Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

what honey bee is this?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

what honey bee is this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
minitman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what honey bee is this?

Im getting a heli for free from a friend...its a honey bee thats a few years old........would this be the fixed pitch model?

I think it went for about $200 new when it just came out.

How hard is it to fly compared to a blade cx?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: what honey bee is this?

Hi minitman,

If it is simply named the esky honey bee then yes it is a fixed pitch helicopter. This helicopter has been around for a long time and lots of other companies have made versions almost identical to it. It is a fairly easy entry level helicopter that does come with it's problems. The technology used at the time was not the best when regarding the tail motor control and gyro function. You will find setting the gyro pot and tail function to be frustrating in the beginning as blade cx did not use a tail rotor for control. Also this helicopter does not accept lipo batteries if it is more than 4 years old which means you will experience a reduced flight time compared to others.

Overall though this heli is very easy to get used to and learn to fly if you have arleady flown and counter dual rotor heli. It's all a matter of wether you get a lemon or that very special all working honey bee.

There are several different heli's using the same design and parts (also if you break them you could look to these for spares)
Honey bee fp
Honey bee fp2
Honey bee cp
Honey bee cp2
Eflight blade cp

cheers
Old 11-03-2007, 05:06 AM
neweheliflyer

Default RE: what honey bee is this?

You may have the old version esky fp, [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=4]check this[/link]