Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

rc-expert.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 10:03 AM
kitcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc-expert.com

Anyone ever buy anything from them? I'm thinking about buying one of their package deals.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:51 AM
liteglow

Default RE: rc-expert.com

i had one bid there but i did lost it :O

A friend of mine told me that the parts on the deal dont last !!
So when u need new parts the price is high !!

Anyway... i dont know more than that... He seems like a OK guy to buy from...
Old 06-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Norrmannen

Correct, there are some cheap stuff in his packs. I'd avoid the gyro they have and the servos and i'd go for the 35A esc even if they say the 25A is enough, 35A has room for future upgrades.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:41 PM
liteglow

ORIGINAL: kitcar

Anyone ever buy anything from them? I'm thinking about buying one of their package deals.

Do you bid on anything at eBay !?
Old 06-04-2005, 02:16 PM
cybot16

i ordered a trex from that guy on ebay. £200 with servos, gyro, esc, and motor, as well as the kit of course!

Will keep you posted about the quality of stuff. Lets see if it will deal with monster 3D moves!!! (doubt that though)
Old 06-04-2005, 04:47 PM
kitcar

I suspect we're talking about a different person/site. This is a straight purchase site - http://www.rc-expert.com/ - not a bidding site. Yes, this place is an "Ebay platinium powerseller", but I'm looking at a straight purchase from the site. From what I can find out the home is out of Taiwan and the products are shipped direct - factory direct with one middle man, if you will, thus the low cost, if I'm seeing this right;

Nobbicom It Ltd
Flat 5, 8/F., Ping Fai Industrial Bldg
312 Un Chau St
Cheung Sha Wan, na 000

So if they ship and you get the stuff, cool.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:55 PM
zeeshan

im begging you not to buy from them they are the worst sellers in the WORLD they ripped me hard and they say stuff which they wont do just dont . Ill go into the type of stuff later but ive got to go.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:28 AM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away! I've had bad experiences every single time. With helis and planes and wont do it again!!! If your going to buy a new car,dont go to a used car lot.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:41 AM
gordthebiker

I had a few problems with my servos and they sent 72MHZ instead of 35MHZ. However, they replaced the parts and threw in a spare TX just in case the crystal swap didn't work. They replied to all my emails and rectified the error. Some places just ignore you totally so I prefer to use them.

Another example was when they sent the wrong part, I told them and they sent a new part FOC and didn't want me to send it back! Nice.

All companies make mistakes, only some fix them.

Gordon
Old 06-05-2005, 02:25 PM
cybot16

ORIGINAL: gordthebiker

Another example was when they sent the wrong part, I told them and they sent a new part FOC and didn't want me to send it back! Nice.

Gordon
Well, of course they would! It costs nothing for them to buy! Shipping it costs more than the actual product!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:17 PM
DEFLYER22

Stay away from this company, their customer service very very bad. I made the order from them and the product received is NOT working at all. Emailed them, not reply.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:43 AM
Hover Dude

hi
I have made two succesful transactions with rc-expert, although it took them a week to mail my second one. I ordered some parts for my 22d 12 days ago and i recieved the email saying they got my order almost instantly. I still have not gotten any email about my order being mailed yet. I sent them an email 5 days ago asking about the status of my order and i have recieved nothing. This is really bugging me and it will be the last time i use rc-expert. So my advice is dont use them.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:55 AM
Cal-Torque

I just got a Z400 from them, and things are not going well... It's a brushless, and the motor shaft was bent... Now, the li-ion and li-po that were included aren't charging. I assume the problem is with the crap wall charger, but I don't know for sure yet. I'm waiting for their reply. I have to say that shipping time was amazing...China to Canada in a week. That's more of a credit to our postal service though...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Cal-Torque

This just gets better... So, after spending more money on a decent Li charger, I find that the voltage is too low to charge. So, the crap wall charger was not only not working, but actually draining the batteries to a point of being unuseable. No reply from RC Expert yet, but I assume that they may not be open on the weekends.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Danish heliflyer

I ordered a z400 with all ekstra etc. by RC-EXPERT for 7 days ago. I´t only takes 3 days to get speed post from Asia to europe. I tryed to mail them 3 times with out respons...[:@] To hours later after i payed via paypal thay have withdraw the cash from my account.
Thay sure whan´t your money, but they dont send the order the same day even thoug when we pay a lot of money for EXPRESS post.
A shame i didn´t read all the warnings before i ordered.

This will be my first and last time i buy anything from them...!!!! [:@]
Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
DEFLYER22

As I said earlier "stay away from this company". Their support is very bad and they do not reply emails or take very long time (3 days or 4 days) to reply you. Product was NOT working at all - the one I got from them is not working since I received it
Old 07-13-2005, 02:02 PM
DEFLYER22

ORIGINAL: Danish heliflyer

I ordered a z400 with all ekstra etc. by RC-EXPERT for 7 days ago. I´t only takes 3 days to get speed post from Asia to europe. I tryed to mail them 3 times with out respons...[:@] To hours later after i payed via paypal thay have withdraw the cash from my account.
Thay sure whan´t your money, but they dont send the order the same day even thoug when we pay a lot of money for EXPRESS post.
A shame i didn´t read all the warnings before i ordered.

This will be my first and last time i buy anything from them...!!!! [:@]

Did you get the shipment from them yet?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:09 AM
FL350

Hi All ... just thought I'd add my impressions of rc-expert... I believe they are Hong Kong based, and seems to me they are quite a new set up. I ordered bits and pieces for a Honey Bee 2 and all came correctly, though it did take the full 2 weeks quoted on their regular airmail rate. I also ordered 3 sets of symmetrical blades and they sent me flat bottomed ones. However an email produced a returns invoice, I sent them back and 3-4 weeks later (postage time to and from France) got the correct parts.

I did find their email response good and well worded, and I would use them for further part orders. However I agree that their combos do not have decent equipment -ESC's, servos etc. and would tend to buy the individual components seperately!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Traveler

Hey all,

Just to add my 2C.

I ordered their RTF T-Rex 450X with carbon parts and V3 / XL-upgrades through eBay a week or so ago. I went for the Airtronics Sanwa RD8000 transmitter and matching 8-channel receiver. I can't say much about the quality of the parts yet, but it seems very well-assembled and the electronics, servo's and motor seem OK. No chatter, no glitches, smooth movement. This is my first CP-heli and I haven't flown it yet, but I have read through a wealth of info on the subject before making my decision on which model to go for. My only previous experience is a FP Dragonfly #05-2, which I can now maneuver through confined spaces quite well, compensating for the glitchy Walkera-servo's. After that, this T-Rex might be peanuts to fly! ;-) Oh, I also logged some hours of CP-flight on the sim (FMS). I'll post a followup on the performance of the RC-Expert set after a few flights, if anyone is intrested.

Anyways, back to the subject. My experience with RC-Expert has been nothing but good. During business-days, they never failed to respond to email within a few hours or otherwise the next day, to my many pre and post-sale questions, with even an occasional response during the weekend. Their emails are in good and understandable English, and they also really read, understood and properly answered all of my questions (unlike some of the Chinese sellers I've dealt with). They gave me a good deal, with some extra's, and shipped within 3 business-days after we agreed on the final configuration of the set. The shipment took about a week to arrive at my door, but spent about 3 days of that time at customs here in the Netherlands. The goods arrived here complete and in good, undamaged condition. Haven't had any problems with anything they shipped yet, so I can't report personally on how they would handle that, but from my experience with them so far, I'd expect we would be able to work things out. I will definately order from them again.

Tip: If you don't appear to get a reply from a seller, always check if it didn't accidentally end up in your spam-box. Happened to me on some earlier occasions.

I also experienced some weird DNS-related problems when sending email to the "rc-expert.com"-domain a few times and am still not sure if the problem was on my side or theirs. After I became aware of the problem due to some "temporary failure"-type bounces coming back after 24 hours, I simply always verified if the mail I sent to them was accepted by their MX-host. The problem hasn't surfaced since friday last week, so maybe it was temporary. Always keep an eye out for bounces. Note that it can take a failed delivery several days to generate one.

Grtz,

Traveller
Old 08-09-2005, 06:35 PM
hydravien

i wouldnt buy from them. a "carbon fiber brushless motor"? thats not right
Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Traveler

Hey hydravien,

Yea, I found it a bit intresting and it was the first time I've seen it as well. They advertize it as "Carbon Fiber Surface for better heat dissipation". So far, I got exactly what they advertized, and more. They're also honest about some of the parts that only have a carbon-print instead of actually beeing made out of CF in their description. The servo's, motor and LiPo flight-packs are re-branded "RC Expert". One of the questions I asked them was who the real manufacturer for those parts is, so I could look up some more info on them, but they replied that their contract with the manufacturers didn't allow them to disclose that info. They were willing to answer any technical questions I might have regarding those parts, though.

My first impression is that it's all well-built, with at least reasonably good quality components and I got good value for my money. All mechanics seem to run smoothly and the servo's feel very responsive and precise, even with very small movements of the controls. They're completely silent when not beeing moved, and run smoothly and without jitters when you do move them. Even the tail-servo doesn't seem to chatter or move, unless the heli is rotated and the gyro does it's thing. Really a great difference compared to the Walkera-stuff. It has the original 8ch Sanwa-receiver and the ESC is an Align (I assume 25A, as advertized, but I don't want to pry it loose to look).

But, as I said, I'll post my experiences after a few flights. These are just my first impressions without actually having flown it.

Grtz,

Traveller
Old 08-09-2005, 09:39 PM
colrod12

I'm gonna chime in here as well,
I also got the RTFcarbon trex v2/Rd6000 super 6ch.. and an x400 kit with electronics. that i put together about 6 months ago,
On both helis I have had to Replace all the servos(the orange rc expert jobs)[:'(].. the gyros my choice I R&R them with 401s but,
the telebee gyros still work just not to my liking.
With the exeption of the servos and them lame blue batteries plus the so called carbon parts,
The birds Really Aren't that bad.
Yes My trex was Rtf a wee bit Rough but It flew outta the box took some more trimming to get nice and smooth.
then a week later,
the motor started Running backwards, to this day dont know what the hell happen I ended up having to
Reverse two of the motor wires and back to normal it went.
Rc expert is very good with communications back and forth and was happy with there shipping that ken dude has no
personality but i got what he said, he had sent so that was cool.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Traveler

Hey colrod12,

The servo's I got with it are dark blue and the flight-packs are red. Maybe they changed manufacturers (hopefully to better ones) since you bought yours. We shall see. :-) The motor-reversing sounds a bit weird. A lot of ESC's are programmable through the transmitter, by moving the throttle-stick to certain positions right after power-up and an option to reverse the motor is not uncommon. My guess would be that it accidentally got programmed to reverse the motor at some point, or maybe lost it's settings somehow, with the default it reverted to beeing the wrong direction.

Grtz,

Traveller
Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Norrmannen

Motor direction can't be programmed, switching 2 of the 3 wires is the correct way to solve the problem.
RC-Expert are ok but some of their parts in the packages are not good, they gave me Esky servos with mine which might work in a hover but not much more as they are 0,4 kgs/cm compared to Align's taht are 1 kg/cm, that is 40% of what the manufacturer think is sufficient...
The Telebee gyro I got I changed rather quickly, HH was not possible to get working properly, Now I'm flying Futubas in both Rex'es
The batteries I got was pure crap, the weakest one I completely toasted on 3rd time trying to hover if I remember right, the other one I couldn't even get a liftoff with, they supply better cells now even if they told me mine should be ok, obviously they have come to the conclusion I was right....

Conclusion, because of their comments when I gave them feedback on the servos and batteries I'm not buying from them again, however if you know what you want and what you are getting it's no problem but frankly I wouldn't touch one of their package deals again as they put in cheap stuff you'll want to change later so it's a complete waste. Throw in a few bucks more and buy qualitystuff right away. At least get Align stuff and a good gyro.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
colrod12

Yeah guys
I think rc expert has gotten Alot of feedback from us And Are changing there tune About some of the stuff they send.
I at this point however would have to agree with norrmannem I would buy else where.

As for the Rc expert esc 25a

dont know Traveler, there's not much to set on them, the instructions say just plug and play, there Are no Real Instructions,
as to how to program them.
the one esc thats on my trex is still good thats the one whos motor reversed on me I was hovering set down for a few mins
then went to fly again and it sounded like the mainshaft was spining free or the main gear was spinnig free of the mainshaft.
then I realized its the motor spinnig the main gear counter clockwise for no reason!!
burnt alot of braincells on that one tell youwhat!

but the esc that came with my x400 as soon as I plugged the batt, something was not Right but I went into A hover Anyway
and about 3 min into hovering the thing burned up the esc was smoking and on fire,before i could do anything my 400 dropped like a rock got to it just in time to disconnect the tp 2100 and avoid any more damage.
wish i could have been Taping that it was a site to see, it scared the sh@t out of me thats for sure!![:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.