Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

EK2-0426 receiver instead of EK2-0708

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

EK2-0426 receiver instead of EK2-0708

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:59 PM
ReadyToGo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK2-0426 receiver instead of EK2-0708

Hi,
Can I use the Esky 2.4Ghz 6CH Receiver EK2-0426 in a Lama V4 2.4 ghz instead of the stock EK2-0708?
A seller says it would work with any 2.4 Esky transmitter but i'm not that sure.
I've lost two EK2-0708 in one month and I start to think it isn't a reliable receiver.
Thanks for any help.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 AM
pgroom_68

Default RE: EK2-0426 receiver instead of EK2-0708

ORIGINAL: ReadyToGo
Hi,
Can I use the Esky 2.4Ghz 6CH Receiver EK2-0426 in a Lama V4 2.4 ghz instead of the stock EK2-0708?
A seller says it would work with any 2.4 Esky transmitter but i'm not that sure.
I've lost two EK2-0708 in one month and I start to think it isn't a reliable receiver.
Thanks for any help.
Hey.

What are you doing to those stock 4-channel coax receivers? Seller is correct - a 6Ch coax Rx should work (although I have not tried it)

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. The closest I've got is binding three 2.4G Rx (a 4-channel coax (Dauphin), a 4-channel non-coax (HBFPv2), and a 6ch coax (Big Lama)) from the same Tx - at different times obviously![sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 AM
aircrash

Hi,
Can I use the Esky 2.4Ghz 6CH Receiver EK2-0426
Hi, this is just a receiver.

in a Lama V4 2.4 ghz
Compatible parts: EK2-0708

instead of the stock EK2-0708?
This is a multifunctional device. Receiver plus 3in1 (gyro, mixer, speed controller).

If you mean that if your Esky 2.4ghz transmitter can work with any Esky 2.4ghx receiver, then yes it can.
If you mean that if you could separate the multifunctional device and fit there the receiver instead of its own then again it should work.
But I think your main problem is that you burn the speed controllers. Mostly out of not lowering throttle at a crash.
So you need a 4in1 (receiver plus 3in1), not just a receiver.

Thanks for any help.
Any speed controller will be damaged if you crash and have the throttle open. Your motors may also be damaged, except of all the other things.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
ReadyToGo

hi,
now I see: i can't just replace 0708 for 0426 because the latter is only a receiver and i need a 3-in-1, right?.
i didn't fail to cut the motors.
i tried hard but the heli didn't respond at all.
i even turned the radio off.
i couldn't reach the heli because it was on the ceiling, spinning like hell.
i tried to climb a chair, but failed.
suddenly, the 3-in1 unit turned off and the heli crashed to the floor.
since the 1st flight with this heli i notice a certain loss of signal between the radio and the 3-in-1 unit.
i thought i had a bad 3-in-1 unit and that the problem would be fixed when i replaced it for a new one.
i have already replaced it, but the loss of signal persists.
then, the only possible conclusion is that i have a bad radio, right?
is there something that i could do to fix this radio? what is the part of it that is more likely to have a problem?
thanks.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
aircrash

Hi,

Yes, you need a 4in1. Which is a 3in1 + receiver-> 4in1.

Now you have burnt the speed controller out of this 4in1 (EK2-0708). So it`s useless.

But as you say you have burnt the speed controllers out of loosing control of the helicopter.
Hmm, that may be caused by several factors.

One is loosing signal.
When signal is lost then it runs for a few seconds then stop powering the motors, except if the speed controllers are burnt and so they power the motors at max throttle even if the signal is lost.

The other is a mechanical problem.

Another problem could be a glitch problem. A servo may mulfunction (if it is faulty), the radio (transmitter)may mulfunction (if it is faulty). Normally there is not any glitch.

Before you install a new 4in1 then test motors if they work OK. They should not have a smell, they should spin right by spinning the corresponding shaft by hand, and they should run OK (you can test them but it is a bit difficult to describe you right now).
You should never install a new 4in1 if you are not 100% sure that motors are OK. Cause the 4in1 may get damaged out of damaged (short circuit) motors.

After you install the new 4in1 and bind it to the transmitter you have then:
a) install some fresh AA batteries to the trasmitter.
b) lower the throttle trim at the lowest point. Most propably you have lost control out of this. Even if it is set at a low setting then it is enough to get it going up...
c) test if the servo move to the right point. Your new 4in1 may work different and so you have to reverse the servo action through the trasmitter dip switches.
d) test if the rotors spin to the right direction. The upper should spin counter clockwise and the lower clockwise.

Then before a test flight you should test the signal. Take it far away, about 20 meters or more, and just see if the servo work.
Then apply a bit of throttle, but just a little and for too little period, so it does not lift.

I hope it helps.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
ReadyToGo

hi,
since day one I've been noticing this loss of signal thing.
because I have a cx3, I know how to differentiate a normal situation from a problem.
the heli sometimes kept going up even when i had already stopped throttling up, but so far I had always been able to regain control.
yesterday, before the crash, i noticed that the 3in1 sort of "restarted" between the bind and the take off.
also yesterday, before the crash, I replaced the 3in1 unit.
I also replaced the stock motors for xtreme 180 because I couldn't get off the ground more than 1 feet.
i was told i could have worn out the motors and the new ones really made a huge difference.
i wonder if this problem may have been cause by those xtreme motors but i doubt it because, as i have already said, the loss of signal happens since day one.
i have already tested the motors and they work good.
there's no smell.
as to the servos, i never noticed anything uncommon.
to me, they work great.
however, there's a real and expensive problem definitely.
i just don't know how to fix it.
b) lower the throttle trim at the lowest point. Most probably you have lost control out of this. Even if it is set at a low setting then it is enough to get it going up...
i'm pretty sure the throttle trim was at the lowest point. actually, i don't know what it is for, since it must always remain in this position.
thanks a lot.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 PM
aircrash

Hi ReadyToGo,

Then you can test the new 4in1 along with your transmitter by removing all the blades and the flybar and leave it as far as you can.
Then apply just a little throttle and leave it there for some minutes. It should spin at a fixed speed, no hickups.
You can also have someone to see if the servo move while you make the corresponding action.

If it pass this test then it is OK.

You can also use Over-Current protection / Reset-able Fuse for 180 motors (2 pcs) so to protect the new 4in1 (and the motors).

Spiros
Old 03-30-2010, 02:13 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: aircrash
Hi ReadyToGo,
Then you can test the new 4in1 along with your transmitter by removing all the blades and the flybar and leave it as far as you can.
Then apply just a little throttle and leave it there for some minutes. It should spin at a fixed speed, no hickups.
You can also have someone to see if the servo move while you make the corresponding action.
If it pass this test then it is OK.
You can also use http://Over-Current protection /Rese...for 180 motors (2 pcs) so to protect the new 4in1 (and the motors).
Hey again RTG,

I agree that putting a couple of those inline fuses is a great idea! USHobbySupply.com might be closer for you to purchase them. They will save you buying another 4in1.......

I still believe your prob to be within your Transmitter. Do you have a friend's or a LHS Esky Tx that you can use to bind it? This would eliminate the Tx as the culprit![sm=49_49.gif]

P.S. [link=https://www.ushobbysupply.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=fuse&osCsid=d56560d86491b2ef82444ff989ac7a8b&x=3&y=7]Over-protection fuses (USHobbySupply.com)[/link]
Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 AM
ReadyToGo

thank you all.
i've just realized that the esky binding procedure is the reverse of eflite.
i'm supposed to turn on the 4in1 unit before powering the radio.
the lama manual is a mess, written in horrible english and it's impossible to be sure about anything.
they say conflicting things all the time, but they clearly say :

power on the transmitter, indicator twinkles 50timeswithin 3 seconds of binding period, the indicator get solid after the binding. (please note that in the process of binding, first connect the 4 in 1 mix controller before powering on the transmitter)

the second sentence says that i must turn on the 4in1 firstly!
i was doing the very opposite.
i tried it a few times with my partially functional 4in1, and it works.
can this be the reason for a loss of signal during the flight?
I mean, can a "bad bind", caused by an incorrect bind procedure, be the reason for this signal issue?
thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 AM
pgroom_68

thank you all.
i've just realized that the esky binding procedure is the reverse of eflite.
i'm supposed to turn on the 4in1 unit before powering the radio.[img][/img]
the lama manual is a mess, written in horrible english and it's impossible to be sure about anything.
they say conflicting things all the time, but they clearly say :
power on the transmitter, indicator twinkles 50timeswithin 3 seconds of binding period, the indicator get solid after the binding. (please note that in the process of binding, first connect the 4 in 1 mix controller before powering on the transmitter)
the second sentence says that i must turn on the 4in1 firstly!
i was doing the very opposite.
i tried it a few times with my partially functional 4in1, and it works.
can this be the reason for a loss of signal during the flight?
I mean, can a ''bad bind'', caused by an incorrect bind procedure, be the reason for this signal issue?
thanks.
Hey again RTG,

Yip. The Esky manual is only good if you speak fluent Chinglish
Unfortunately it is unlikely to be responsible for a signal loss once it has bound fully (in flight)[]
I've never heard of an Esky "bad bind"

P.S. Can you visit your LHS with your bird and "try" a different Esky 2.4G Tx?
P.P.S. It is a REALLY good idea to order yourself some [link=https://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=519]protection fuses[/link] - I see USHobby is out-of-stock ATM email Michael and ask when he expects more......