Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

parkzone habu (newbie to electric)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

parkzone habu (newbie to electric)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 AM
paul cov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone habu (newbie to electric)

Hi guys,
quick question, can i run 11.1v lipo on habu, and would it get off ground?, absolutely naive about anything electric but been flying and building ic aircraft for more yrs than i care to mention!, jet is rated at 14.8v, only curious because acquired 11.1 lipos from friend, any help much appreciated,

Paul.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:44 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: parkzone habu (newbie to electric)

I would doubt 11.1 v would generate enough power. Why would you risk quite an expensive plane for a $20 battery from HobbyKing?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 AM
paul cov

thanks vasek, the reason being is because i have acquired 4 11.1 lipos from a good friend who thought i could use them in the habu, very naive about electric aircraft as you can probably tell!, now if it was ic then thats a completely different story, been flying ic aircraft for approx 20yrs on and off, once again thanks for your time and info,

Paul.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:09 PM
vasek

no prob Paul

here's the "standard" 4s as per instructions:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9501

I've been flying mine on 5s keeping all the same original setup:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16729

hope this helps
V.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 PM
kelly vallee

You don't have any problem with the motor or the speed with a 5S?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:47 PM
vasek

sorry, i doublechecked and i'm flying the 45 3300 not the 5s! I think 5s would need a esc upgrade, Sorry!
V.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

my advice, don't fly the habu on anything but the recomended 4 cell lipo. a 3 will not give the power for take off. don't throw the plane either. take it off the ground. don't use a five cell li-po either. it will burn the esc out. use the plane the way it is intended for, and enjoy it. later a esc upgrade and more mah li-po and five cells may be possable. check the motor rating for voltage also it may need to be up graded too. there are retracts avail, for getting more speed that would help and cost less than a new esc,motor and higher rated li-po battery...........good luck.....RON
Old 08-13-2011, 03:05 PM
paul cov

Cheers Ron.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

THANK YOU..........RON
Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 AM
paul cov

woteva!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Valve floater

I would like to hand launch mine after flying it off the wheels for several flights. i was going to take out the front servo and put the dummy plate on.Then take the wheels of of course. How many of you guys are hand launching them . I saw on u-tube it looks quite easy.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:11 PM
cmgrc

I'm new to EDF and started flying PK HABUs this year, right now I am using 4 and 5 cell configruations with a Castle 100a lite ESC and retracts. I am having no problems other than the desire to run 6 cell power for more speed. I know the ESC will handel rhe additional power but have concerns about the Delta V fan the stock motor failing. Because of the possibility of the motor shorting out and wrecking the ESC I have added CC BEC just in case.

Right now at 50K RMP the fan is holding it's own. But if push it to 60K RPM I'm not sure the Delta V will last...

Has anybody out there tried to push the PK Habu that hard? Any suggestions on a better fan and motor to fit the PK Habu?

Before I move to a faster EDF I want to learn all I can from the HABU.

any thoughts ?

C
Old 09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

ORIGINAL: geeter

my advice, don't fly the habu on anything but the recomended 4 cell lipo. a 3 will not give the power for take off. don't throw the plane either. take it off the ground. don't use a five cell li-po either. it will burn the esc out. use the plane the way it is intended for, and enjoy it. later a esc upgrade and more mah li-po and five cells may be possable. check the motor rating for voltage also it may need to be up graded too. there are retracts avail, for getting more speed that would help and cost less than a new esc,motor and higher rated li-po battery...........good luck.....RON
Actually the stock Eflite ESC IS able to use 5 cell lipos . Read the manual and you can set it up to run 5 cells. Problem is the stock Habu Eflite motor will NOT take it, well not for long.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 PM
vasek

ORIGINAL: flyrcjets

Actually the stock Eflite ESC IS able to use 5 cell lipos . Read the manual and you can set it up to run 5 cells. Problem is the stock Habu Eflite motor will NOT take it, well not for long.
I was convinced it was the other way around [X(] my stock ESC overheats on 4s already....
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
ACES&8s

5 cell and manage throttle....go for it...which fan unit you using? hey 70mm fans I have, the 6 cell, 2500kv three blade 6 cell HET 6904 with 3300 kv cyclone motor has started to really put out. Been using 5 cell (18.5) on it for decent thrust, and the cyclone motor can handle some good power, so I tried 6 cells on 3300kv 25.2 volt 6 cell 40C pack 'pulls' down to about 20 volts under load, at 1400 watss 80% throttle static. 66,000 rpm theoretical, but more like 55-58. I have not pushed it to 100% throttle, will, when it's in the air. Testbed cheap foamie to find out. No one else at the field, and good distance away for safety, but I wish to push this to failure....or NOT!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
ACES&8s

Turnigy batts bloat and fail early, don't hold up to spec on capacity. zippy flightmax different story...in my experience with both. Zippy Flightmax is same price/good season's worth of flying, and they give warning signs of getting old, so you can toss them. some cheap lipos WILL leave you stranded dead stick without warning.