it even 'Trips on its own before even taking off' Crashes before even gettin off the ground.

Has anyone here had the same problem? I was thinking of maybe returning it if nothing else works. Thanx
Old 10-19-2006, 07:55 AM
peter120

Default RE: Help, Silverlit Gyrotor Problem

Have you removed the bit of plastic that is between the rotor blades? I forgot that the first time I tried flying it. Otherwise its just a matter of trimming. Good luck! /Peter
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ching, I have 2 gyrotors and have not experienced the problems you have. Can you post a pic? As for crashing on take off, my piccos and gyrotors will all do that. The instructions say to run the power up slowly. If you want a clean takeoff, get the rotors spinning at low speed and then give them full power. Once your airborne you have to back the throttle of some. I usually air launch mine, both piccos and gyrotors. If you figure out a better way I hope you will post it on the gyrotor thread. Tim
Old 10-20-2006, 02:55 AM
chingman

Hey thanx for all the advise. When i tried returning it to the store, they found out the Controller to be the problem. The controller seemed to be lagging a few secs in response. Anyways they replaced the controller and it seems all well after that. Problem solved thanx!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Digit101

Hi guys,I hope someone can give advice,I bought my gyrotor a couple of days ago and its been an endless problem[:@]I have charged about 8-10 cycles,but no matter what the heli wont fly!Ihave never got it more than 1 or 2 inches off the ground.At what level on the control should the heli be airborne?Anybody got any ideas?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Germanarro

Hi,, I hope some one can help me. My gyrotor helicopter dosen´t fly more than 1 inch from the floor. Every thing is working good but Its like the helicopert is to heavy to elevate.

Can you help me or tell me a tip for this?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:35 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

digit and germa, The first one I bought had a similar problem. If a series of charge/discharge does not help, see if the body is touching the rotor shaft That can be enough to affect the flight. Will your helis hand launch?

Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Germanarro

I have a big problem. Te tail rotor of my heli do not work after a crash. Is there a chance to fix it?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:11 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Germa, necessito mas informaccion. Hay hair o otros in the tail rotor? Germa, is this helpful. No usar espanol en veinte anos. Can you get me a picture? ( quiero un foto) Tim
Old 04-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Germanarro

The tail rotor seems to be ok, but dosen,t work any more after the last crash. So, the heli rotate a lot. I will post a picture soon. Gracias
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Germanarro

here are the pictures. I think a cable disconect from the tail rotor after the crash. Buu I don´t see any diferent that was before.

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39895.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	669840  
Old 04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Germanarro

Hi, please some body help me.. I can’t fly my gyrotor heli. Every think seems to be ok . But the heli don’t elevate more than an inch from the floor. What can I do?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98600.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	672940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28045.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	672941  
Old 07-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Hope072007

hi all i have the same problem with my gyrotor....it doesnt lift more than 1 cm from the ground ....hnever left the groundpls tell me what i can do[sm=drowning.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 07-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Bluefire3081

hey germa...as for the tail rotor i think it has burned out...generally the tail rotors of small helis burn out very fast with even a very mild crash...i guess u gotta change the tail rotor motor. it happens!!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 AM
nil40

I bought the helicopter last week. Initially it was working well but not it is not getting high from surface. The main problem is its stabiliser is joining to the blades and giveing a very different noise. It crashing before to uplift. What should i do to fix it ?

~Nil