Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Guillows electric?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guillows electric?

hello, lookgin for some advice for a plane of mine. its a p-51 guillows im trying to make an electric. technically it will be my first plane, my first buidl anyway. it is alreayd partially built, but i have some questions about it. i started a thread in the 1/2a forums and got some good replies but they couldnt offe rmuch advice on the power system itself, so they sent me here.

here is the link to the thread. the is a photopbucket link on the first page to a large number of pictures of the plane.

thanks

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38..._2/key_/tm.htm

http://photobucket.com/albums/v280/sgcool195/Planes/

Old 01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guillows electric?

I checked out the pictures, looks great. I imagine some people have already told you that the wing loading on this plane is going to be high. That means it will be fast as a bullet, and pretty twitchy to fly. So if there is anyway you could try an actual trainer first like GWS F-stick it would be a good $50 to spend.

But, on with the task, we need to know:

the Current weight with servos,receivers, don't include the battery or motor. If you know the wing area, give that to me also.

Do you want to spend the money for some performance? Brushless and Lipos and ESC would probably be $170 or do you want to try and get by with Brushed and nicads? $70. It will be much lighter with Lipos.