Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Multiplex Mentor

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
rcanduavs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex Mentor

Ok here is the update; we have finished the "build" but during the "phase" out we have discovered a few issues that we have discovered.

- The wing mount screws wouldnt go all the way through due to some CA having fallen into the cavity, therefore the wings weren't seating correctly atop the fuselage. We were able to clean out the CA and get the correct seating.
- We had a problem with the prop and spinner because we didnt see anywhere that suggested boring out inside of the prop, we just had to run some sand paper through it.
- The biggest problem and something that we still have to troubleshoot is the fact that the motor wont work. All of the servos for the control surfaces are working, but nothing for the engine. When turning on the transmitter and then connecting the battery pack, we arent getting the alarm beeps that should be present. Any ideas?

Thanks
David and the boys.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Witterings

Are there any lights on the ESC ????
I'd check it's plugged in properly to the right slot on the RX, I'd try another ESC if you've got one with that motor and another motor with that ESC.
The ESC may have a protector to stop it starting the motor if there's any throttle input so check the trim tabs at zero nad the throttles at the bottom when connecting the battery, can you reverse the servo on your TX on the throttle channel but make sure you switch it back again if it's not that and check all the wiring especially if you soldered bullet connectors on etc.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:00 PM
rcanduavs

- We completed all of that troubleshooting, I replaced the ESC with a known good ESC from a Telemaster and the motor ran as advertised. We then put the ESC onto the motor of the Telemaster and it didnt work. It is odd because all of the control surfaces work correctly. I guess I will be ordering a new one.