Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Freedom Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 11:21 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Flyer

I finally went over to my local hobby shop for the first time which said to carry alot of airplanes ( i live in NYC, we only have like 3 hobby shops). The manager recommended the Freedom Flyer from Megatech. He said the radio is excellent and i can use it for a long time. He even said that he has seen many people fly this airplane without any help for the first time. I just want to confirm this with you flyers and see what your points of view are.

Thanks

Plane available here:

http://www.ahc1931.com/products.php?ID=9941
Old 12-18-2004, 11:25 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Default RE: Freedom Flyer

My suggestion..if its megatech..and your a 1st time flyer..dont buy it..and if you bought it..take it back...take a look at sky scooter pro 2..at hobby people .net...on sale now for $139 for everything neeeded to fly..and its an rtf,,that takes about 15 minutes to put together...no glue needed...
Old 12-18-2004, 11:28 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

p.s..megateck also makes a plane called the Airstrike...it has been nicknamed by many who tryed to fly it..with out success...the Groundstrike....
Old 12-19-2004, 09:00 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

What about the Wattage Cessna RTF, at 150.00 looks like really nice plane to begin with on solo.
Please ASAP, beacuse soon im goin to the local hobbyy shop with my dad, and i dont want to make a mistake. The manager keeps saying its best plane on the market, but i think hes just desperate to sell it

Thanks

and please respond ASAP
Old 12-25-2004, 03:31 PM
flyingflipper

Definitely not a good training airplane. I own one and I can tell you that when it worked, it flew very fast. Stay slow when you are learning!

Most of the time, however, it doesn't fly well. I haven't figured if the thrust angle has changed because of a minor crash or if the motor isn't revving at full RPM's.

Stick to a model that everyone else is flying and you will be able to get plenty of free and informative advice.