Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

installing a ignition

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:19 AM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing a ignition

I'm installing a electronic ignition on a blower engine and I would like to know if the magnet has to be positioned on the right pole.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Yes it does, or at least it did on the ignitions I've installed (if I remember right, it's been like 4 years...). On the ignitions I've installed you got a few separate brackets and the sensor loose that you installed into the bracket then press in the little wedge thing. What you can do is press the magnet on the engine however you are doing it then put power to the ignition with the spark plug installed in the boot and pass the sensor over the magnet, if it doesn't fire then flip the sensor over and it should fire, and make sure to assemble that way.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:44 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's exactly right. But in the case of a weedeater, blower and some other engine conversions, sometimes a sensor attached to a hose clamp is used, or a round tubular sensor is used. In those cases, the sensor cannot be flipped over, and you MUST install the magnet correctly. I usually power the system up and see which side of the magnet triggers the sensor. Then I color that pole of the magnet red to be sure that I install it in the prop hub the right way.

AV8TOR

Last edited by av8tor1977; 03-31-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:11 PM
erik58
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks everybody I hope to show picture of it soon