Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 PM
barak1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

ORIGINAL: CFDfireman
Tony, I can hardly wait for a vid of you flying your HK-450. You must be getting a good feel for it by now. Just stay away from those pile of bricks in your back yard
You might be waiting a while, one of those crashes while flying my Lama killed my camera. Gotta order another one before I can take any video. (Plus I'm trying to get a bit more stick time before filming to minimize the embarrassment.)
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: CFDfireman
Hi Peter, Thank you for the update. 15 flights is pretty impressive. I just checked my log book and I get about 17 flights with my 1.2v 2200mah rechargables. Not sure if it's worth the change over to a lipo. Another thing is, there's not enough room in the compartment for a lipo alarm( this is my mcX tx). I could ''guess-ta-mate'' but, I would risk ruining a lipo.
The reason leethetreeguy wired the lipos in series is because he used lipos that were on hand. As I understand, he leaves the cover off on the TX compartment and keeps them in place with velcrow.
Does your Walkera TX take 8 AA batts?
Tony, I can hardly wait for a vid of you flying your HK-450. You must be getting a good feel for it by now. Just stay away from those pile of bricks in your back yard
Hey again Mike,

I've just charged the Tx lipo again after 21 flights this time[sm=72_72.gif] - that is a large discrepancy - I wonder why?[sm=confused.gif]
The Walkera Tx that I used to have (and prompted me to purchase a [link=http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/catalog/hyperlithium-111v-2200mah-lipo-battery-for-walkera-transmitter-p-927.html?osCsid=qjvq6pme2jtg5edrdao2eknmc7]11.1V 2200mAh Transmitter Lipo[/link]) contained a black plastic holder with 4xAAs on one side and 4xAAs on the other (8AA=12V in total) terminating in a male JST - and a JST female already in the side of the battery box to plug it into.........
The WK2402 Tx that came with the [link=http://www.besthobbysite.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=150_152&products_id=12592]2.4G Walkera CB180D[/link] has a similar system. This is easier to adapt to run a Tx lipo than a common Esky Tx .................[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99700.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1393279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57423.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1393280  
Old 03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
CFDfireman

Peter, the descrepancy between 15 flights and 21 maybe due to the newness of the batt. Maybe after a few cycles it will improve more. That would be nice
Mike.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
barak1001

I don't understand why they are would need 12v to power a 2.4ghz transmitter module. My DX7 runs fine with a 9.6v nimh pack with a range that's unbelievable.

It's almost like they design the transmitters with the intent of making it difficult to find a battery pack to fit it. I honestly wouldn't put a lipo in my transmitter, simply because I've left mine on and forgot about it one too many times.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: barak1001
I don't understand why they are would need 12v to power a 2.4ghz transmitter module. My DX7 runs fine with a 9.6v nimh pack with a range that's unbelievable.
It's almost like they design the transmitters with the intent of making it difficult to find a battery pack to fit it. I honestly wouldn't put a lipo in my transmitter, simply because I've left mine on and forgot about it one too many times.
Hey again Tony,

It is better to do this with a Lipo than ruin a perfectly good set of alkalines - believe me - the [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270540766730&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2133wt_732]BEEPER[/link] tells me if I have done this anyway.... The power trends of lipo are ideal for Tx as they don't lose power in the device if you switch it off between flights on different days - another bonus!

All my other 2.4G Tx are 4xAAs - just this Walkera one (WK2402) - it is a mystery to me also[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Edmund2

Have not been to well thus flying had to take a backseat. As I have to re-do the 4 in 1 adjustment and my new  silver canopy does not have holes in it for a screwdriver as the orange fuselage had, can I fly it without the canopy? It will obviously save a lot of time not having to remove and put back a few times and I do not want to make holes in the new canopy.

Will also be taking my BOL out fot it's first flight this coming weekend.

Edmund2

Old 03-10-2010, 07:07 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Have not been to well thus flying had to take a backseat. As I have to re-do the 4 in 1 adjustment and my new silver canopy does not have holes in it for a screwdriver as the orange fuselage had, can I fly it without the canopy? It will obviously save a lot of time not having to remove and put back a few times and I do not want to make holes in the new canopy.

Edmund2

Hey again Edmund,

I hope you are feeling a little better each day![sm=49_49.gif]
The good news is you CAN fly without the canopy (with the fuselage still attached) - you can trim the elevator a couple of clicks forward to compensate for the weight of the absent canopy - but it is best to drill a hole in the side of the canopy window. You can use a drill just spun between your fingers or a heated poker or soldering tip to melt a hole

Take care.

P.S. Best of luck with the BOLs maiden flight - post on [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8216608/mpage_138/key_/tm.htm]the Big Lama thread[/link] how it behaves......

Name:	Ig12332.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1395198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97307.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1395199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74349.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1395200  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:07 AM
erdnuckel2

Have not been to well thus flying had to take a backseat. As I have to re-do the 4 in 1 adjustment and my new silver canopy does not have holes in it for a screwdriver as the orange fuselage had, can I fly it without the canopy? It will obviously save a lot of time not having to remove and put back a few times and I do not want to make holes in the new canopy.

Edmund2

Hi Edmund,

usually whenever Ido fly (unfortunately not too often lately ) I fly my bird without the canopy (but I also have to admit that I dont fly outdoors, but strictly inside ... ) - here is a little movie about me flying mr.0815 in my most favorite flying area (an old, formerly unused airline club that I just lost access to) ... which also happens to be the first movie I ever made about me flying helis ... as far as the use of canopies, nothing changed since ...

regards (to all)
Sven

http://www.rcline.tv/video/1285/mein...rsterhelimovie ... enjoy! - And to whoever does: Thanks for watching!!

Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
stalyoni

Sven your heli really moves mate, im impressed. It is brushless though right?

Stal.

ps. Im waiting till i can get a canopy for my bird before i fly it again. Im not going to fly it outdoors without one.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Edmund2

Sven, having tried in vain yesterday to watch it on my cell I managed to get around the firewall this morning at work. Like Tony indicated very impressive fligh, however was that a crash right at the end?. Used a Dremmel bit and now have two nicely aligned holes for the screwdriver in the canopy. Can not wait for the kits to arrive to change mine's appearance. Have the whole of Saturday set aside for flying my two Lamas. CP will still remain under the bed - suppose to at least much later in the year.

Just wonder how Peter's l4 Spaceship modification is progressing?

Edmund
Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 AM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: stalyoni

Sven your heli really moves mate, im impressed. It is brushless though right?

Stal.

ps. Im waiting till i can get a canopy for my bird before i fly it again. Im not going to fly it outdoors without one.
Sorry to disappoint you man,

the heli in this video flies on Xtreme 180s with carbon brushes and a 7.4V battery - ele was in the 3rd, ail in the 2nd hole ...

As long as you keep on flying like me only inside, xtreme motors are sufficient. (btw. I still get almost 10min of flying out of them anyway ....)

Sven

Old 03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
stalyoni

It flies well sven, nice job mate.

Stal.

ps. been getting alot of stick time on realflight g4.5 on the CP pro so i can get ready for my new blade SR soon
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
pgroom_68

Sven, having tried in vain yesterday to watch it on my cell I managed to get around the firewall this morning at work. Like Tony indicated very impressive fligh, however was that a crash right at the end?. Used a Dremmel bit and now have two nicely aligned holes for the screwdriver in the canopy. Can not wait for the kits to arrive to change mine's appearance. Have the whole of Saturday set aside for flying my two Lamas. CP will still remain under the bed - suppose to at least much later in the year.
Just wonder how Peter's l4 Spaceship modification is progressing?
Hey again Edmund,

...and that is where the CP should remain

P.S. The spaceship is progressing slowly - only just moving actually - I'm still gathering parts, but I'm off bush camping over the weekend with the fam.....

Name:	Ol31561.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1396137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11712.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1396138  
Old 03-13-2010, 02:12 AM
stalyoni

guys i was really bored today so i was looking on the web and found this simulator software. Hangar 9 FS ONE.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnNb7GdbERM[/youtube]

After watching this video i thought i would give it a go. After hours of mucking around i got it working and it was a big dissapointment.

You only get a few models, blade cp pro, blade cx2 and a few other cp helis. I did like the look of it but as a sim it sucked.

I still think realflight is the best and then clearview.

BTW pete ive been in contact with Stefan at clearview and he said you can run two copies, one on your laptop and one at home. PM for the details.

Happy flying all

im off the pub

Stal.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:26 AM
barak1001

I was told that if I wanted to practice on planes as well as helicopters I should get a copy of RFG5, but that Phoenix RC was a much more accurate simulation of helicopters. I should have my copy of Phoenix in a few days and I should be able to report back on realism of helicopters in both then.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again guys,

I'm back & I'm sore - I found a couple of muscle-groups that I didn't think existed![sm=confused_smile.gif] Brendon, I would love to ask you for details on how do run Clearview on my notebook and PC - but I just sold my notebook to one of the guys at the campout. When I replace it I will be sure to ask you then........ Thanks for the info that it is possible.

Tony,

How much $ does Pheonix cost?

Thanks - (I'm going to a bath & bed soon)

Peter (*ouch*)[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Edmund2

Loaded Clearview Demo on my PC this weekend. Could not find a way to get my TX as the control, only indicated they keyboard. So I gave up and played on FMS. After changing the settings to be as on my TX it was a piece of pie to fly everything.

As indicated last week I had to re-do the 4in1 adjustment. No problem getting the tail staedy but for the lov eof me I just can not get thegain rigth for it to stay on the same heigt when Iuse the rudder. AfterI tried in vain -for now-I gave up and got the BOL out fir it's maiden flight.Will post detials on the BOL thread.

Edmund2
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
pgroom_68

Loaded Clearview Demo on my PC this weekend. Could not find a way to get my TX as the control, only indicated they keyboard. So I gave up and played on FMS. After changing the settings to be as on my TX it was a piece of pie to fly everything.
As indicated last week I had to re-do the 4in1 adjustment. No problem getting the tail staedy but for the lov eof me I just can not get the gain rigth for it to stay on the same heigt when I use the rudder. After I tried in vain -for now- I gave up and got the BOL out fir it's maiden flight. Will post detials on the BOL thread.
Hey again Edmund,

I just plugged in my Tx (via softdog) into comp usb THEN started Clearview - and it is one of the options (on the same dropdown as "keyboard"), so I can't think of why you didn't have any success![] It seems you are doing ev'rthing correctly as far as I can tell...... Maybe just try it again[sm=50_50.gif]
My Lama4 can do continuous piruettes in either direction and not lose or gain ANY altitude - so that aspect of your 4in1 is another thing that I cannot understand........ Maybe Tony (barak1001) has some suggestions for you - PM him

P.S. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7314409]HERE[/link] is a link to the first page posts of this thread where the CW piroettes are similar to mine, the only diff. is my CCW piros are as fast as my CW ones & I don't lose any height!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Edmund2

On the drop down menu mine only displayed keyboard with no other option. Will try to first plug in the TX and then start Clearview.

Willtry the gain adjustment again and again......... and perhaps I will get some positive result. This was however aproblem from day 1. Everything else works fine,just very annoying not being able to fly the way itis supposed to. When I want to turn I either raise or lower it on order not to hit the roof or floor, alternatively I make a turn by moving the rudder bit by bit..

Edmund2
Old 03-15-2010, 04:24 AM
pgroom_68

On the drop down menu mine only displayed keyboard with no other option. Will try to first plug in the TX and then start Clearview.
Will try the gain adjustment again and again......... and perhaps I will get some positive result. This was however a problem from day 1. Everything else works fine, just very annoying not being able to fly the way it is supposed to. When I want to turn I either raise or lower it on order not to hit the roof or floor, alternatively I make a turn by moving the rudder bit by bit..
Hey again Edmund,

As I indicated above, that is not the way it is supposed to be! Did you try PMing Tony for suggestions? He has a really nice Lama4 with plenty of experience.
Your Big Lama sounds wonderful I'm a little jealous That is the way your Lama4 should behave - but more "spritely".........

P.S. Reminder: when making "prop" adjustments on 4in1 you must un-plug & re-plug lipo for any change to take affect, but "gain" adjustments are fine - no un-plugging lipo necessary!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:40 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again Edmund,

I will list the steps that I do (as I do them on a separate comp) - so you can follow them:

Plug softdog between Tx & comp usb.
Switch on Tx & lower throttle to bottom.
Start Clearview
Settings>Controller Setup(opens new window defaulting PPM)
Calibrate(centre throttle stick)>OK
Follow on-screen instructions re. moving both sticks to their extremes and toggling all switches>Accept

This should have you up & flying - then you choose which flying site (landscape) you want, and which model you would like to fly........it is that easy!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Edmund2

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Willtry the gain adjustment again and again......... and perhaps I will get some positive result. This was however aproblem from day 1. Everything else works fine,just very annoying not being able to fly the way itis supposed to. When I want to turn I either raise or lower it on order not to hit the roof or floor, alternatively I make a turn by moving the rudder bit by bit..
Hey again Edmund,

As I indicated above, that is not the way it is supposed to be! Did you try PMing Tony for suggestions? He has a really nice Lama4 with plenty of experience.
Your Big Lama sounds wonderful I'm a little jealous That is the way your Lama4 should behave - but more "spritely".........

P.S. Reminder: when making "prop" adjustments on 4in1 you must un-plug & re-plug lipo for any change to take affect, but "gain" adjustments are fine - no un-plugging lipo necessary!

I am doing the adjustment exactly as indicated on the post you directed me to. Got it almost right only once and that was before the big crash when it changed height very slightly on the turns. Tail adjustment is perfectlystill.

Edmund
Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 AM
pgroom_68

I am doing the adjustment exactly as indicated on the post you directed me to. Got it almost right only once and that was before the big crash when it changed height very slightly on the turns. Tail adjustment is perfectly still.
Hey again Edmund,

...sorry, I was just enjoying myself flying a big Bell 47 in Clearview Wow - it is great when you Settings>Turn close up camera ON (option #11) & SHOW Tx sticks - just flipping about............(*sigh*)

P.S. Sometimes I just want to fly about in a simulator and not have a model - when you crash you have to fix it, but in the computer you just reset
Keep at it - do you mean [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7350619]THIS[/link]?
If you take a short video, it would help us see & offer some help[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 03-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Edmund2

Will get somebody to take a video and then get some advice from you guys how to upload should I not get the adjustmentright this week. Think I saw something a few pages back on the thread how to do it. Would like to display my pictures in my hanger as well.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:22 PM
museboy07

Hey guys, I been lurking around the site a while and have a question. Now don't get angry, but I DONOThave a v4. I have a v3. I couldn't find a current v3 thread so I decided to post here since the birds have their similarities. My question is regarding the servos. Well just one servo specifically. I have to replace it so I ordered a replacement one from boomtown. But I just noticed something. The pic of the servo on their site has two mounting holes or whatever they are. Well my esky servo only has one. And also the servo horn is a "T" shape and mine is just straight with 5 holes in it. One of the MAIN reason I ordered a new sero is to get the horn since I couldnt find the horn by itself. So, will the straight 5 hole horn come seperate with the new servo? And also, what do i do about that second tab with the hole? Cut it off? By the way if it makes a difference, the part # off my servo is EK2-0508 and the one I ordered is the same number. Any input?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.