Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly 22a Pilot report Please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly 22a Pilot report Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 05:05 PM
neweheliflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragonfly 22a Pilot report Please

ORIGINAL: neilwillis

There is not too much difference between nitro and electric in opinion. I've tried nitro and now electric and the only real difference is the cost. A crash with my nitro cost me up to ?150. A crash with my Dragonfly costs me nothing yet (the main gear was my fault (?4.99)
You have the same luck as me [:@]. I crashed my Nitro Heli yesterday - Cost $300 to fix. It was not a good day for me. [:@][:@]
Old 02-07-2005, 10:10 AM
bhermer

Hi Guys,

I have just ordered a Dragonfly 35 from rc-expert, with head holding gyro lipo bat etc, I started with the Feda Dragonfly and after flying into the wall numerours times, and generally smashing it into lots of pieces (why they fitted carbon fibre undercarriage is a mystery to me??) I feel that i am ready to move to a CP heli!!.

I have been browsing these forums looking for some info, have any of you had any experience with it (#35)? Also chronus, if it turns out to be like your opinion of the 22a what checks can I do to ensure it doesn't 'explode'!! What does gap mean? etc.

I must say that I have heard people slagging the cheap end 'ebay' type helis, but I cannot begine to tell you the amount of damage my dragonfly has sustained, only to be picked up, superglued and flown again!! If you are a true novice, then a £60 heli that can take alot of punishment is probably worth a go just to see if you will like the hobby (I never considered helicopters until I bought one cos it was cheap, and now the traxxas t-max has been relagated to the cupboard!! and I am spedning £150 on my next one!)
Old 02-07-2005, 03:37 PM
neilwillis

I just sold my T-Maxx to pay for my heli habbit!!!!

Was sorry to see it go [:@]
Old 02-07-2005, 05:26 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

So would you recomend this platform to a new pilot, well not toally new, im learning on a jabo II but as a second heli to actaulyl get good on? Which one would you recomend as a second heli the fixed pitch four channel or the ccpm 6 channel. thanks for the help.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:47 PM
neilwillis

If you are able to hover and don’t have the odd panic moment, then I would say get the 22A. If however you are like me and things get a little "out of control" at times then get the 22D.

The 22D is very robust. It will take some beating into the ground. The radio gear is not too bad, but better in the 22A. I had a JR transmitter and receiver, so I purchased a speed controller and gyro and fitted all my own radio gear.

I hope this helps, if you need any more info just ask
Old 03-13-2005, 02:26 AM
jolllyroger

any thing you fly may or may not be ready right out of the box. A little tweaking and patience and they all fly pretty darn good. I have a dragonfly and a honey bee. HB is more stable and i looped it today going for invert tomorrow. dragonfly is real good for bashing around. It takes a lot of abuse and is easy to fix. Just go over everything real good b 4 flying it and try holding it by tail boom while setting up cyclic trims before first flight. then set on ground and throttle up to just below lift off to set tail rotor mixing. when you get them set right they both fly great HB is more reponsive but damages a bit easier especially the blades. If you go honey bee get some plastic blades to learn with and not fixed pitch blades as they will lower head speed to much. I have some semi symetrical blades from kyosho that i put on mine when i broke the woodies that came with it. They are semi symetrical and give little neg lift but more flight duration. Hell just buy both of em.