Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Night Ranger 3D Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Night Ranger 3D Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 03:37 AM
Nitrofever3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Ranger 3D Thread

Plz contribute.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80769.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	383300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76666.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	383301  
Old 01-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Nitrofever3D

Default RE: Night Ranger 3D Gallery

Has any one had problems with missing screws? I have read about a couple of people missing screws when they opened the new ranger and also having the links all messed up and uneven.When i got mine it came missing a collar set screw.Then i got a replacement from venom and it was totally different than my first one it had the tail boom further in the main frame different screws on the blade grips antenna wire in a different spot different charger and the controller right stick was a lil off and squeaky
Old 01-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Zap3267

I received mine and noticed the wires for the tail motor were into the main gear. No biggy and the blades were a bit loose. But the real problem was in the TX the left stick got caught over to the right and then snap it freed up causing my thumb to push too far left and bye bye heli. The TX is definitely broken it snaps like that everytime you move it. Ive boxed her back up and Venom is good about making things right at least for me they were with the VNR2 . Im just a newb though still tail in so what do I know LOL.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:01 PM
jlobster88
My Feedback: (1)

What is everyones opinion on the Night Ranger, i was looking at getting it but haven't decided yet. Can it fly outdoors or not?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Nitrofever3D

Its a good heli and it can fly outside. Go to venom-aircorps.com and see the video and they also have all the parts and hop ups u have to go to the buy button on the top right corner. So far i like it but there is a couple of thing wrong with it like screws missing linkages and sevos being out of tune another thing i noticed was that the bearings in the main shaft didnt have the covers on them they were open so i greased them up and the swash plate 2 mine binds when u turn left right up and down and it slows down the shaft and it looses altitude since it slows it down. Maybe it needs to be broken in i guess is a matter of time. One more thing it is not for noobs but is not imposible to learn to fly just takes a lil longer.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Nitrofever3D

Wow no ne has any night rangers do they..?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Æ

Hello, nitrofever18.
Who is punching whom in that little animated icon you are using?
Æ
Old 01-10-2006, 07:19 PM
makg

i heard the night ranger isn't all that good...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Nitrofever3D

well so far i havent done anything special im still hovering and waiting for the brushless and lipo i ordered so i couldnt say is junk.it has flaws but i cant really say is bad beacause it is my first heli and i have never flied a heli before.So far so good that all i have to say it acutally teaching me how to fix it. And it is getting me ready for when i get my mx400 later on.Does any one know about a good Tx/Rx combo for heli,plane,glider annd do i have to get a separet gyro for the night ranger or does it come with one?Kinda like the 4-1 it comes with.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:56 AM
Nitrofever3D

Up and running again after my little crash the other day.Broke a blade grip when i hit the entertainment center good thing i power down right before i hit a little glue and paper and shes ready[sm=idea.gif].No one have night rangers??? I guess i am left alone. I think the night ranger is good they could of done better on some parts but what the hell... at least it flies. The next step is teaching my gf to fly.I have her under training on fms till she can at least do a roll and land smoothly a couple of times.Hope fully she wont crash it or take me out
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 AM
opjose

The Nightrangers are re-badged Walkera's... specifically the DF #04 and the DF #22A.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 AM
freeonthree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my Venom Night Ranger 3D the other day. There is a collar, right above the main gear, it is made for a set screw, but they just used it for a spacer, according to Paul at Venom. He said that the set screw showing in the exploded view is incorrect. He also said to put loctite on the set screw in the green aluminum head block. Mine came loose, and the blades quit turning. LOL I never flew a heli before, so I have to say that it is a good machine, because I have only gone thru 4 charges, and im already gettin it up off the ground a foot or so, and movin it around. Every time I fly it I get a little better, but I always get the same nervous. I suppose that will go away with time and practice. My tail motor screws fell out, so make sure you check every nut, screw and bolt before ya start flyin it... Don't ya just love assembly line products... those screws are slightly smaller than eyeglass screws, so there super tiny. Wow !!!
I think this heli is going to teach an old dog a new trick...
Old 01-14-2006, 04:07 AM
rollingstone21

I can choose between getting a Night Ranger II or 3D, the II is $100AUS cheaper then the 3D, it will be my first heli..

Any reccomendations?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2006, 04:32 AM
freeonthree

Well, this is my first also... you want one with collective pitch, otherwise it fly as nice they say. Im doin great with mine. I saw a post where a bunch of guys were talking highly of the Blade CP also. I'll be flyin this thing around in a week im sure... no problem. You can too if you just take your time and stay focused. I been flyin fixed wings for 3 years, but this is weird compared to that. Alot more goin on. I wouldn't go without the collective pitch though, too many people say no way. Mine doesn't have variable pitch tail rotor (seperate motor instead) but thats supposed to be the berries too. There's one with both, for $156.00 on RCU. I'll post you a link. It's a screamin deal, and he has 30 of them only...
Old 01-14-2006, 04:34 AM
freeonthree

OK man, this is the stuff your lookin for right here !!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=152711
Old 01-14-2006, 07:03 AM
rollingstone21

Have you found that the rear motor on the tail burns out very quick? Should this deter me from buying one and buying a walkera 36 because it has the belt droven system?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
freeonthree

No, but mine is new... I sent ya the one to get in that link... Didn't you see it ??? Shaft driven tail rotor with variable pitch just like the main rotor, and a seperate gyro just like the big one's. It's the best deal I have seen so far... $155.00 !!!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Nitrofever3D

WERE IS THE PICTURES????? It does say night ranger 3d gallery.Also it does not say dog on the night ranger [sm=punching.gif] Well for those that do have them it be nice to post some pics and your likes and dislikes of it.I will be posting some new pics of mine when i get my parts in.Lets just say bling bling figure it out Should be getting the mx400 pro by tuesday will post pics of that 2 if i get it here is a link http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LZ2473**
Old 01-14-2006, 11:24 PM
freeonthree

I forgot the picture... by the way, who dogged the Night Ranger ? I love mine... I had a slight mishap earlier tonite, and I broke a ball off one of the main blade grips, and who knows where the tail rotor spur gear went, nowhere to be found. LOL I'll be ordering those on monday, and hopefully be back to practicing by friday I hope. The only thing Tower has that I need is the tail rotor spur gear. Rats !!! I hate it when this happens...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11240.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	387769  
Old 01-15-2006, 02:04 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: rollingstone21

Have you found that the rear motor on the tail burns out very quick? Should this deter me from buying one and buying a walkera 36 because it has the belt droven system?

Thanks
Make sure that you ALWAYS run it with a heat sink.

It will last far longer that way.

Also Like90 sells a kit so that you can add two motors to the tail.

Doing so lowers the heat build up on the motors and quadruples their lifespan.

Remember though those tail motors are cheap and really easy to get a hold of...

I picked up half a dozen for my helis.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Nitrofever3D

I did the same number on my blade grips just always remember to power down before u hit. It will save u some money beleive me i learned the hard way. No training gear wish i would of bought it though didnt know much about it but in the few days ive been doin it ive learned alot thats y im buying the mx400.My gf is really into r/c st mt and now into heli beacause of me.Im kinda ify about the heli though i was thinking about buying some body armor,helment and a neck brace[sm=lol.gif] and by the way go to http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.ph...578ae4f1d0b2cf they are kinda expensive though. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:43 AM
freeonthree

One big problem, there in Hong Kong. Shipping would be expensive...
Old 01-16-2006, 11:43 PM
3rcfreaks

Hi
I also broke the ball of the blade grip and another piece. the hobby shop didnt have the parts in so i went home , drilled out where the ball joints where and installed a a metal screw in ball joint. it works great, and keeps me flying till the proper parts come in.....see the pics attached.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/1522382854.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/1522391698.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/1522394336.jpg&s=x12
Old 01-16-2006, 11:56 PM
freeonthree

Very cool... What exactly are they called and size please... nice !!! That looks stronger than stock. I think when the stock one breaks, it's saving some other things from destruction though. Like a fuse... Is it to close to the pinch to get a nut on the back side ?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:34 AM
freeonthree

Here, this place is cheaper and closer... I ordered blade grips from them today for $6.50 and $6.95 flat rate parts shipping. But lots to make the shipping pay off...
ORIGINAL: Dennis Flora

OK man, this is the stuff your lookin for right here !!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=152711

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.