Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Xheli

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Xheli

Well I have a friends wife that is going to be ordering the belt cp from xheli and I hope that everything goes good. I would hate for something bad to happen and it be because of me telling her what one he wants and where to get it. Since it's a x-mas present.
It may be two if my wife decides thats the one I'm getting..lol I get to give her two choise's this friday and then have to wait and see what I get.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:37 AM
cjennjr

I recently ordered a new xm and rx from RaidenTechfor my Raptor G2, and for some reason, the rx won't act when the tx is turned on. I sent both items back for a refund today - I don't forsee any problems (15% restocking fee for all returned items), so I'll post in 5-10 business days once they receive the items.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
jstern429

Say What?? A 15% restocking fee for stuff that dont work... If they charge you that for stuff that dosnt work, look elsewhere for parts. Not to mention I would have a chat with your credit card company about canceling the charges.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
MTboy

Yeah thats messed up. You shouldn't have to pay for there f$$kup. I would raise hell before I let that happen.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Disney1

Another good reason to use a company with a good customer service reputation.

You should not be charged a restock fee on a warrantee item!

You get what you pay for pay cheep and get stuck up the A.

R[8D]N Sr
Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

This BTW can happy even with companies that supposed to have good reps... I got screwed over by Hobby Lobby real well and lately KA Planes just did a number with me... That didn't cost me any money but they were very rude and gladly dropped me as a customer because I complained about their shipping cart and cancelled the order I was 'going' to place with them... So its NOT just 'suspect' companies. Besides... I have ordered two heli's from Xheli and had NO trouble at all... They even sent the item missing from my order right away after I emailed them...

Personally I'd email them and make sure they don't charge you the restocking fee... no use going postal before the problem arises... If they want to charge you THEN you get a bit more aggressive.

happy fly'n
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

i bought my lama from xheli and some replacement rotor blades on a separate order. no problems at all, although i thought the shipping on the replacement blades was a bit high.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 AM
nitrostaff1

ORIGINAL: mscic-RCU

i bought my lama from xheli and some replacement rotor blades on a separate order. no problems at all, although i thought the shipping on the replacement blades was a bit high.
XHeli has special $4.95 shipping for replacement part order now. If you guys ever need service or assistance, you can look for me as well as Andy on XHeli's support forum. We also have a BLACK FRIDAY SALE coming up. There's gonna be some crazy helicopter deals!

John
Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 PM
MTboy

Nitrostaff1,
I hope that everything goes smooth with the orders my wife and a friends wife made. We ordered two heli's friday and will see if we have problems. Hoping that everything is nice and smooth so I can report back with nothing but good.
So far tracking has showed it shipped and is on time to deliver..
Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Tommyjoking

Just to add my $.02 and some food for thought.......

Raidentech and the others are a California based distributor of a lot of chinese hobby stuff.

My first order from Raidentech was missing some of the order...after one email I got my missing stuff in about 15 days.

I ordered an RTF King from them and used a coupon code for free shipping...got it in 7 days in perfect shape.

I ordered a RX and some parts from them and they price matched the competition and still gave me free shipping. I found a better price after I had ordered, called them up and they adjusted the ordered and refunded me the difference plus.....friendly and quick service.

I got no issues with this company and they will get more of my business, I just wish they would expand thier selection.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:15 AM
nitrostaff1

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Nitrostaff1,
I hope that everything goes smooth with the orders my wife and a friends wife made. We ordered two heli's friday and will see if we have problems. Hoping that everything is nice and smooth so I can report back with nothing but good.
So far tracking has showed it shipped and is on time to deliver..
If you have any problem with any of your order either from Xheli or Nitroplanes.com, I will smooth it out for you. You can also get support from Andy on XHeli's official support forum. He is even better than me

Be sure to check out our Black Friday sale! Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46741.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1079709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27341.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1079710  
Old 11-27-2008, 07:28 AM
MTboy

Got the heli and everything is great.. Fast shipping to boot. The only thing is my extra battery is on back order now and they just sent me an email yesterday about it.. Same day it was delivered.. Think thats kinda odd. Other then that I will deal with them again and again..
Old 11-27-2008, 07:48 AM
nitrostaff1

Thank you MTboy. If you need my service, I am here for you

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Got the heli and everything is great.. Fast shipping to boot. The only thing is my extra battery is on back order now and they just sent me an email yesterday about it.. Same day it was delivered.. Think thats kinda odd. Other then that I will deal with them again and again..
Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 PM
AZheli

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Xheli over the past year or so, and have noticed a great improvement in their customer service/responsiveness in the past several months.

Also keep in mind that you can use the coupon code CJFREE2 on any order of $50 or more to get free shipping.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:31 PM
blade_killer

this is the code I used for free shipping

CJFREESHIPPING
Old 11-30-2008, 03:10 PM
DumbDawg

I have to say that Xheli is doing a GREAT job and helping the heli community grow by offering such great deals on heli's... I also took advantage of their Black Friday sale and ordered two more EXI 450 from them... SWEET DEAL and THX guyz....

The customer service is hugely better now than its ever been and I'm sure Xheli will benefit from it in word of mouth advertising... I'm a big fan of them and take any opportunity I have to send ppl their way...

Can't wait till my other two heli's arrive which I got an email already stating they have been que'd up for shipping, the same day... nice... As an FYI I bought a aluminum tail unit and some aluminum parts for the head which cost me an extra $100 total which gives me an aluminum heli for $155.00... gotta luv it...

The ONLY complaint I have... is not with Xheli but the EXI's tail box... Its the biggest weak spot on the heli at present so you should have an aluminum standby which can be bought for $20.00. The one I got comes with a belt and aluminum blade grips as well... Works perfect now...

happy fly'n
Old 12-03-2008, 02:26 AM
funflier

Darn I ordered one on the 28th with lots of extra blades, didnt know about the tailbox, might go for that later or get one off ebay.
I do have a Trex knock off head that I got on Ebay that I was planning on putting on the king but figure I will save it for the EXI when it gets here. Couldn't seem to get enough travel on that fake Trex head on my King to have +9 to -9 degrees.
Can you post a picture of your linkage to the servos. I must have made up 3 sets of links and still can't get it to work the way I want
Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 AM
MTboy

My buddies wife got hit King2 so thats two now that we have.. Thanks Xheli
Old 12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
bongzl

I thought I would add my 2 cents. I just received a heli from xheli today. It was my first order with them. When I opened the box the odor was terrible. The entire heli was covered with a rust like substance. It looks like it was damp for an extended period of time. I just emailed there support email. I will see what happens. Its too bad about 4 guys I work with were waiting for my heli to see if they were going to order from them.

Brad Brasel
Old 12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

ORIGINAL: bongzl

I thought I would add my 2 cents. I just received a heli from xheli today. It was my first order with them. When I opened the box the odor was terrible. The entire heli was covered with a rust like substance. It looks like it was damp for an extended period of time. I just emailed there support email. I will see what happens. Its too bad about 4 guys I work with were waiting for my heli to see if they were going to order from them.

Brad Brasel
Which Heli did you get? I just got my 2 EXI's today and they smell good!! haha Checked everything over because they might be stored for a while. One will be a parts ship, the other I will build in a few weeks. Could not pass up the $55 deal....Sorry to hear about the problem though for sure. You should try the online live tech support during the day, I have heard of better results through that avenue.

Keep us posted..

Z
Old 12-03-2008, 11:16 PM
bongzl

I ordered the Walkera 5#10. Every Metal piece on it is covered in rust. Thanks for the tip!

Brad
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
DumbDawg

For sure keep us all informed here as you go... I'm sure many here would like to know how customer services is going to handle this... CS's speaks volumes when thinking about recommending or revisiting for goodies later...

good luck
Old 12-04-2008, 03:49 PM
helicopter118

I've had excellent service from Xheli. For the black friday sale i bought an exceed g2 and an esky dauphin. Because of the numerous bad reviews on the exceed g2 I decided that I'd rather just go with the Belt CP. I went back to the Xheli site to learn about their return policy, but the explanation wasn't too clear. The site seemed to talk only about the exchange or return of defective parts so I decided to call them. They answered my call pretty quickly and the guy basically said that I just had to refuse the package and ill get my money back in full without a restocking fee! So far I have just returned it and am waiting to see my money back in my bank. (I'll keep everyone posted on that)

Also i had a problem with my esky power adapter for my dauphin. As soon as i took the dauphin out of the box, i went to charge the battery. When I plugged in my power adapter w/ the balance charger, my power adapter made some sizzling noise and then started smoking. I talked to Xheli on their online live support just a few minutes ago and asked them (Steve) if people were having trouble with their power adapters. Let me just say this, I didn't ask and wasn't expecting to have a replacement or anything, I just wanted to learn about balancing chargers and power adapters because I wanted to know if I would be able use the ones that came with my Belt CP together with the Dauphin. So without asking them for a replacement, Steve just says that he's going to send me a replacement power adapter AND balancing charger. (I'll keep posted on this as well. i should be receiving the charger and adapter 4-7 days)

It is my first time buying a helicopter from them and aside from the problem with the power adapter Xheli has had great service for me so far.

FYI try calling BOTH numbers that they listed if they don't answer one of them. that's what i had to do. Also on the site it says that they take only calls from 12pm-7 pm so that may have been a factor for some as well.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
bhchan

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with XHeli or anyone affiliated with them in any way. I'm just a random customer.
Summary: +1 for XHeli.

Long Story:
I just bought my first RC Heli. From XHeli. I read a lot of horror stories after placing my order, so I joined RCU... just in case.

Story so far has been positive:
I bought the Eagle 50 from XHeli during Black Friday, after getting my cousin a toy LamaV3 for $30 elsewhere.

They shipped right away.
I received within a couple of days.

So shipping was great.

What I bought:
1 Training Kit (basically 4 pingpong balls?)
1 Simulation Kit (basically a 4-channel controller and the shareware/freeware FMS on a disk)
1 Eagle 50 Kit (comes in a box)

What I've noticed:
the Eagle 50 box had a sticker seal that looked obviously tampered with, so I'm a little wary. Open it up, and the horizontal tail stabilizer was broken and twisted about 30 degrees from horizontal. looks like it ran into the controller that lies below it in the box.

I quickly PM'ed Andy through RCU (the reason I joined in the first place) and he quickly (within 5 hours) responded by asking for the part number. Went home to check the flight manual and gave him the part number.

The battery was already attached (via bands) to the heli, but i don't see any other signs that my heli was 'used'. no dents or scratches noticed yet, other than the broken stabilizer. So I pushed the battery out and charged it. When from 'blinking red' to 'green' within 30 minutes. yay.

I'm assuming that without a stable horizontal stabilizer, i shouldn't throttle up at all, so I can't check motors and such yet.

That's the story thus far, and I'm still in the 'happy camper' side of things. I'll update more once I get the tail stabilizer fixed. I'm reading RADD's flight school (and have printed it out) so I'm itching to 'do nothing but stay in a 1ft square box' for a couple of batteries.

(This Eagle 50 was supposed to be for my cousin's birthday, but I figure I'd try it out first to see how 11yo friendly it is. I'm glad, since he's already trashed/crashed his $30 lamaV3 toy ... as expected. he's only 11 after all)
Old 12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
MTboy

Seems everything is good with my heli after a week and a half but still havent heard about my battery that was backordered. Will be calling to cancel and just ordering a different one from another site. Plus it's cheaper..lol Other then that my time was worth dealing with them. This weekend will be the first check out of my buddies. We will see how that one goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.