Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Kadet senior electric conv.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Kadet senior electric conv.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 AM
dbarnes6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadet senior electric conv.

I have not been in the hobby for a long time, but i am really leaning toward going electric. Partly because I'm a hippie and partly because Nitromethane is freaking expensive! I have never messed with electric and don't know much about it. i have Kadet senior kit that I have been working on. I'm currently on deployment to Afghanistan and i want to finish this project whenI get home and I would very much like to convert it to Electric, but i need some help. I was wondering if someonw could give me some ideas and point me in the right direction now so i can get started as soon as I get home.I need help choosing a motor, esc, and anything and everything else i would need to fly electric. Any advice is much appreciated thanks!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:51 AM
mark50b

Default RE: Kadet senior electric conv.

How much does the plane weigh,  4 to 5 lbs?   If so,  I would use a Power 25 motor,  with a 60 amp Castle esc and 10 amp Castle bec.  With this setup, you can use a 4s pack.  The Castle system I mentioned can handle up to 6s.  

Old 08-06-2011, 02:33 PM
CrashLanding28
Banned
My Feedback: (-7)

Give us a little more detail about your planes weight and what kind of performance you're looking for. We can give you a much better suggestion if you do.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
dbarnes6

okay well I am looking to have the ability for slow flight but at the same time able to do some very basic acrobatics when i want to. I imagine the plane will weight anywhere between 5.5 up to maybe 8 lbs depending on what batteries i use(another issue all together). i want good flight times where I can fly a good 15 minutes and swap batteries to go again. Iam also needing help on choosing a charger and I was also wondering what kind of charge times I can expect. Basically I want a fairly spirited plane and decent flight times as well as some advice on batteries and such(a little advice on what brand of brushless motors would be awsome too). Thanks for all the advice.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:25 AM
levram1
My Feedback: (1)

ok