Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

broken parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: broken parts

Mods, please delete, not relavent to this thread. Also, argument
Old 10-18-2008, 08:15 PM
{GBI}Harryball

If you want to argue HSP, dont take it to an HSP stile forum. You brought it, I finished it ,Jim sorry. Next time, buy one. Then talk about it. Otherwise, well You know,,,,,,,,,,,Hmmm DONT SAY ANYTHING
Old 10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Mods: Please Delete, not relavent to this thread, Also, argument
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

If you want to argue HSP, dont take it to an HSP stile forum. You brought it, I finished it ,Jim sorry. Next time, buy one. Then talk about it. Otherwise, well You know,,,,,,,,,,,Hmmm DONT SAY ANYTHING
To be civil, alot of times, especially since you feel so stongly about it, it is best not to finish it at all. Just let it go
Like I said Jim, buy one. Then lets talk. Until You do. I will not let it go. You voice is biased. Sorry dude. Have fun. let me know when you get one in your hands. Then we can talk. Otherwise your one of the fanboys spreeding mis-infromation
Old 10-18-2008, 09:16 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

To be civil, alot of times, especially since you feel so stongly about it, it is best not to finish it at all. Just let it go
Like I said Jim, buy one. Then lets talk. Until You do. I will not let it go. Your voice is biased. Sorry dude. Have fun. let me know when you get one in your hands. Then we can talk. Otherwise your one of the fanboys spreeding mis-infromation
Old 10-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Jim, just let it go. Not worth it with this guy. He just looks for trouble. You know the brands that are good and that is all that matters. Its simple, goto the tracks and look. mugen and ofna are ruling. Simple.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:03 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Evil Ernie

Finally got to his truck today. Pulled the engine (and snapped a mounting screw in the process, grrrrr) I discovered that he was missing two of the four pullstarter mounting screws....great....He's gonna be thrilled when he gets home.
I also forgot to mention: If getting a new engine is not in your mind because this one still has some life in it left, you can proably go to the local RC store and find screws that will fit the block & backplate. While there, also pick up a bottle of some loc-tite, and RTV sealer if they carry that too. The loc-tite should help prevent the backplate screws from loosening.

While you had the pullstarter off, did you have a look at the bushing or bearing that the pullstarter shaft goes into? It could be that is worn/bad and that is why fuel is seeping out.

Also, when you are screwing the pull starter back onto back plate, dont over tighten it. (You run the risk of braking the plastic tabs that the screws go into to hold it to the back plate.)
Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Evil Ernie

Thanks for the advice Jim.
After pulling the starter off, I discovered a nice crack running the length of the crankcase. The backing plate was nice and tight and the leak was caused by the crack. Figures....oh well. I'm checking with Andy to see if we're still under warranty. Also found a sheared engine mount screw..fun times.

Couple quick questions tho before proceeding with the rest of the teardown:
1. Are flywheel nuts always this tight?
2. Is the flywheel nut reverse threaded?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, the nut is on really tight, otherwise, the flywheel will come loose and your engine will rev but the RC will go nowhere. But a cross wrench and a flywheel holder will make the task of taking it off really easy.

As for the nits, no they should not be reverse threaded. So, just unbolt as usual, you wont damage it if you use a cross wrench and flywheel holder.

Also, to pop of teh flywheel from the shaft and collet, you can use an automotive battery post puller. A snug flywheel will be stubborn, but the batt post puller will yank it off safely and cleanly.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Evil Ernie

Ah, got it, you da man Jim1
Old 10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cracked case, that stinks...if you can get a sh instead of the vx I'd go that route...the vx is usually reliable and easy to tune but isnt at all a powerhouse...the sh is a good engine also but has a lil more ump....
Old 10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Evil Ernie

Just got the message that Andy RMA'ed it, which is dandy with me! Plus the neighbor ordered another one from RedCat.