RCU Forums - View Single Post - rc-expert.com
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Traveler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rc-expert.com

Hey hydravien,

Yea, I found it a bit intresting and it was the first time I've seen it as well. They advertize it as "Carbon Fiber Surface for better heat dissipation". So far, I got exactly what they advertized, and more. They're also honest about some of the parts that only have a carbon-print instead of actually beeing made out of CF in their description. The servo's, motor and LiPo flight-packs are re-branded "RC Expert". One of the questions I asked them was who the real manufacturer for those parts is, so I could look up some more info on them, but they replied that their contract with the manufacturers didn't allow them to disclose that info. They were willing to answer any technical questions I might have regarding those parts, though.

My first impression is that it's all well-built, with at least reasonably good quality components and I got good value for my money. All mechanics seem to run smoothly and the servo's feel very responsive and precise, even with very small movements of the controls. They're completely silent when not beeing moved, and run smoothly and without jitters when you do move them. Even the tail-servo doesn't seem to chatter or move, unless the heli is rotated and the gyro does it's thing. Really a great difference compared to the Walkera-stuff. It has the original 8ch Sanwa-receiver and the ESC is an Align (I assume 25A, as advertized, but I don't want to pry it loose to look).

But, as I said, I'll post my experiences after a few flights. These are just my first impressions without actually having flown it.

Grtz,

Traveller