Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Elevator question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Jetstorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator question

Just wondering, is it better to have my control reversed for the elevator (stick down for up) or just have it correspond (stick up for up)? Dude at my local hobby shop says its better reversed since thats the most accepted way and it'll be less trouble transitioning to another plane. I still got a fairly blank slate for this so I wanna get used to the way thats best and most convenient.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 AM
norvelnut

Default RE: Elevator question

ALWAYS set the controls to the usual standard----left is left, right is right, up is toward your belly, down is away from your belly, up throttle is forward, down throttle is back (toward your belly). These are the conventions for all aircraft, and if you teach yourself bad habits, you'll only confuse yourself later!

Anyone who gaveyou other advice doesn't know much about flying!!!!

Good luck and "keep 'em flying".
Old 06-08-2005, 08:43 AM
deli_conker

I'm not an rc guru or anything close to it, but I would make it as close to a real plane as possible. Pull back on the stick to pull up (assuming you are right side up) and push forward to dive. Think of it as if you are standing straight up and can only bend at the waist. If you want to look at the sky, you have to lean back. Look at the ground, lean forward.

Two things about the hobby store guys advice...
a) He learned to fly on a Nintendo
b) Don't let him fly your plane
Old 06-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jetstorm

Just wondering, is it better to have my control reversed for the elevator (stick down for up)
If this is what the guy at the LHS told you and this is what he meant by reversal, then he is right. With the transmitter standing up, you do move the stick down towards the ground to make the plane start to rotate up.