RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   Honeybee King v2 tuner shop (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6043372-honeybee-king-v2-tuner-shop.html)

lohchief 05-29-2008 10:45 AM

RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: jeremycann08

where can i get pinions to suit a 3000 kv out runner motor?
What size output shaft?
-lohchief

reel109 05-29-2008 11:23 AM

Hi guys,;)

Last night I flew out two battery packs and noticed on the end of both of them the tail of my HBK2 was shaking back and forth. I tried adjusting the gyro but that did not seem to help. I remember reading something about this on the forum a while ago but forgot where.
Any ideas?

Jim

GTX SlotCar 05-29-2008 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: crashcrash
...or Align Skids (sorry GTX.....I don't think superskids will look right in this application).
LOL, we'll let it go this time :)
I'm very interested in this build. I've been thinking about one for a long time but just haven't had time. Maybe a few more pics from yours will get me going.
Actually, I don't think any available landing gear will do it justice. It needs something scale. Fabricating something out of 3mm steel rod or aluminum tubing might be fairly easy.

Rosebud6 05-29-2008 11:46 AM

Wag or up and down. I just fixed mine by replacing the foam tape holding the gyro on and my wag went away...

reel109 05-29-2008 03:14 PM

It is a wag, not up and down
Jim

jecchile 05-29-2008 09:07 PM

HI! guys... I am a new HoneyBee King 2 owner and have a lot to learn...
Question: If you replace the radio equipment installed in the HBK2 with, for example, a Spektrum radio, how would you "set up" the Idle-Up switch, Gyro switch, HOV.PIT knob and the PIT TRIM knob?... or would you lose this capabilities?...

Also, the PIT servo, where would it plug into?... in the E_sky receiver it goes in port#6 (channel 6)...

Thanks for your help...

crashcrash 05-29-2008 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jecchile

HI! guys... I am a new HoneyBee King 2 owner and have a lot to learn...
Question: If you replace the radio equipment installed in the HBK2 with, for example, a Spektrum radio, how would you "set up" the Idle-Up switch, Gyro switch, HOV.PIT knob and the PIT TRIM knob?... or would you lose this capabilities?...

Also, the PIT servo, where would it plug into?... in the E_sky receiver it goes in port#6 (channel 6)...

Thanks for your help...

LOL.....where do you start? DX6/DX6i/DX7?, AR6000/AR6100/AR6100E? Spektrum radios being programmable can compensate for the knobs where you don't really need those knobs...see pitch/throttle curves section.

jecchile 05-29-2008 10:45 PM

Thanks "Crashcrash"... I guess I should be more specific...
The radio I want to use is a DSM2 Transmitter that came with my previous heli, a Blade CX2. It is a transmitter named LP5DSM and works with a AR6100e receiver. It will save some weight and then it will also take me out of a frequency which is crowded... my radio came on channel 52 and a lot of guys are in that channel.
This is a "basic" transmitter but it is a Spektrum setup... it has all the 4 standard channels (Aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) on the sticks and 1 knob that is for channel 5... the only other switch available on the transmitter is the "Train-Sw".
Do you think I can use this setup?...
Thanks.

Zimatosa 05-30-2008 12:33 AM

The radio I want to use is a DSM2 Transmitter that came with my previous heli, a Blade CX2. It is a transmitter named LP5DSM and works with a AR6100e receiver. It will save some weight and then it will also take me out of a frequency which is crowded... my radio came on channel 52 and a lot of guys are in that channel.
This is a "basic" transmitter but it is a Spektrum setup... it has all the 4 standard channels (Aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) on the sticks and 1 knob that is for channel 5... the only other switch available on the transmitter is the "Train-Sw".
Thanks.
I doubt that the radio is going to be able to do proper swash mixing for the CCPM....I am not familiar with that radio so from here, I would only be able to hook you up with a great set of values for the DX6i or DX7. Check out the DX6, DX6i, DX7 thread....

Peace,

Z

Zimatosa 05-30-2008 12:39 AM

That servo I fried a day or so ago was replaced by a Hitec HS50. Seems like the piro rate is doubled with this servo. If anyone else installs this servo with DX6i, I had to re-reverse the channel(back to Normal) and re-reverse the gyro(back to A on Telebee) to get it to work. It is purdy sweet compared to the stock rate of the Esky. Remember to put a piece of tape over the joint where the case snaps together. These servos have no screws holding them together and they open very, very easy. I came to find out!

Peace,

Z

crashcrash 05-30-2008 01:21 AM

Thanks.
I agree with "Z" and since the CX2 is a fixed pitch unit, I doubt it's CCPM (all servos operate together on the throttle and pitch). Here's a hint...DX6's are getting a lot cheaper because of the DX6i and DX7. The DX6 uses the AR6000 RX which can be purchased off E-Bay for $42 shipped...the DX6 is capable of 10 model memory and isn't that hard to program, Look into it.

GTX SlotCar 05-30-2008 08:35 AM

....The radio I want to use is a DSM2 Transmitter that came with my previous heli, a Blade CX2. ...
If you can post a picture - take the batteries out of the Tx and take a picture of the battery tray. There may be some (3) square holes in it, and under the holes could be 4 micro switches. One of these could set the Tx for built-in CCPM mixing and another for the direction of swash movement. Some of the Esky Tx's are done this way.

jecchile 05-30-2008 09:52 AM

Thanks guys for your replies...

The LP5DSM TX does not have any micro switches in the battery compartment. Took the batteries out and looked carefully. NOTHING. It is a great little radio for "foamies" and flying indoors so I guess I'll use it like that...
Changing crystals in the E_sky TX and RX would be a lot simpler to get to a less crowded frequency...
Anyone knows what type (Futaba for example) of crystals this TX/RX will take?
Thanks again.

USHobbySupply 05-30-2008 05:17 PM

My understanding is that the Esky uses Single conversion xtals. Futaba single conversion will work. Never tried but thats what i've been told

M

jecchile 05-30-2008 06:10 PM

THANKS... I will give them a try and see what happens.

sheerider1026 05-30-2008 11:17 PM

hey guys, i did get my treex flying finally!! and i fell in love! very smooth flying(its a copterx clone) i also got the spektrum blackout problem fixed on my hbk2.. i noticed that the rx's were flashing instead of having the leds constantly on.. i remounted the rx and did a rebind and it fixed the problem.. now i need to replace a servo, feathering shaft, and main gear and it will be flying again.. i did PUFF a battery with the trex.. its a 24oomah 15c battery.. it was puffy and soft(and very hot) i let it cool down for about an hour or two and it is now charging under close supervision!1 i wonder whats up with that?? is the 15c just not good enough??

ArrowNaughtic 05-30-2008 11:45 PM

The LP5DSM TX does not have any micro switches in the battery compartment. Took the batteries out and looked carefully. NOTHING. It is a great little radio for "foamies" and flying indoors so I guess I'll use it like that...
Changing crystals in the E_sky TX and RX would be a lot simpler to get to a less crowded frequency...
Thanks again.
Just a FYI........ I traded a coaxial heli for a Futaba TX with no xtal and decided to buy a crystal set that matched my current FM RX's. I switched from the TX's frequency which was CH 33 to a Ch 19 TX and RX crystal set. My heli's flew fine for about 2 weeks using the new radio.......then all of a sudden I got major glitching and connection issues. I found out that changing the CH frequency "detunes" the TX and I had to send it in for a "retune" at the cost of $40.
This was a Futaba 6EX and I am not a expert on radio setups, but i did learn the hard way that changing cyrstals in the TX to another channel was a big no no. I am not sure how sensitive the Esky TX's are but it is worth checking into before you spend money swapping things out. The Esky RX crystals are single conversion and my flying buddy and myself have found that if using a Esky Rx you will have better luck buying a Esky Rx crystal. www.bphobbies.com has them as well as more RX's last time I looked.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!

crashcrash 05-31-2008 12:07 AM

ORIGINAL: sheerider1026

hey guys, i did get my treex flying finally!! and i fell in love! very smooth flying(its a copterx clone) i also got the spektrum blackout problem fixed on my hbk2.. i noticed that the rx's were flashing instead of having the leds constantly on.. i remounted the rx and did a rebind and it fixed the problem.. now i need to replace a servo, feathering shaft, and main gear and it will be flying again.. i did PUFF a battery with the trex.. its a 24oomah 15c battery.. it was puffy and soft(and very hot) i let it cool down for about an hour or two and it is now charging under close supervision!1 i wonder whats up with that?? is the 15c just not good enough??
Hey...a 15C wont cut it with a 450 sized heli, and an 18C isn't that good either. I'd say minimal...20C at 2200mAh. I run 2200mAh 25C's, they barely get warm (3200kv with 11t/33aESC), this is on the MX400 but I'd run the exact same on a 450, and it would be OK as long as I didn't do any heavy 3d (motor is too small).

chris1379 05-31-2008 02:56 AM

Thanks again.
Have a look at [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611167]This Post[/link] for CCPM on the LP5DSM. As for the crystals in the Esky, you can use GWS single conversion crystals. You can probably get away with moving 1 or 2 channels away.

jecchile 05-31-2008 08:18 AM

[/quote]
Just a FYI........ I traded a coaxial heli for a Futaba TX with no xtal and decided to buy a crystal set that matched my current FM RX's. I switched from the TX's frequency which was CH 33 to a Ch 19 TX and RX crystal set. My heli's flew fine for about 2 weeks using the new radio.......then all of a sudden I got major glitching and connection issues. I found out that changing the CH frequency "detunes" the TX and I had to send it in for a "retune" at the cost of $40.
This was a Futaba 6EX and I am not a expert on radio setups, but i did learn the hard way that changing cyrstals in the TX to another channel was a big no no. I am not sure how sensitive the Esky TX's are but it is worth checking into before you spend money swapping things out. The Esky RX crystals are single conversion and my flying buddy and myself have found that if using a Esky Rx you will have better luck buying a Esky Rx crystal. www.bphobbies.com has them as well as more RX's last time I looked.
[/quote]

Probably the problem with your radio was that you went from the HIGH end to the LOW end of frequencies... I think the split is at channel 32... if you stay withing the correct half of frequencies, I don't think you have to re-tune.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on crystals for the E_Sky radio from BPHobbies... will check them out. I want to go from channel 52 to channel 51 or 47.

jecchile 05-31-2008 08:26 AM

Thanks Chris1379... that is a GREAT find regarding the LP5DSM TX.

crshk2x 05-31-2008 10:16 AM

Sheerider ,I also found my 15c 2200 getting REAL warm while hovering my EXI 450,got a couple of 20c 2100 from a friend and now I have no problems w/temp. My 15c's are strictly for King2

chris1379 05-31-2008 12:44 PM

Thanks Chris1379... that is a GREAT find regarding the LP5DSM TX.
No problem. I remembered seeing that earlier. I haven't read into it enough to know if there is a way to adjust the throttle curve, though. Also, I think you can get Esky crystal pairs if you look for them. Maybe Ebay? I got the GWS Rx crystal in case I want to use my Futaba FP-T4NBF (old school) with the HBFP or a park flier with the HBK2 Rx. Esky uses odd channels and the Futaba is on CH18. The Futaba has flown my Art-Tech Cessna without incident for several years. If you plan on staying in the hobby, you'll soon be wanting a computer radio. Whether you want to go with 72MHz or 2.4Ghz is entirely up to you. Both are good but neither is perfect.

Chris

osterizer 05-31-2008 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: crashcrash
Hey...a 15C wont cut it with a 450 sized heli, and an 18C isn't that good either. I'd say minimal...20C at 2200mAh. I run 2200mAh 25C's, they barely get warm (3200kv with 11t/33aESC), this is on the MX400 but I'd run the exact same on a 450, and it would be OK as long as I didn't do any heavy 3d (motor is too small).
crashcrash, that really does depend on which batteries you're using. I've used Thunder Power 2100 ProLites in the 450s without issue or excessive heat, and they're only 15C continuous. Mentioned before, some manufacturers are optimistic, others are more accurate with their ratings.

Of course, the Flight Power Evo 25s work fine too :)

osterizer 05-31-2008 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: sheerider1026
hey guys, i did get my treex flying finally!! and i fell in love! very smooth flying(its a copterx clone)....
Omigosh, that's hilarious...... :D