Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Wattage Corsair turns hard left on hand launch

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Wattage Corsair turns hard left on hand launch

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 09:09 PM
screamingbuick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Corsair turns hard left on hand launch

I'm new to this, but I think I have a torque issue, the plane banks hard left on Hand launch. Luckily the plane takes a heck of alot of abuse. three nose dives, a couple of cart wheels and so on. What is the easiest way to correct this. I also toasted the 15 amp speed control on one of the dives. I'm surprised these things don't have some sort of fuse or circuit breaker. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 03-19-2005, 09:13 PM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Wattage Corsair turns hard left on hand launch

oh man i need to know that too i just orderd one too will ask support monday and answer this topic back
Have you tryed take offs from ground yet
Old 03-19-2005, 10:26 PM
screamingbuick

I haven't tried that yet, maybe I should have tried that first. The plane is really strong like I was saying. It did a complete out of control loop and smashed nose first into grass, I thought it was done right there, but it went another 4 or 5 disasterous flights before I finally burnt up the speed controller. hahaha, my youngest brother lives in Long Beach area next to hobby people so he's going to get me a new speed controller tommorrow. I live in New England.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:58 AM
simplyloge

Scream,

Make sure you get the battery as far to the front as possible. This will make a hugh difference in performance. ROG's are easy with this plane if you get it rolling before applying full throttle. Otherwise it gets squirrelly. My esc burned after 5 flights....Wattage Global gave me a new one at no charge once I sent back the burned esc. Also be careful of over controlling......this plane tip stalls very easily. But once you get the feel for it....its great fun to fly. Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
screamingbuick

Great, thanks, maybe the next loop I do will be under my control, not the control of the radio control gremlins, hahaha. I'll let ya know
Old 03-20-2005, 06:56 PM
whiteghostUK

Normally torque should not make the plane vear left !!

Few things to look at : are the wings level and both sides equal in length ?

My extreme flys left or right if the wing is not seated perfectly ( well nearly perfectly !)

Make sure the rudder and elevator are level and straight when you turn the plane on.

My extreme elevators ( up and down ) pull up slightly when the plane is turned on so I set them

lower when power is off !!!

Also because of the shape of the wings don't pull back to far on the elevator as it should do a

steady climb with just power !

If all is flat and level try a slight adjustment to the right with the rudder to compensate for the left shift...

[8D]
Old 03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
screamingbuick

Thanks for all the advise guys, I really appreciate it.