Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Testing E-plane on the ground--good/bad?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Testing E-plane on the ground--good/bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 AM
stashu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing E-plane on the ground--good/bad?

How does one computer the flying time for an electric plane. I have a H9 Mini Pulse with an Eflite 480, Eflite 40ESC and TP4070 Battery. I was going to run it on the ground to test the plane, and make sure everything is ok, but people said do not do this. I am not sure why. It will get cooled somewhat by the prop, so I think it will not overheat IF I just taxi it around slow? –In other words can I just get used to the plane taxiing it around for a while on the ground?-comments??

Thanks stash

Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Testing E-plane on the ground--good/bad?

stash,
ummm, yes you can taxi around a bit, but check the temps not only on the motor but also the esc and pack. The esc will get hot just sitting still and plugged into the pack. Unless the electrical components are out in the airflow, taxing around could easily over heat something if done for an extended time.