Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
sly the dogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Got new blades today, they track marvelously, the old ones where
dead meat. But still gotta change the flybar and getting those
turnbuckles.
thanks for you're input
Later.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 PM
joizeex

here's vid from yesterday of my HBK crash. haven't crashed in a while. i measured headspeed at midstick hover to be around 2200.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqKfQFY1vk
here's Dragonus maiden flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-seW2hvdqw
hovering headspeed around 2300. at the end of the pack, i started losing power and started bringing it in, but stupid me didn't land right away, so just as almost all power was gone, the wind pushed it to the side and it started dropping right on my tool box. i pushed the throttle up and it gained some height but then dropped right near the tool box and cracked the blades, bend main and feathering shafts. so much for maiden! lol
Old 07-26-2009, 02:31 PM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha I didn't know I got the crash on tape. I thought I lucked out on that one. Not bad shooting though. Next time I'll try to be a little more steady with the camera. Well it looks like I'm going to be down and out for a while. My system glitched real bad this morning and I lost all inputs, she came down, upside down and I cracked the main gear in half and cracked the frame. I cant wait to order my Futaba 7ch but I need to sell some stuff to help get the funds. Fun fun
Old 07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

heh heh. nice vids J and J,

Slys posts prompted me to look at my own blade tracking and i was a bit shocked actualy

theyre running miles out ad were even worse when i tried out some stock woodies.

Im runnning the extreme GF blades. i couldnt get them to track right with just adjusting the pitch rods. so checked out the head and
the feather shaft had an Oh so subtle u bend in it. i had to shine a light from the front and look from the back in order to see it.
also the orings are toast. so im on my way to get parts. will grab some new Orings and get some more spares.
Im still wondering why my king 3 isnt getting lighton the skids till round 70%.

Joey? did you have a similar problem not so long ago. On my sim the king lifts just after half stick and with a 4000kv motor in there i dont see why it cant.

any ideas

kel.

P.S. Ive picked my next heli im certain im going to go with the Hurricane 550 i can run it on a pair of 3cells Lipos.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
joizeex

yea, Joe did a good job on the camera, too bad my skills don't allow for some fancy stuff to really show what the heli can do.

and thanks to Rusty for all the tips on the setup and electronics for the dragonus and for great prices and awesome support! he was telling me about the dragonus on the phone some time ago, that it's one awesome heli, and i figured that eventually i'll try it out. well i'm not sorry that i did, because this thing is sweet, from the looks, to light weight (791g with battery), to response. it feels very strong and solid all throughout the construction and components. wish i had the skills to wring it out in the air.

Kelownan, can you measure your pitch? disconnect the motor and measure pitch at low, mid and high stick positions. (do this for both normal and idle up) i'm assuming you're on stock Tx?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Kelownan

hey J,

I have a pitch gauge which i set it up with. and set up the mixing in my DX6 to give me +10deg to -10deg.
I replace the Orings and found out it wasnt so much the bushing but The tightness of the blade grips, giving me a masive wobble.
so nowshe tracks almost perfect and ill see if that makes a difference.

P.S my pitch curve in Norm mode is 50% 50% 100%
and in idle up it is 0% 50% 100%

Kel
Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 PM
joizeex

so i'm assuming if you have 50% pitch in normal mode, set at midstick, that's +5 degrees? you'd need for the throttle to be 50-60% (preferably 60'ish) to lift off at midstick in normal mode. When you say it doesn't get light on skids at 70%, do you mean in normal mode, and 70% throttle, roughly around 3/4 stick? (your pitch would be around +7 degrees at that point. If that's the case, sounds like you're not getting enough headspeed. Maybe a bigger pinion would help?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Kelownan

Mid stick normal mode is 0degrees.

I looked at the throttle curve again and it had been tweaked down to 90% for some reason so now it takes off at 60% ish.

i think my bird it ppretty light on the scales weighing in at about 580grams. i think thats about where it should be.

I might change the mid stick throttle to 60% and test it out.

Still have some work to get the tracking right on, at the moment its proberbly out by a quartr inch at mid stick.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
joizeex

if you're planning on hovering midstick, you'll need positive 5-6 degrees midstick. if you're planning on hovering at 3/4 stick, so that you can then switch to idle up mode and not have the swash move, then getting light on the skids right before 3/4 stick and 70% throttle is what you need. let us know what you wanna do with the heli and we can help you set it up better.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
sly the dogman

Hi, got these turnbuckels on the heli, when I put
the tool in to ajust, it pops the ball link off, always,
Like the links are to wide for the ball.
Does yours do this ?
Can something be done ?
Might as well keep the old ones.
Later.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:37 PM
warpnine

The rings should fit the ball links snuggly, so they won't pop off. Did you get the Xtreme ESK002 turnbuckle set - made for the HBK2? Did you replace you swash with one that has different sized balls on it? Not sure why yours don't fit?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:05 AM
sly the dogman

Yes , I did replace them with the extreme ESK002,
and did not replace anything else. So still ajust them by turning the extermity.
I'll send an email to Micheal and see what he says.
Thanks.
Later.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 AM
reel109

I had the same problem with the Xtreme turnbuckel set. Other people have also complained that the ball connector is too large for the ball. Simply use the links that come with the original control rods.

Jim
Old 08-18-2009, 10:41 AM
betapilot

Hey guys,
I will be having a total inventory sell-out over the next week. I still have a lot of Esky stuff left and a ton of dragonus stuff and a lot more that will be going at way less than retail so if there is anything you need let me know quick before I run out. I have been offered a contract to fly for a large company in some very cool birds and am going to jump on the opportunity and will not be able to run the shop while I am flying full time but will still be around to help anyway I can through email and such. I will send over an inventory list to anyone that wants one and it will include prices but none of the prices listed will be set in stone, package deals will be available. There is a lot of cool stuff including a couple of demo birds that will be going cheap so let me know guys.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Kelownan

hey mate,

what you got that'll fit my new gaui 550

cheers
mik
Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Cheam24

BetaPilot, I like to upgrade my HBK2. Do you have Metal Upgrade Set for Main rotor or the
metal parts ie swashplate, center holder, collet and hill and ball set ?

Thanks for starting this tread. Big help. I follow it since day 1.

Regards.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM
highway_n15

Hello overyone,
I have an upgraded HBK2 that I have been flying around the backyard for a while now.  It's specs include Xtreme 400x motor w/10t pinion, 43t pulley,  10t tail, Dynam 30a ESC, Xtreme frame stiffener and battery tray, Extreme main blades, Xtreme turnbuckles.

I have been having some trouble getting my blades to track perfectly.  I have it right now so that (on a turn table) as they wind up, the tracking is on.  At about mid stick there is between 1/8-1/4 of an inch of deviation and at a higher angle of attack the tracking goes back to being good.  In flight the blades do have a deviated tracking.  I have checked my main and feathering shafts for bends and I have made sure that all of my screws are tight. 

Is this tracking deviation due to the slop in the plastic head parts?  The new turnbuckles helped but I cant fix the problem.

Any Ideas?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 PM
George1234

ORIGINAL: highway_n15

Hello overyone,
I have an upgraded HBK2 that I have been flying around the backyard for a while now. It's specs include Xtreme 400x motor w/10t pinion, 43t pulley, 10t tail, Dynam 30a ESC, Xtreme frame stiffener and battery tray, Extreme main blades, Xtreme turnbuckles.

I have been having some trouble getting my blades to track perfectly. I have it right now so that (on a turn table) as they wind up, the tracking is on. At about mid stick there is between 1/8-1/4 of an inch of deviation and at a higher angle of attack the tracking goes back to being good. In flight the blades do have a deviated tracking. I have checked my main and feathering shafts for bends and I have made sure that all of my screws are tight.

Is this tracking deviation due to the slop in the plastic head parts? The new turnbuckles helped but I cant fix the problem.

Any Ideas?
This thread is virtually dead. You may get better results here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...page=375&pp=30

George
Old 09-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Kelownan

partly yes dead, or atleast in the intensive care unit.

anyhow sorry i missed the post highway N_51

It sound like i could be plastic head slop.

first off i would say check the o-rings mine were schredded and that was what fixed mine.
and you should realy do blade tracking at half stick.

Rc Groups is a great site, im there too but im enjoying Helifreak myself. We have Finless Bob
Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 PM
King2Nut

Eveming:
I am new to RCU but not the HBK 2. I had similar trouble and found that the O rings on my rotor head were also very worn.
Replaced them and they tracked out very well.

With Rusty out of the business where do you guys get your parts.
I have been using USHobby Supplyexcellent shipping times and a nice selection of HBK 2 parts and upgrades.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Kelownan

i have the king 3 so i also get parts from USHS, michael is awesome.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 AM
King2Nut

I will agree with that. I have yet to find a part that I need that he dosent't stock.
I am contemplating going to a Carbon Fibeer Frame
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=688
What do you guys think? The proce is not an issue. But waht do I gain with the CF Frame.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: highway_n15

Hello overyone,
I have an upgraded HBK2 that I have been flying around the backyard for a while now. It's specs include Xtreme 400x motor w/10t pinion, 43t pulley, 10t tail, Dynam 30a ESC, Xtreme frame stiffener and battery tray, Extreme main blades, Xtreme turnbuckles.

I have been having some trouble getting my blades to track perfectly. I have it right now so that (on a turn table) as they wind up, the tracking is on. At about mid stick there is between 1/8-1/4 of an inch of deviation and at a higher angle of attack the tracking goes back to being good. In flight the blades do have a deviated tracking. I have checked my main and feathering shafts for bends and I have made sure that all of my screws are tight.

Is this tracking deviation due to the slop in the plastic head parts? The new turnbuckles helped but I cant fix the problem.

Any Ideas?
I would look for other parts in the head that are wearing out. Ball ends, bearings, connectors, orings, etc.... Slop defincately can cause your tracking to be out of wack.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:05 PM
joizeex

from yesterday. i like to use as much of the open air as possible, which made it difficult for Joe to keep track of the heli and i had to fly slower than usual.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXQH2-qLD5E
Old 09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Disney1

Nice flight. Wish I had that much space available close to ome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.