Default RE: New Composite F3A.

Still stay in Korea. will back home around Nov. 15th
Have a great fly!

Alex
Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 AM
nick2613

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Nuance in Taiwan. It is really a excellent plane. The flying speed is not very fast. The slow roll forNuance is a piece of cake. You can control it in the air as you will easily. I use Hacker C50 14XL,CastleICE2 80HV, Falcon 21*14, Turnigy nano-tech 10S 5000mAh, Align DS610 for AIL, Futaba s9650 for ELE, Savox sc-1256 for RUD. the weight is 4900g,without battery is 3700g.MY C.G. is as suggestion 260mmfrom the real corner of canopy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91094.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1685052  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:42 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nick2613, that's "one healthy baby boy"! I read somewhere around here that one of the F3A pilots had one with an AUW approx 10 lbs 2 oz (4565g ). Maybe his was "special"?___Everette
Old 11-11-2011, 07:02 AM
flyboy91

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or maybe look at equipment used I can pick out a few things in nicks setup that is different from mine which allows mine to be lighter. Battery, spinner, prop, speed control, ailerons servos.

Andrew
Old 11-11-2011, 08:03 AM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck,
Any reasonably priced airplane that can come in at 4900 with Turnigy Nanotech 5000's, low cost controller and servos is a winner. That is exactly what people have been asking for. I think this looks like a really good setup for lots of folks.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve that's what I thought wnen I got mine. It's adrop dead beautiful plane. I'm hoping the large fuse similar in size to my Spark Dynamic will allow a slightly slower more deliberate style than I've been using for the last few years. Mike
ORIGINAL: shannah

Heck,
Any reasonably priced airplane that can come in at 4900 with Turnigy Nanotech 5000's, low cost controller and servos is a winner. That is exactly what people have been asking for. I think this looks like a really good setup for lots of folks.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:48 AM
wattsup

OK, I guess it's my turn in the barrel. With all do respect, not a single one of you takes into consideration that perhaps nick2613 may not have the financial where-with-all to finish his plane with the latest and greatest products to get his plane's AUW down. Keep in mind, there is a huge difference between affordabilty and having everything either heavily discounted or served to you on a "silver platter"! Now with that in mind, I'll listen to your responses but that doesn't mean I will suck-up and agree. Wish you the best, Everette
Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You're a real piece of work Everette.

You first make comments that Nick's finished weight is heavy, and that maybe Andrew got a special airframe which is why his is so light. Then after Andrew points out that he used lighter components to get to his weight, you take a shot at him for being a sponsored pilot? The fact that someone can use inexpensive components and still make weight is a GOOD thing. YOU are the only one who made any negative comments about the weight.

Seriously, do you EVER have anything positive to say about anything? You're basically the personification of a black cloud.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM
can773

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wattsup

OK, I guess it's my turn in the barrel. With all do respect, not a single one of you takes into consideration that perhaps nick2613 may not have the financial where-with-all to finish his plane with the latest and greatest products to get his plane's AUW down. Keep in mind, there is a huge difference between affordabilty and having everything either heavily discounted or served to you on a ''silver platter''! Now with that in mind, I'll listen to your responses but that doesn't mean I will suck-up and agree. Wish you the best, Everette
You are off your meds again, his weight is 4.9kg....last I checked thats well under the limit.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Doug Cronkhite

Don't confuse him with reality Chad.. he won't like it.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Everette the fact that the plane will make weight with inexpensive options is a good thing. I firmly believe that anything under the 5KG limit is good. I had an original Sickle all composite that weighed in at 14 ounces over before I put it on an expensive diet. I'm telling you without any hesitation that this plane is really special from a cost vs" quality and weight standpoint it has the goods. Mike
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

Maybe when we order a plane we just need to say that we are ordering it for Andrew or Chip, or whoever. That way we will be sure and get the pick of the litter, straightest, lightest airframe and not one of the pieces of crap they sell to the general public.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Seeing as how most all of those airplanes are built according to a materials/layup schedule, I highly doubt there is much difference in weight beyond an ounce or two. The conspiracy theory is nice to talk about I guess when you're locked out of flying over winter because of snow.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
shannah

You can see the build process here:
http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjair1&no=59
http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjair1&page=2&no=40
http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjair1&page=2&no=39
http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjair1&page=2&no=36

and a few more links on those pages. Assembly line production. Not much variation other than amount of glue/epoxy used.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:29 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

The wings are built up. Maybe that is the reason the plane is quite light.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
wattsup

Doug, you and Chad should consider a civil union after all you do reside in California and have soooo much in common. Also, Chad, when did you start practicing medicine? Oh my goodness, another self appointed internet guru/physician! Please tell who sent you in here to do their dirty work? It's going to take more than you two clowns to derail me! Now moving on, my next question is for all the sponsored pattern pilots residing here in the U.S. This is a very simple question. Are any of you aware of your sponsor's obligation to provide you with IRS Form 1099-MISC at the end of each calendar year or when you file your taxes? The reason I ask is because the IRS, under the guidance of the Obama Administration, has been deemed this an area of tax avoidance. No, I'm not an accountant or a tax attorney so take this for what it's worth. I was told earlier this week that this area of abuse was in the process of being "tightened-up" because the Obama Administration's need for all the taxes they could get their hands on to offset their deficit spending habit! I wish you all well, Everette
Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Doug Cronkhite

I guess geography wasn't your strong suit in school.. California, and Alberta are not only not the same state, they're not even in the same country. The funny part is there isn't anything to derail you from, as you've yet to make any sort of point other than you're angry at nearly everyone, and have a specific axe to grind with people who get things at different prices than you.

Here's a clue for you.. your attitude, is at least part of the reason why nobody will ever sponsor you.

The term 'off your meds' is a rather sarcastic way of saying you're ranting for no apparent reason, which, if you WE'RE taking your meds, you might understand.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 PM
extraline

I use Hacker ACRO C50-13XL APC20x13prop TY1 70mm spinner ICE80HV Hyerion 4600mah 5Sx2 pack and Futaba9206 for all
Total weght is 4820g
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
flyboy91

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Extraline,

That's a very good weight! The nuance should fly very good at that weight.

Andrew
Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 PM
ArchNemesis

Everette,  besides the comic value of reading your posts and trying to speculate exactly how you were wronged in a past life by a sponsored hobbyist, I figured I would point out 2 things.  1) The VAST VAST VAST majority of "Sponsored" pilots (yes, of whom I'm fortunate to be one) do NOT get all, most, and often none of their equipment for free.  Most arrangements provide some level of discount of various amounts down to the manufacturers cost of the product.  In these arrangements, the pilots are paying for their product and there is no requirement to report anything to the IRS (any more than you have to report buying something from Walmart that's on sale to the first 5 customers...etc)
2) those sponsored pilots at the very top of the totem pole that are fortunate enough to get free product and in some cases a paycheck, are also able to claim their hobby as a source of income, and as such are allowed to reduce there "earnings" (including product value) with offsetting expenses for the hobby which in most of those cases FAR outweigh any supposed income. 

What I don't get is why you have such an issue with sponsored pilots when all of them worked their way through the ranks UNsponsored.  Most, if not all, didn't get sponsored until they beat someone that was.  They not only earned their sponsorship through hard work, practice and dedication to the sport, but most (sadly, not all) continue to earn it through great representation of the hobby, providing help and guidance on the products they use, and overall representation of their sponsors. 

I'd further argue that guys like Andrew, Dave Lockhart,  who are prolific posters of valuable information, save EVERYONE money by testing dozens of setups and various equipment and allow us to avoid spending a LOT of money on disfunctional or inferior setups.  And while they likely get a lot of that equipment at reduced costs, or free, they still have to spend countless hours setting aircraft up, testing, reconfiguring, retesting, etc.  All to help their performance, and in turn, to help ours.  Bottom line, they, and many others, pay back to the pattern community and RC community in spades.

Instead of focusing on what you feel others take from the hobby, why not spend some time on figure out what you can give to it.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:43 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Everette..

Here you are again. I am laughing. You are complaining that this plane is 4.9kg? Because he used heavy stuff? And he still makes weight? Then you say Chad is a guru because he stated his opinion? Which is what you are doing right? Which is what you are always doing?

Do you even fly pattern in contests? I haven't seen your name in one Kfactor under contest results. Not saying you don't fly in contests, just saying I haven't seen your name there. Not saying you don't deserve your say if you do fly pattern planes though or if not. This is a public forum, but geez man, what is your problem with beating every new thing up? You have a problem bro. That's clear to everyone on RCU. Not to you though right? And to beat up on sponsored people for earning a spot on a team???? Seriously? Talking tax talk? What is wrong with you? You need to quit RCU. No one wants to see your posts! No one!

Anyway, I want one of these planes. If I can find some work, maybe I can afford one. haha. Maybe Obama should tighten up more so I can find a job Everette? Picking on 1099 pilots ain't going to fix this country! Thanks to all that are posting here (except Everette). Makes me want one even more!

Chris
Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
shannah

I think the production line photos are pretty interesting. I don't know anything about the designer, BJ Park, but he put a ton of sweat equity into this. I deal with Chinese factories a lot and I can tell you that it ain't easy to get a high quality, high precision piece of art built. The photos show some pretty cool jigs and great attention to detail.

I don't have one of these planes and I have a full stable right now so I probably won't get one anytime soon. But I really appreciate the work this guy put in. He and anyone else that puts the ton of hours required to produce a pattern plane should be getting a pat on the back. They are the reason we have planes to fly.

SO, I just tip my hat to Mr. BJ Park and say thanks for helping the pattern community grow. This looks like a great product.

Steve Hannah
Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Dsnow

The wing weight can very a lot depending on wood selection for internal frame and wing skins. I think the potential is there to have extremely light wings and stabs with the use of the built up structure and still have great strength and stiffness.

I did not see any pictures showing the process they use to attach the skins to the internal frame, do you know if there are any?

Dave Snow
Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 PM
kochj

Could someone show me the wings being built up?
I thought I saw foam..???
Doesn't matter....just like to oogle over this stuff..
Old 11-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Alex Voicu

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

It looks like BJ Craft is working on a new model based on the Nuance fuselage, named Episode. It features a large canaliser, double tapered swept wings and composite winglets.
Scroll down on this page:

http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjair1&no=66

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.