RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/)
-   -   AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH* (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/3244192-aerocat-fast-pusher-%2A70-mph%2A.html)

Galloping Ghost 08-08-2005 09:45 PM

AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I'd like to introduce the AeroCat high performance pusher jet by Model Aero . From its elegant and striking design, to its mind blowing performance, the AeroCat raises the bar for flat foam RC aircraft. Depending on power choice, the AeroCat is capable of speeds approaching 70 mph with unlimited vertical, yet it flys equally well at low to moderate speeds.

The AeroCat represents the cutting edge of flat foam airplane kits. The fit and finish are second to none, and the pre-printed graphics are simply awesome!

Designed by Model Aero, the kit is precisely CNC machined out of 6 mm Depron by Nikitis Aircraft. All parts are tabbed and notched to assure a quick and accurate build. Carbon fiber wing, fuse, and tailfin spars, pushrod material, motor mount, full color printed graphics, and color instruction manual are included. The kit is designed for high RPM inrunner or outrunner brushless motors. In stock at www.ModelAero.com There's a video link of the plane on the homepage.

Wingspan–32"
Length–31"
AUW–7-15 oz.
Speed Range–45-70 MPH
Price-$49.95

I also have a number of kits for sale in the RCU Marketplace: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=120123

In addition, there is a FREE SHIPPING promotion on the above Marketplace ad.

Regards,

Scott DeTray

HiSpeedLoPass 08-11-2005 09:48 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*

Just got my AeroCat kit today. Looks great, the quality of the kit and assembly manual are top notch. Looks like it will go together quick. Has anyone else picked up one of these? I will be using a Himax 2816-1220 motor. Would like to here what some of you other guys are using. Looks like a lot of fun. Will let you know how it flys in a few days.

Galloping Ghost 08-12-2005 05:25 PM

HighSpeed,

I'm glad you like the kit. It will fly great on the Himax 2816-1220 motor. I flew that motor a lot while testing the prototype.

I'm currently running a Warp 4 (4 turn) and that is a great motor for the AeroCat.

Let us know how it flies.

Here's a video of the AeroCat:

http://modelaero.com/video/Aero5.WMV

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

sparkling_fist 08-14-2005 12:52 PM

does this come only as a kit?
i mean do you have to buy the transmiter, reciever, servos etc?

Galloping Ghost 08-14-2005 09:35 PM

The AeroCat is only available as an ARF. Motor, servos, ESC, etc. are not included.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

voodoo51 08-15-2005 06:15 PM

Will a Mega 16-15-3 work well with this?

Galloping Ghost 08-15-2005 09:27 PM

The Mega 16-15-3 will work, but it is the absolute maximum I would recommend for the AeroCat. I'm running a Warp 4 (4 turn), which is very similar to a Mega 16-15-4. The 3 turn will be faster, and you may see some flutter at high speeds. Be very careful.

It wouldn't hurt to add a little more carbon fiber to beef things up if you plan to run the 16-15-3.

You will see close to 70 mph with that motor.[X(]

blwj 08-21-2005 09:38 PM

I JUST ORDERED MY AEROCAT AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I AM ALSO ORDERING THE WARP 4 (4 TURN). WHAT ABOUT THE WARP 4 (3 TURN) WOULD IT BE FASTER? ONE LAST QUESTION. ON THE WARP YOUR RUNNING WHAT PROP ARE YOU USING.

THANKS
BLWJ

Galloping Ghost 08-22-2005 03:21 PM

BLWJ The 3 turn would be faster, but it is pushing the limit of what the airframe can handle. I would recommend additional carbon reinforcement if you went with a 3 turn.

I'm running an APC 6/5.5 E prop on my 4 turn with a Thunder Power 2100 3 cell.

Good luck with the kit and let us know how she flies.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

schroedm 08-25-2005 09:50 AM

Scott,

I have a spare Hacker A20-22L, X20 ESC and a loads of 3 cell 1600Mah lipos. Could you tell me if the model will perform well on this setup?

I'm only used to 3D so not sure about 'speed' models - what size prop would give good performance on my Hacker?

Also, I'm a little confused as to props. Can I put a normal prop on back to front, do I need to run the motor backwards or do I need a 'pusher' prop?

sparkling_fist 08-25-2005 12:48 PM

does the kit come with things to attach the servos etc or do you have to comprimise and find a way to attach it?

also will a walkera 3200kv brushless work?

Galloping Ghost 08-25-2005 05:24 PM

Hi Mark,

Your setup would definitiely fly the Aerocat fine, but it wouldn't be as
fast as some other setups. That's because the Hacker is 924Kv (RPM/V).
Ideally, we would want a higher kv rating spinning a smaller prop. Your
battery sounds ideal.

As far as props go, I'd try an APC 7/5 E or a 7/6 or maybe even a 7/7. Just
put the prop on backwards and run the motor backwards. That will work fine.

Since I've never tried the Hacker, I can't say for sure what the performance
would be.

I'd be happy to trade you an Aerocat for a Composite-ARF Eurosport:D

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Galloping Ghost 08-25-2005 05:28 PM

sparkling_fist - The AeroCat comes with all pushrods and control horns. I attach the servos with hot melt glue.

I don't know anything about the Walkera 3200kv, but the AeroCat will fly on a large number of motors. Any speed type motor should work fine.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

schroedm 08-25-2005 06:19 PM

Thanks Scott,

I'd be happy to swap a EuroSport for an AeroCat...

....oh, and another $1450 :D

Rgds,
Mark

Galloping Ghost 08-25-2005 07:51 PM

Mark,

Turbine included I presume!!!;)

Scott

schroedm 08-26-2005 09:31 AM

:)

iflyatcae 08-27-2005 04:37 PM

would a 1450kv bp-21 do the trick on this lil' bird? by the way, dern good lookin plane, and nice flyin in the video ;)

Galloping Ghost 08-27-2005 04:46 PM

iflyatcae- Thanks for the kind words. That is my friend Jeff Heitman flying the Aerocat in the video. He sure makes it look easy!

I'm not familiar with the BP-21, but the specs indicate it would work well, perhaps with something like an APC 7/5 E and a 3 cell lipo.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

iflyatcae 08-27-2005 04:57 PM

WOW, thats the fastest reply EVER. the bp-21 is basically a cheap brushless, about 13 bucks. Im all about cheap stuff, im 16, so thats what I use in my 3d foamie, and another foamie ap plane. if you want to find out more about it, go to aero-nuts.com. If you know of any other cheap motors that would work, please let me know.

thanks

sparkling_fist 09-03-2005 09:06 PM

u can get a kit for a brushless outrunner or $9
u have to make it urself but its not hard u just need to had patients

Joe Ortiz 09-04-2005 02:57 PM

Being new to electrics, will a Kontronik Fun400-23 and a 2000ma 3 cell lipo fly the plane?

Joe[8D]

Galloping Ghost 09-04-2005 05:13 PM

Hi Joe,

I think the Kontronic would be a fine motor for the AeroCat from what I've read about it. It would be at the higher end of the power range for the plane.

You would want to consider additional carbon fiber strengthening if you used that motor. ;)

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Joe Ortiz 09-04-2005 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Galloping Ghost

Hi Joe,

I think the Kontronic would be a fine motor for the AeroCat from what I've read about it. It would be at the higher end of the power range for the plane.

You would want to consider additional carbon fiber strengthening if you used that motor. ;)

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Thanks for the info, I have this motor and esc combo with a APC 5.5X4.5 prop in my GP Slinger, flys good, take offs are slugish, but once it's going, it flys good.

Joe[8D]

Centralrchobbies 09-11-2005 07:39 PM

What a blast to fly very fast and tracks straight. Hand launch is easy just give about 3/4 throttle and let it go and it will climb out. would like to see a little bit bigger version of this though. This is the most simple plane to build everything fits together perfectly. Highly recommend this plane. Just my 2cents. Rick

Joe Ortiz 09-11-2005 07:50 PM

Rick, what's your setup?

Joe