Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

parkzone P51 battery hatch

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

parkzone P51 battery hatch

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone P51 battery hatch

I have flown rc more years than I can remember so when I decided to try electric I bought the mustang..great flyer but I crashed spinning inand I havent crashed anything in a long time time let alone an electric.the culprit in my opinion was the battery hatch.as I climbed from a victory roll one witness observed something looked like it fell out.when I retrieved thplane the battery was no where to be found.I suspect the hatch opened and the battery fell out and the rest ..well ..

I understand that this has happened to many others.lesson learned!I ordered a new fuse (great thing about electrics) and would like to know the best way to secure the darn hatch.also I am going after another parkzone favorite ..the typhoon 3D.it appears to be a stable aerobatic and frankly tough bird.// anyother suggestions??and not freaky stuff that looks like anything but a plane.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Chocks_Away

Default RE: parkzone P51 battery hatch

Hi,
Having not seen the mustang in the flesh, as so to speak, it's hard for me to suggest the best way, but if it was me I would do what I do on all my electric planes, and that is to secure not just the hatch, but the battery itself, that way, if the hatch does ever come off mid flight, then the battery can't fall out anyway.
The best way of doing this I have found is to use a wide velcro strap glued into place with epoxy or strong double sided tape that wraps all the way around the battery.

As for the battery hatch, I would fix it by either velcro, strong neodymium magnets, a turnbuckle or screws

Hope this is of some help to you anyway,
Craig
Old 05-27-2006, 09:54 PM
DeadManWalkin

LOL i use tape to keep that sucker on
but the one thing i don't like about the park p-51 is its brittle one hard belly land and you just killed the bat cover or the frame will crack i will be on my way to hobby town to buy the 190 Sunday. it seems that park knew the probs with the p-51 and fixed them in the 190
Old 06-22-2006, 12:47 PM
GeetarGuru101

Yeah, I had the same deal with the Super Decathlon, but instead of crashing and knocking it off the weight shift from the battery literally hanging out of the bottom screwed everything up in midair. It caused me to bob up and down thentrying to get out of it I stalled it. Those battery covers are crap. A better idea is to make a latch for it inside it and putting screws in the clip.