Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Choosing a radio package?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Choosing a radio package?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 05:49 AM
davidtkal
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing a radio package?

I have started and stopped in rc over the years. I'm really interested getting back into small electric plane and park flyers. I have no problem choosing a plane but, choosing a radio is a different story. What I want is a radio setup with a reciever and micro sized servos with could be used in parkflyer aircraft. I would mind channel mixing also. What price range am I looking at? The Toledo RC show is coming up and I would like to find something there.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Choosing a radio package?

You basically can't go wrong with whatever you choose as far as functionality and quality are concerned. Any of the four major brands (Futaba, JR, Hitec and Airtronics) produce quality products and provide great service. The right vendor will sell you any combo.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Old Man

Default RE: Choosing a radio package?

Yea, what Matt said. Seriously he is right. It comes down to what features to you want and how it "feel" in your hands.

My kids all fly the Airtronics VG6000. It is a nice entry level computer radio with limited mixing for around $170.00 and you can get it with micro servos, ESC. We have four of them and they have been trouble free.

I just upgraded to the JR XP 9303. It is a killer radio that does everything that I want it to do and it will support Helis and sailplanes as well.

I would look around on line and at your LHS. Don't get caught up in the big show hype!