Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Source for pusher props?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Source for pusher props?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 10:22 PM
bobf46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for pusher props?

Looking for pusher props for my F18 pusher 13" or 14"
Old 05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Source for pusher props?

HI BOBF46, go to APCs' website. I don't have their inventory memorized, but they have a huge selection. Flaky phone service, I thought I was ordering from the janitor!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:40 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

Combatpigg:

In reference to PUSHER PROPS - I read in a posting that you had suggested going to APC site. What is it and where is it?

Thanks
MARWEN
Old 06-03-2004, 11:57 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

pusher props

http://www.apcprop.com/

Bobf..... I've not seen a pusher jet that used props that big before. What is it ? Are you building a G&P F-18?? What engine are you using?

LP1406P 14X6P is the only thing up there.

I could have sworn they had a 12x6 or 12x8 pusher. No 12" or 13" listed. Next size down is 11x7P

Zinger makes a vast assortment of pusher props - wood - they have provided pretty good performance for me in the past.....
http://www.zingerpropeller.com/Pusher.htm

Grish/Tornado and Graupner make a few, but not in the size you are looking for

Bob
Old 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
bobf46

Hi Bob Yes it is a G&P F18 with an OS91FX...I hope this 91FX runs better than my other one Im sure you know the history on these engines. I have not flown it yet due to a couple of problems. One problem I have with the airplane is prop clearance between the prop and the horz stab but I have a prop extension from FOX on the way to solve that. The other thing is my Springair retracts catching the doors on the way up...(not good) still not sure how to fix that. The doors are spring loaded open so I will try stronger springs first after that I dont know. Any suggestions will be appreciated and also tips on how good or bad this thing flys
Old 06-04-2004, 08:25 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

I have not flown the G&P plane, but the one I saw looked nice.

Im not sure about the gear doors.. I'm not even sure the one I saw had gear doors on it.

What issues have you had with the OS91FX ?? The one I had to do muffler testing on ran very pretty well. Really came alive with both the turbo-jett and jett-stream mufflers installed. Both exhaust systems put a 13x6 APC well over 12K rpm. Idle was very good.

You may want to start with that 14x6P and clip the tips 1/2" or so. Even with the stock muffler, you want that engine up over 11.5K rpm for this type of application.

Is there any chance you can provide me a couple of photos of the engine installation on the F-18? Id like to get an idea of the space available back there. There are only a few photos on the web site, and none really show the business end.

Bob
Old 06-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Oosiksmith

There is a guy who used to post some info on the G&P here on RCU and on his own website (http://www.frontiernet.net/~rcflyer1/). He had two of them and the had .60 Rossi's in each one turning an APC 11X7 (using an old Tatone pitts muffler instead of a tuned pipe) and said they got going pretty fast. Check out his site to see a few nice pics of his planes.